St. Louis Stallions

ddub53

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could actually see the Rams moving back to LA, St. Louis Stallions replacing the Rams. Toronto getting a franchise (or have the Bills relocating from Buffalo)named the Rhinos.

Relocate the Bills? :therock:

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I thought of this thread when I was reading the following passage in a book this weekend:

"Edward had watched Bart change over the last four years from a shy child hiding behind his mothers skirts to a wild scallion free to roam the streets"

Don't know if the writer or editor should have caught that, but "St. Louis Scallions" has some interesting logo possibilities.....Scallion.jpg:P

It is what it is.

I could actually see the Rams moving back to LA, St. Louis Stallions replacing the Rams. Toronto getting a franchise (or have the Bills relocating from Buffalo)named the Rhinos.

I could see the NFL throwing money at the CFL to be able to call the Toronto Team the Argonauts, the same way they made a deal with Barcelona FC to rename the Barcelona Dragons in NFL Europe to the Barcelona FC Dragons.

LA needs something new, no use dwelling on something old. Plus with a new name people will buy new shirts and stuff and not buy clearance Rams stuff. I liked the Avengers and Extreme names that were used for other teams. Heck if AEG gets their hands in it they could call them the LA Galaxy since they own the Galaxy and could make it to be a Sporting Club...

I thought of this thread when I was reading the following passage in a book this weekend:

"Edward had watched Bart change over the last four years from a shy child hiding behind his mothers skirts to a wild scallion free to roam the streets"

Don't know if the writer or editor should have caught that, but "St. Louis Scallions" has some interesting logo possibilities.....Scallion.jpg:P

In the TV show Sabrina the Teenage Witch, their high school mascot is the "Fighting Scallions" because of a misprint on the "Stallions" jerseys.

Don't ask how I know this.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I could see the NFL throwing money at the CFL to be able to call the Toronto Team the Argonauts, the same way they made a deal with Barcelona FC to rename the Barcelona Dragons in NFL Europe to the Barcelona FC Dragons.

LA needs something new, no use dwelling on something old. Plus with a new name people will buy new shirts and stuff and not buy clearance Rams stuff. I liked the Avengers and Extreme names that were used for other teams. Heck if AEG gets their hands in it they could call them the LA Galaxy since they own the Galaxy and could make it to be a Sporting Club...

No No A Thousand Times No.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you just did.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 1 month later...

That's a pretty crappy looking stallion.

I agree, it must have been a rejected prerequisite of the current Denver Broncos logo...

It is interesting that you bring that up. Walter Payton(who was involved with the St. Louis expansion project) complained when the Broncos came out with their new logos 14 years ago. He said that they stole the idea that he was going to use for the Stallions.

Thanks to a person who-shall-remain-nameless, I recently obtained the official colors for both the Bombers and the Stallions:

BaltimoreBombers_FRC_1995_SOL_SRGB.png

SaintLouisStallions_FRC_1995_SOL_SRGB.png

Those Bombers colors were a mess; some colors used in the uniforms, but not in the logos, and vice versa.

Thanks to a person who-shall-remain-nameless, I recently obtained the official colors for both the Bombers and the Stallions:

BaltimoreBombers_FRC_1995_SOL_SRGB.png

Those Bombers colors were a mess; some colors used in the uniforms, but not in the logos, and vice versa.

That's quite a collection of colors Baltimore was going to use. Thanks for sharing.

gYH2mW9.png

I don't think the Rams will ever move back to LA. At least, I sure hope not.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Not before 2015. After that, the only thing keeping them out of LA is if another NFC team has beaten them to it.

Anything from the days when the Rams were in LA has since gone out of style.

Not before 2015. After that, the only thing keeping them out of LA is if another NFC team has beaten them to it.

Well, it appears a stadium is still an issue.

Archived