Under-rated Jerseys

GMac

I was thinking the other day there are alot of over rated jerseys that you cant walk 10 feet without seeing clones... the Broncos in the NFL and The Stars in the NHL are 2 great examples... but there are alot of under rated looks that dont get their due...

NHL - Boston Bruins... its crisp its sharp and i havent seen anyone else with it except maybe Providence Bruins

NFL- Well till a few days ago the Bengals... now its a bit harder... id have to say red skins, its classic and the colours are identifiable with the team alone...

MLB - The expos... the team hasnt had any real changes in how many years and they still look good, get your expo merchandise while you can... then again MLB has been saying that for years.

NBA-I dunno maybe its because im not a big basketball fan but picking an NBA jersey is like picking a public toliet... i dont really want to do it unless i have too... :D edit... since I have too i do like the Nets look... even the grey one...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Topeka Scarecrows used to have a Bruins-ish jersey. BTW, that's my dogg Rod Branch.

You named your dog Rod Branch? After the goalie? And I thought I was weird for naming mine after William Shatner...

ANYHOO...here's mine-

NHL- Chicago Blackhawks. Probably the most perfect hockey jersey ever, including the Navy Whalers and the almost-navy Jets (immediately prior to moving to Phoeniz, where they buggered everything up).

MLB- Cubs. Nuff said.

NBA- I hate basketball. No opinions.

NFL- I gotta go with Cleveland and Miami here. The aqua and orange has always worked, amazing considering the time period in which they were conceived, and Cleveland....well, come on, it's Cleveland.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

OooooOO! oooo! My turn, my turn!

NFL - I have to agree with Redskins. Simple, clean, nice color. Also Texans. I really like thier navy jerseys

MLB - the cards is nice, classic, and crisp

NHL - totally under-rated is the Thrasher's third. A lightning rod of jerseys, a love-hate relationship... i think this is a great new look, and looks terriffic on the ice.

Arena Football - Chicago's blue color is so unique and cool, i reall yliek it and hardly hear anyone talk about it.

MLS - Chicago Fire has a very classic, clean, great design. Love their stuff.

And that concludes my review of all the major american sports leagues of any consequence.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The Fire had a great look, but I think Puma ruined it last year. There are so many little details they changed, and it messed up a terrific jersey. (I'm praising Nike. Shoot me now.)

You're still smokin' somethin' that makes you like that Thrash jersey, I swear. ;)

Have to agree with the Bruins jerseys, they're much-maligned, for no particularly good reason. They've been borrowed by many minor league teams, though, but I don't think that makes them less unique, necessarily. And speaking of hockey, a few that don't get the nods they deserve: Sens alt (the black one, which should become their primary look, complemented by a white version), 'Canes, Flames white. Most of the other good jerseys get their propers.

I'd still go with last year's Bengals look as a set that took a lot of flack, but was really one of the best in the league. The new ones... not so much.

The Rush jerseys are unique, for sure, but they're a great look. In a league filled with questionable choices, Chicago's gone with a sharp design. That logo could use... well, and actual logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

MLB - you all know i love the Detroit Tigers home unis. theirs along with the Cards homes are the only perfect uniforms in baseball, IMO.

NHL - Wild Thirds, Blackhawks, Boston Home, Montreal Away

NBA - Celtics, Knicks

NFL - Lions (until they added black), Houston, New England, Packers, Raiders

College - Michigan State, East Carolina, Western Michigan, Akron

Underrated jerseys? Hmmm...

NBA - the Hawks jerseys are nicely done. You don't see them much because the team is awful, but it's a classy, simple design, especially compared to their previous, garish look.

NHL - New York Islanders. I've always really liked these. A close second is the Flyers orange (with original logo, not that stylized one).

NFL - I would have said Bengals, too, before a few days ago. Now I'll go with the Vikings whites.

MLB - St. Louis Cardinals. Just a solid, awesome look.

NBA - Detroit Pistons- their new "old-school" look is about 1324324x better than those hideous teal and red things they had few years ago. their currents are as close to basketball jersey perfection you can get for me.

MLB - Chicago White Sox- especially their black 3rd jerseys. theres something that i love about black, silver and white together (ie. CHiSox, Raiders, Spurs). looks intimidating.

NFL - Cleveland Browns - just....awesome. theyre the only team that should ever use brown in their unis, and the logo-less helmets should NEVER be touched.

