Logolympiad: Event #2

banner1.gif

It's Friday, and therefore time for the next event!

EVENT #2: Alt Uniform

CRITERIA: ? Design a new third jersey for any AHL team.

- You may use existing logos, or create your own.

DEADLINE: Thursday, May 6th, 5:00 P.M. EDT

As always, post your submissions in this thread. Questions are allowed, and should be posted (and will be answered) publicly.

GO!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, y'all are either going to like this one or really hate it.

At any rate, I figured I do the Chicago Wolves' alternate. I like how they based their 3rd on their major league affiliate, but in my opinion, they based it off the wrong design. The Thrashers' "wing" jersey just doesn't fit the Wolves name, so I designed a 3rd that uses other elements from the Thrashers, like the city name down the sleeve. I decided to not go with the one-arm look, since many people seem to hate that, but I still think it captures the flavor. I also designed another logo, to match the Thrashers "T" logo. This is a Wolves "W" logo that's meant to look like the wolf head from overhead, in an abstract style, much like the Thasher's "T." It also incorporates hockey sticks like the Thrasher's "T."

Anyway, enough explaining. Here's my design...

wolves_alt.jpg

Hrivnak, while I abhor the Thrashers' third jerseys (only a comment, let's not get ANOTHER thread about the Thrashers' alts going), I think these jerseys are awesome. Excellent work, obscure backup goalie from the 90s!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

This is my first crack at a jersey, so eh.

Anyway, I used the Utah Grizzlies and played off their alternate logo. The colors aren't really the colors of the team, they're darker than what they originally are (I believe they're copper and forest green).

I don't like it. I think it's too dark, but meh. Also for the back font I made it look bearish. :D

On edit I added mountains on the front of the jersey. I also made the red lighter! I like this one better.

grizzlies.gif

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

I picked the Springfield Falcons. Pretty cool logo, nice colours, what the hey.

At first, I thought they were affiliated with the Phoenix Coyotes. But as soon as I'm finished, I find out that Utah has just signed a contract to be Phoenix's affiliate for the 2004-05 season :cursing: Oh well...please overlook this.

And as for the jersey's design:

Hopefully you all enjoy my blue coyote. The teams seems to be sponsored by a restaurant named 'Friendly's'(? :blink: ? Never heard of it...). Although the team doesn't follow the Coyotes' jersey template, I decided too. Also, they have a black road, so I went with a blue alt, obviously:

logolympiad-02-spr-falcons-alt.gif

Feedback/critique is always welcome!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

No use waitin' until the last minute...ppirates2.jpg:unsure:

Sweet pirate logo! Did you create that yourself?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It would be an understatement to say I'm confident in this entry...

brisoundtigersalt.gif

I used different elements from certain NHL teams that would tie in with the whole "theme" of this jersey. I think this is one of the best hockey jerseys I've ever done (I guess you should save your best for the Olympics, huh?:P).

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

very cool Vic

I was only calling my entry because the LockMonsters are literally my neighbors. My apartment building shares a parking lot with some of the players' lot of the arena. I suppose there could be multiple entries for one team, but there are 28 teams. If we have more than 28 entries this will be inevitable.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Sorry..Hartford....memories....can't control.....

Well here it is.: I tried to mix a little Whalermania into it. Actually I like this color combo for the Wolfpack fans. I even brought a copy of this to a game and asked some people if they liked it. About 78% said yea. I did make it a while ago, but here:

***LINK***: http://www.geocities.com/brassbonanza497/wolfpack2.GIF

Comments?, Suggestions?, Thoughts?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived