A random thought

dwertman

But is it an indictment for the non-recognition of hockey as a national sport here when I am driving to school yesterday and the ESPN Radio Sportscenter announcer discusses the 7-0 beating the New York Rangers laid on the Toronto Blue Jays the night before?

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Perhaps he had a couple Canadian beers before the cameras started rolling?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

At first I said "Whats wrong with them talking about the game? How is that bad?" Then I re-read it. Yeah....

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yeah this is a joke, I've actually been watching a lot more hockey since joining the boards awhile back. And I actually like it, the media plays it off to be like a joke of a sport when its pretty cool, its just so misrepresented.

I think it's more of an American thing than anything else.

"What!? It's not an "American" sport!? Therefore it sucks!!!"

Which is, despite being American, a big reason why I loved seeing Canada beat the United States in the Olympics last year.

The Jays would never let the (NY) Rangers beat them that badly, at either sport. They might be bad, but they're not that bad. The Leafs, on the other hand...

But is it an indictment for the non-recognition of hockey as a national sport here when I am driving to school yesterday and the ESPN Radio Sportscenter announcer discusses the 7-0 beating the New York Rangers laid on the Toronto Blue Jays the night before?

No. Just a simple human error. Nothing more to it. Happens all the time.

The guy that's doing the score updates and news is also doing other tasks for the live radio show....

Yeah, I think it depends on the context. Was it one of those top-of-the-hour or "20/20" sports updates? They usually read those pretty quickly, and I've heard them make mistakes plenty of times. It probably was more of a human error than a "I don't know anything about hockey" error.

It's not as bad as the Jew York Jets though.

JEW-YORK-JETS.jpg

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived