Logolympiad: Event #2

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lettering and numbers don't really look retro to me, paynomind... if you want to rock it old school, you need to do standard athletic block numbers with no (or one color) outline.

The colors are interesting though, and in a good way.

I think the crest is too big and the numbers are too fat, but other than that I like it.

I like 'em round... and big.

And when i'm throwin a gig I just can't help myself I'm actin like an animal.

Now, here's my scandal.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

After hours of deciding on which team. Here are you CLEVELAND BARONS!

logoylmpics.gif

For those who don't follow the AHL, contrary to popular belief, the Barons home jersey is black with teal.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

"Joel, those jerseys should be rated ARRRRRRRRR."

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that joke...well, I'd own an internet company.:wacko:

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Thanks for picking a Mass. native, Puckguy! :D How did you get that jersey like texture???

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Time for Member #783 to put his entry into this wonderful contest. I did mine on the Worchester Ice Cats... I know I've got little or no chance of winning this time, but I think it's pretty nice work...

IceCatsAway_JPEG.jpg

Thanks for picking a Mass. native, Puckguy! :D How did you get that jersey like texture???

RC created it. I'm also looking for a blank NHL 2003 or even better NHL 2004 template. Please send to me, if you have it!

As for Niko, the one guy I tried to think of that's been with the Barons, but now with the Sharks.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Ok, I'm not letting event #2 pass me by. I've chosen the Utah Grizzlies.

According to their website, they've signed a new affiliation agreement with the Phoenix Coyotes. The Grizzlies' release says that they will be changing their colours and jerseys to be the same jerseys the Coyotes use, but at the press release, the recoloured Grizzlies wordmark also seems to incorporate the green from the current logo into the Coyotes' schmeme.

Since I didn't have a good version of the Grizzlies' logo (I wanted to isolate just the head), I decided to use a piece of a Grizzlies logo I'd already created myself (some of you may recognize it) and recolour it. I don't have the Coyotes' proper font, but I didn't concern myself with that. Another liberty I took was to create a state-outline shoulder patch, a la the PHX patch on the Coyotes jerseys.

So, here you go, a Utah Grizzlies alt:

Front:

02%20-%20Utah%20Grizzlies%20alt%20-%20jersey%20front2b.png

Back:

02%20-%20Utah%20Grizzlies%20alt%20-%20jersey%20back.png

Shoulder patch:

02%20-%20Utah%20Grizzlies%20alt%20-%20shoulder%20patch.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like it Mockba. Though, I kind of agree with quad.. the bottom half of his face looks a little.. i dunno.. melted? I'm not seeing the neck-chin definition.

But, the color treatment works really well with that logo, and your secondary patch is killer.

I like it, Mockba.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, I tweaked the crest a little, decided to give it even more Coyote treatment, including the jagged neckline. Not sure if it's better, but it does give kindof a funky bear/coyote hybrid feel.

POTD 2013-08-22

Well, I tweaked the crest a little, decided to give it even more Coyote treatment, including the jagged neckline. Not sure if it's better, but it does give kindof a funky bear/coyote hybrid feel.

looks good, the only thing that bothers me is it's mouth...maybe try to add 'lips' and make the teeth white.....other than that, totally solid!

...maybe try to add 'lips' and make the teeth white.....

I thought about making the teeth white, but I decided to keep it the same (crappy) way the Coyotes did the teeth on theirs.

POTD 2013-08-22

...maybe try to add 'lips' and make the teeth white.....

I thought about making the teeth white, but I decided to keep it the same (crappy) way the Coyotes did the teeth on theirs.

then it makes sense.

nice job, pitt. I like your choice of fonts much better than what Norfolk uses now.

Peignot should never be used for hockey. Or any sport for that matter. Except 70s retro Mary Tyler Moore jerseys.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

nice job, pitt. I like your choice of fonts much better than what Norfolk uses now.

Peignot should never be used for hockey. Or any sport for that matter. Except 70s retro Mary Tyler Moore jerseys.

Yeah, that font drives me nuts, too... Makes me long for the ECHL days with the Cowboys block style on the nameplates.

Now I've got this picture in my head of the Ads all skating out to center ice, twirling, and throwing their helmets up in the air while "You're Going to Make It After All" plays over the PA...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Archived