Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL): RGB-Optimized Graphics

TruColor

No. The word Lightning as a stand alone is not included in any official guides...

It is used on wallpapers on the team's website, though. In a full horizontal "Tampa Bay Lightning" script

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you happen to have the Paintbrush number font?

It's called "Reporter". There may be a freeware version of it floating out in cyberspace somewhere.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I thought the goal was to get it as accurate as possible.

<_< Adding them now...

Big props to ColorWerx once again, thanks!

Haha sorry. No disrespect intended. Love this site and just want it to be as awesome as possible. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Bumpin' with the new logos:

Primary Logo (2011-2012 through present):

TampaBayLightning_PML1_2012-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Primary Logo 2 (2011-2012 through present):

TampaBayLightning_PML2_2012-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Secondary Logo (2011-2012 through present):

TampaBayLightning_SEL1_2012-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Secondary Logo 2 (2011-2012 through present):

TampaBayLightning_SEL2_2012-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Alternate Logo (2011-2012 through present):

TampaBayLightning_ALT1_2012-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Oh, and I should mention that I do have official confirmation that these logos use Toronto Maple Leafs Blue.

It's the same exact color/colour.

0121111737.jpg

I would pay a LOT of money for a Lightning jersey with THAT as the crest.

Why that is not the current primary, I'll never know.

I agree.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Ugh. I hate that one - the lines are unbalanced.

The new one is superior in every way.

What lines? The 'old' logo is much more interesting than the new one. It has more depth to it and feels richer.

Good color, too.

Amazing to me how much this beautiful logo is harmed by the addition of a lousy wordmark on the road jerseys.

Agreed. If they were so intent on creating a timeless mark that insantly says "Tampa Bay Lightning" I don't know why they thought it was necessary.

Good color, too.

Amazing to me how much this beautiful logo is harmed by the addition of a lousy wordmark on the road jerseys.

Agreed. If they were so intent on creating a timeless mark that insantly says "Tampa Bay Lightning" I don't know why they thought it was necessary.

Well obviously they'll probably remove the wordmark after a few seasons when they think the logo has made its mark.

Good color, too.

Well obviously they'll probably remove the wordmark after a few seasons when they think the logo has made its mark.

And when they're no longer playing in Tampa Bay... what? :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived