2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZOMG WE HAVE A LOGO NO OTHER NIKE SCHOOL HAS THE NIKE LOGO ON THEIR UNIFORM HOW UNUSUAL!

Yeah, there's a huge difference there. You don't see us wearing black and "carbon." Nike may design our uniforms, but we're not the same as Oregon and we never will be. I guarantee that you will never see Arizona wearing anything other than cardinal, navy and white. We're not a Nike experiment. All we get is the stuff that any other normal Nike school gets. Hell, we got the Hyper Elites late compared to a lot of other schools.

So let me get this straight - Arizona's in the clear because they just wear the uniforms Nike gives them, but Oregon is "owned by Nike" because they just wear the uniforms Nike gives them?

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. :rolleyes:

When has Kevin ever made sense? He is UofA's willmorris.

ZOMG WE HAVE A LOGO NO OTHER NIKE SCHOOL HAS THE NIKE LOGO ON THEIR UNIFORM HOW UNUSUAL!

Yeah, there's a huge difference there. You don't see us wearing black and "carbon." Nike may design our uniforms, but we're not the same as Oregon and we never will be. I guarantee that you will never see Arizona wearing anything other than cardinal, navy and white. We're not a Nike experiment. All we get is the stuff that any other normal Nike school gets. Hell, we got the Hyper Elites late compared to a lot of other schools.

So let me get this straight - Arizona's in the clear because they just wear the uniforms Nike gives them, but Oregon is "owned by Nike" because they just wear the uniforms Nike gives them?

Arizona's uniforms are not out of the ordinary. Oregon gets used as Nike's drawing board. That's the difference.

I'm just not going to bother continuing this argument. I'm done.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's too far. I'm not that crazy. You don't see me making excuses for the times that Arizona's gotten slapped with NCAA infractions.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's too far. I'm not that crazy. You don't see me making excuses for the times that Arizona's gotten slapped with NCAA infractions.

I didn't go too far. You are the thunder to his lightning.

For the last time, uniforms do not help "tremendously with recruiting." You yourself said that recruits, even if they love the Nike stuff, will opt for other schools because of the prestige or opportunities those other programs offer. No one serious about their future playing football will base their final decision on the uniforms.

C'mon, man. Surely you're more intelligent than that post makes it seem. Not sure how many ways to say it. Of course recruits don't make their final decision based on uniforms. But uniforms absolutely get recruits to look at schools they otherwise wouldn't have (like Oregon and TCU) and then they take a visit and who knows what will happen from there.

You're the one who said the Nike uniforms help "tremendously" with recruiting. The role uniforms play in the recruitment process isn't "tremendous." Pick your words more closely next time chief.

As for uniforms helping schools get noticed, I disagree. Winning gets you noticed. TCU's Nike uniforms aren't the secret to their success. Nike's mix and match duck winged clown suits, some combos devoid of school colours, aren't the reason Oregon played in their first National Championship game. Winning gets programs noticed. Not the uniforms.

And BTW, way to change the subject from the point of my post. Just bc you don't like the uniforms doesn't mean nike is "pushing them on" Oregon. Oregon loves them because recruits love them. Period.

Sorry. It's just when you said something so obviously inane like uniforms help "tremendously" in recruitment it commands my full attention. On to your main point.

Winning, not uniforms, get you noticed. Winning, not uniforms, get you recruits. Know what else helps? World class facilities. If Phil Knight just wanted to see Oregon's athletic program succeed he could pay for better facilities. He could help pay for top tier coaching staffs and athletic directors.

He could do all the things needed to get Oregon up to the level they need to be at to compete for a national title, and thus get recruits, without the clown suit uniforms. Yet he pushes the clown suite uniforms, turning Oregon football into walking, football playing guinea pigs/advertisements.

So seeing as winning, prestige (which a program gets from winning), and facilities ultimately get you recruits why the Nike clown suits?

I'll say this, the duck wing design is easily the best look Oregon's had since they started as Nike's guinea pigs. The problem is that there's to many combos, and to many of those combos are devoid of school colours. Limit the options to that each combo features green and gold and you have a futuristic yet pleasing look.

No more carbon. No more black. No more highlighter yellow.

Arizona's uniforms are not out of the ordinary. Oregon gets used as Nike's drawing board. That's the difference.

I'm just not going to bother continuing this argument. I'm done.

Tapering stripes seems out of the ordinary to me

I said I'm not going to continue the argument. For the record, though...

I'll say this, the duck wing design is easily the best look Oregon's had since they started as Nike's guinea pigs. The problem is that there's to many combos, and to many of those combos are devoid of school colours. Limit the options to that each combo features green and gold and you have a futuristic yet pleasing look.

That's what I've been saying. I don't mind Oregon's uniforms too much, but if they got rid of the black and silver (they can leave the silver wings, though, because that's just trim and it looks fine) and only had green, yellow and white, I wouldn't mind at all. I think the wings are a great and appropriate design feature. However, Oregon's BFBS is even more aggravating than other cases because it's one of their rival's colors. Would it be ok for USC to walk onto the field wearing powder blue and gold? How about Ohio State wearing maize and blue?

Those in favor of banning any talk regarding Oregon/Arizona/Nike whoring in this thread raise your hand. *Raises hand.* This is getting ridiculous.

motion seconded

Motion thirded and I want add the amendment to this motion. Ban anyone for a month who starts or join in this Arizona-Oregon uniform drivel. It's just "My school is better than your school" crap.

Those in favor of banning any talk regarding Oregon/Arizona/Nike whoring in this thread raise your hand. *Raises hand.* This is getting ridiculous.

motion seconded

Motion thirded and I want add the amendment to this motion. Ban anyone for a month who starts or join in this Arizona-Oregon uniform drivel. It's just "My school is better than your school" crap.

I'll agree to this and stay out of it from here on out.

For the last time, uniforms do not help "tremendously with recruiting." You yourself said that recruits, even if they love the Nike stuff, will opt for other schools because of the prestige or opportunities those other programs offer. No one serious about their future playing football will base their final decision on the uniforms.

C'mon, man. Surely you're more intelligent than that post makes it seem. Not sure how many ways to say it. Of course recruits don't make their final decision based on uniforms. But uniforms absolutely get recruits to look at schools they otherwise wouldn't have (like Oregon and TCU) and then they take a visit and who knows what will happen from there.

You're the one who said the Nike uniforms help "tremendously" with recruiting. The role uniforms play in the recruitment process isn't "tremendous." Pick your words more closely next time chief.

As for uniforms helping schools get noticed, I disagree. Winning gets you noticed. TCU's Nike uniforms aren't the secret to their success. Nike's mix and match duck winged clown suits, some combos devoid of school colours, aren't the reason Oregon played in their first National Championship game. Winning gets programs noticed. Not the uniforms.

And BTW, way to change the subject from the point of my post. Just bc you don't like the uniforms doesn't mean nike is "pushing them on" Oregon. Oregon loves them because recruits love them. Period.

Sorry. It's just when you said something so obviously inane like uniforms help "tremendously" in recruitment it commands my full attention. On to your main point.

Winning, not uniforms, get you noticed. Winning, not uniforms, get you recruits. Know what else helps? World class facilities. If Phil Knight just wanted to see Oregon's athletic program succeed he could pay for better facilities. He could help pay for top tier coaching staffs and athletic directors.

He could do all the things needed to get Oregon up to the level they need to be at to compete for a national title, and thus get recruits, without the clown suit uniforms. Yet he pushes the clown suite uniforms, turning Oregon football into walking, football playing guinea pigs/advertisements.

So seeing as winning, prestige (which a program gets from winning), and facilities ultimately get you recruits why the Nike clown suits?

Winner winner chicken dinner. Seriously...Ice nailed it.

I can't wait for May or June so we can talk about something else in this thread. :censored: !

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

motion seconded

That's like the fourth time you said this on this page alone. Go. Away.

Back to uniform discussion, good gawd those Arkansas State uni's are awful. They can't think piping in the groin area was a good idea, right? Somebody? C'MON!

I didn't go too far. You are the thunder to his lightning.

Nice. :D

As does school names on the back of the jersey:

101.JPG

----

Oh, and to all the people asking for the argument to stop: why? This has some big entertainment potential because of the Kevin W. Insanity factor. And it's not like there's anything else to talk about right now besides some pretty boring Arkansas State uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

motion seconded

That's like the fourth time you said this on this page alone. Go. Away.

Back to uniform discussion, good gawd those Arkansas State uni's are awful. They can't think piping in the groin area was a good idea, right? Somebody? C'MON!

Well, it's kind of a gray color rather than black, so I'm hoping as hard as I can that it's just normal-ish seams mad for the design sheets. That way, the uniforms will still be ugly, but not hilariously so.

Hey, you don't hear me complaining about getting rid of those uniforms. Our new ones are much much better. We moved in the right direction by simplifying them.

On a much less contentious note, when did Penn State start wearing the modern Nike uniforms, by which I mean the ones that were worn up until the end of this past season? I need to know so I can upload the past image to Wikipedia with the right file name.

I am an attorney so I am paid to use the right words. The uniforms help tremendously in recruiting. You can't sign that 4 star kid if he doesn't even care about your program enough to come take look. If the uniforms give him enough of a reason to come visit(and trust me, they do), then you can show off the other stuff you wouldn't have had a chance to otherwise. You (incorrectly) assume that just because a school like Oregon or TCU has top tier facilities, recruits would come and visit.

The rest of your post is the same BS you spouted earlier. We don't disagree; you are just trying to have an argument while only using about 4-5 brain cells. Even worse, you are pretending I think stuff you are too smart to think I actually think.

I played college football. I work with CFB recruits on a daily basis. I work with equipment staff. I work with recruiters and coaches. What is it that you do that would give you a better idea of the role uniforms play in recruitment than me?

Archived