2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

If they want to win a championship then you MUST be wearing a traditional uniform.

john_stewart_facepalm.jpg

I would've just posted this & been done with it.

2491_1227canes.orig-max-640x640.jpg

Of all the BCS winners, they're the exception to the rule.

LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Texas, FSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC, as opposed to just Miami. Yeah.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long does a team have to wear a color before it's considered a team color?

It's not a team color unless the university says it is. Length of time doesn't mean :censored:.

What if a school has no official colors? (There's got to be one out there) Then could they use any and every color?*

*Just playing devils advocate here. I don't like the use of all the random Nike colors that Oregon uses, but I do like their uniforms when green and yellow are used. The constant change of colors really dilutes the aesthetics of their whole identity.

gbaCXZn.png

If they want to win a championship then you MUST be wearing a traditional uniform.

I wish those would become "traditional"... meaning I wish Miami would have just stuck with these for the rest of their existence. Those uniforms were sexy mmm mmmmmmm. I had a sweet green #11 Ken Dorsey jersey. I don't even like Miami but those uniforms were great.

90758391980.gif

It's not a team color unless the university says it is. Length of time doesn't mean :censored:.

What if a school has no official colors? (There's got to be one out there) Then could they use any and every color?*

*Just playing devils advocate here. I don't like the use of all the random Nike colors that Oregon uses, but I do like their uniforms when green and yellow are used. The constant change of colors really dilutes the aesthetics of their whole identity.

well Rutgers only school color is Scarlet. but that"s as close to an example I can get

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't mind the design of Oregon's uniforms. It's the colors that I have issue with. If they discarded the black and restricted the silver to just trim, they'd have some of the best uniforms in the nation.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I wish those would become "traditional"... meaning I wish Miami would have just stuck with these for the rest of their existence. Those uniforms were sexy mmm mmmmmmm. I had a sweet green #11 Ken Dorsey jersey. I don't even like Miami but those uniforms were great.

Nevada agrees...and a couple of years ago, I believe New Mexico did, too (unless they still do...some red-and-silver team out west used to have these, too). Either way, I also agree that those particular uniforms were pretty daggone snazzy...I too kinda wish Miami would've stuck with them. The design worked so well with the Hurricanes' custom Handel-based font there...or maybe it was the other way around.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nevada agrees...and a couple of years ago, I believe New Mexico did, too (unless they still do...some red-and-silver team out west used to have these, too). Either way, I also agree that those particular uniforms were pretty daggone snazzy...I too kinda wish Miami would've stuck with them. The design worked so well with the Hurricanes' custom Handel-based font there...or maybe it was the other way around.

ugly.jpg

LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Texas, FSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC, as opposed to just Miami. Yeah.

That's only because the cartel won't give TCU, Utah or Boise the chance.

That's true, but the fact of the matter is, Andre Johnson is sitting there kissing the crystal ball in some of the most non-traditional unis to grace college football, so it did happen. So yeah, having a traditional uniform is obviously not a "MUST" if that happened. The only way it'd be a must is if Miami didn't win it. So that makes the above statement a pretty big generalization.

And another note: 10 of those 11 schools are Nike schools. ALL NIKE DOES IS PRODUCE CRAP, THEY ARE RUINING COLLEGE FOOTBALL AND TAKING THE HEART & SOUL OUT OF THE UNIFORMS. :P

Agreed. Miami from 2000 has looked pretty sharp, & it's mainly the numbers that I love. Their current uniforms are the best, but the ones from that championship season were pretty solid as well.

It's just too bad that their uniform templates were just littered all over college football. Seeing Appalachian State in the Miami template during their upset of Michigan was just weird.

And another note: 10 of those 11 schools are Nike schools. ALL NIKE DOES IS PRODUCE CRAP, THEY ARE RUINING COLLEGE FOOTBALL AND TAKING THE HEART & SOUL OUT OF THE UNIFORMS. :P

9 of 11, not 10. Auburn is Under Armour (and was Russell in 2004 when they were undefeated) and Tennessee is and was adidas.

9 of 11, not 10. Auburn is Under Armour (and was Russell in 2004 when they were undefeated) and Tennessee is and was adidas.

Ah crap, I forgot about Auburn, but already knew about Tennessee. Thanks for the correction, though!

Darn, beat me to it!

gYH2mW9.png

Not that anyone probably cares, but look for Wyoming to break out the White/Gold/White look this year. I think it looked fantastic in the Spring Game. I was hoping they would wear it last year. They are promoting the gold jerseys pretty heavily too. Here's the spring game advertisement.

Here's what the spring game looked like (Click for full)

3962028.jpg?353

I wouldn't mind it full time with the White/Brown/White as an alt. (NCAA 12 cover with gold jersey)

Some side notes.

Here is something I found posted from an Arkansas fan about his own creation!. I've seen digital camo helemts but never hunting camo ones haha.

And 2 real life mockups of the purple skin TCU helmets that I thought were interesting. Here's one, and heres the other. I'm kind of glad the actual helmet doesn't have the red stripes.

Not that anyone probably cares, but look for Wyoming to break out the White/Gold/White look this year. I think it looked fantastic in the Spring Game. I was hoping they would wear it last year. They are promoting the gold jerseys pretty heavily too. Here's the spring game advertisement.

Here's what the spring game looked like (Click for full)

3962028.jpg?353

I wouldn't mind it full time with the White/Brown/White as an alt. (NCAA 12 cover with gold jersey)

Some side notes.

Here is something I found posted from an Arkansas fan. I've seen digital camo helemts but never hunting camo ones haha.

And 2 real life mockups of the purple skin TCU helmets that I thought were interesting. Here's one, and heres the other. I'm kind of glad the actual helmet doesn't have the red stripes.

Thanks for the input. That arky helmet looks like a bowling ball to me.

camohog.jpg

CONTENT.jpg

Honestly, this discussion is pretty dumb imo. Who cares if they use black and white and silver or whatever on their jerseys. ITS A NEUTRAL COLOR. As far as I'm concerned, any and every team can use those colors on their jerseys if they want. It doesnt have to be an "official" color.

and whoever said you have to have a "traditional" jersey to win a championship....SMH

just saying

well Rutgers only school color is Scarlet. but that"s as close to an example I can get

Technically Syracuse's only official color is Orange, but navy blue is an athletic official color or something to that extent.

Oh, and as for Rutgers with the black posted a while back: The alt's a bit unnecessary, but they've used black for a loooooong time now as a secondary color. They're kinda in the right for a BFBS alt, but the execution just isn't there

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Honestly, this discussion is pretty dumb imo. Who cares if they use black and white and silver or whatever on their jerseys. ITS A NEUTRAL COLOR. As far as I'm concerned, any and every team can use those colors on their jerseys if they want. It doesnt have to be an "official" color.

and whoever said you have to have a "traditional" jersey to win a championship....SMH

just saying

I agree 100%. It's not like Nike is adding orange to Oregon just for the hell of it. Neutral colors can work with just about any color scheme. Ever realize that EVERY MLB team has grey away uniforms? Do they all have grey as a primary color? didn't think so! Now some of you are flipping out about Oregon using the bright green/yellow. Okay like I said before, you want them to use school colors? Green and yellow both are, so that bright color is a cool combination of both

You're being sarcastic.

...right?

Why would a style of uniform have any effect on the outcome of a game?

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Archived