NHL - Colorado Avalance 3rd jerseys- i know most people dont like old school style jerseys for teams with a relatively short history (ie. avs, wild) but i simply love these burgundy 3rds. if i could get any jersey right now, it would be a #9 kariya 3rd.

NBA - Detroit Pistons - Clean, simple yet modern, and that doesn't happen a lot.

NFL - Carolina Panthers - They've got a great balance of new age and old school. Excellent in my opinion.

NHL - Mighty Ducks of Anaheim - I love the look.

MLB - Anaheim Angels - Probably my favorite unis in the MLB.

Angels.... goood choice how did i forget about them... yeah i definately liked it when they went back to the red and ditched the columbia blue (or what ever shade that was) and brought back the Halo A

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

NFL - Indianapolis Colts. Very solid, clean design. The two-color look is underused these days. The old Rams uniforms were awesome, but ever since they changed to gold, I haven't liked them as much.

NHL - I agree about the Thrashers 3rds. You either love them or hate them, but you have to respect the originality. As for a more traditional look, I really enjoy the Hurricanes jerseys, in every facet, from secondary logo, to the "flags" used as striping.

MLB - Expos! Yes, I agree, but I'm a fan. I think the Pirates have an underrated design, personally, especially their lettering.

NBA - Not a big NBA fan, but I'll give a thumbs up to the new Pistons jerseys. They bring back the glory days of the franchise, but with a bit more modern look.

NHL- Wild alts... smaller logo inside a circle is just genuis and does make it look "old School"

NBA- I hate basketball.but cleveland's are nice and I really like the maverick's silver jerseys also Minnesota has the best uni trim.....

NFL- St. louis Rams....looks modern but has a smooth feel, and I also like the Texans jerseys...

MLB- I like the Angels, Arizona, and Marlins Black jerseys.....

College- i gotta go with my team Hawaii's jerseys are the most underrated college football jerseys ever and thier basketball jerseys are awesome also..........

Also Akron, Boston College, and Tulane...

spacer.png

NBA - I agree that the Detroit Pistons have the best jerseys in the NBA, hands down. If anyone has a spare Ben Wallace authentic road uniform, size 44 -- hook me up, brother!

NFL - My beloved Chicago Bears have the best uniforms in not just the NFL, but in all of sports. Classic, simple, stylish. The colors work great together. The font is unique and immediately recognizable. (At least until the Bengals revamped their unis.) I would not touch a thing on these uniforms, altho I would outlaw the all-navy combo. **shakesheadindismay**

MLB - Detroit Tigers home uniforms are gorgeous. I have to admit I'm a fan of the Angels look, too. And I've always had a soft spot for Oakland's green-and-gold scheme.

NHL - I'm not a big hockey fan, but the Canadiens' stand out in my mind as the quintessential hockey uniforms.

NHL-Montreal, Chicago, and Philly rule them all. But, the most underrated would probably be the Colorado Avalanche. I hate the team, but those are VERY nice.

PS, the ATL third would be BEAUTIFUL if it had the Atlanta thing on both sides.

NFL-Pittsburgh. The italic numbers are great....

NBA-Don't care.

MLB-Jays alternate. It's just so.....cool.

NHL-I still love the "Mooterus" jerseys (stop laughing!), but the best are the Pittsburgh Penguins. They are just awesome.

NFL-Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins orange jersey

NBA-I'll go with the Suns' home. The white with purple on the side is be-yoo-ti-ful :lol:

MLB-Texas Rangers' homes is the sharpest, cleanest unis in baseball, IMO.

College-anything traditional (that's what college is all about, isn't it?)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

the Under/no Over:

NFL Europe ;) Rhein Fire...until around 2001 when they fudged it up.

NFL: Cardinals...basically cus they always suck. if they'd been succesful, the Card would be regarded as one of the great classic logos, and their homes as untouchable.

Arena: AZ Rattlers...there are flaws (no copper pants, shoulder numbers don't have the drop shadow like the torso numbers) but this is a great uniform IMO. probably, being an AFL team contributes to its underratedness.

NBA: Grizzlies...moot point now, but i'd liked this the first time i saw it (its original Vancouver form) and still do. gotta get it while i can :D

NHL: Flames 'horsehead' jersey...a lot of folks hate the logo, and to a lesser extent the jersey, and there's not really a reason. this is roughly what Mooterus wants to be but isn't-ties the team to what the city's famous for

MLB: Twins...what's so bad about em? okay, so the M hat sucks but i digress. pinstripes on gray can work, i've seen great examples :hockeysmiley: the Twins being one of em.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived