Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

buffalobills.com

About the helmet stripes and numbers.

"With respect to the Bills helmet aside from returning to a white helmet for the first time since 1983, the biggest alteration is with the striping down the middle. It is much wider than it has been in the past and much like the jersey numbers the red and blue stripes are bordered by a thin navy blue stripe on each side. The striping also widens as it travels from the front to the back of the helmet to mimic the speed streak on the Bills logo which also widens as it moves from the head to the tail of the charging buffalo."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody else think it'd be cool if they had the logo on the right side of their helmet, and jersey number on the left side? I think that'd be boss nasty fo-sheezy

No.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

All right, relax. The high school i coach does it, and I've been curious as to what it'd look like in the NFL. I think it looks pretty nice, kinda like Alabama meets the Steelers. Could be me being biased though.

All right, relax. The high school i coach does it, and I've been curious as to what it'd look like in the NFL. I think it looks pretty nice, kinda like Alabama meets the Steelers. Could be me being biased though.

It'd look terrible. Ya digg?

Imitations of Steelers and Bama would just be all bad

Go A's!

Quick upload for those who havent seen em

2011-06-24192054.jpg

Why are there Colts in uniform at the Bills' unveiling? :wacko:

As someone else said, the old unis were the definition of awful yet I find myself underwhelmed with these.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Horrible. Simply horrible.

They took 18 months to come up with a grey (in my view ugly) facemask, two thin stripes and the old logo? What is this, 1973?

Needs:

Blue facemask

Wider stripes

Wrap-around charging buffalo (similar to the wrap-around Seahawks jersey of the 80's)

blue pants

Jeeze, how about some innovation for once?

They took 18 months to come up with a grey (in my view ugly) facemask, two thin stripes and the old logo? What is this, 1973?

Needs:

Blue facemask

Wider stripes

Wrap-around charging buffalo (similar to the wrap-around Seahawks jersey of the 80's)

blue pants

newuniform-group-story.jpg

HAHA! You Bills fans wanted something besides what the team had and now you got these UGLY uniforms. I think it is priceless because all you guys did was complain about the old uniforms which are WAY better looking than this AFL look.

spacer.png

Needs:

Blue facemask

Wider stripes

blue pants

newuniform-group-story.jpg

HAHA! You Bills fans wanted something besides what the team had and now you got these UGLY uniforms. I think it is priceless because all you guys did was complain about the old uniforms which are WAY better looking than this AFL look.

You've got to be kidding

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The University of Miami-Ohio did that in the 2011 GoDaddy.com bowl (formerly the GMAC Bowl) and it looked silly. :wacko:

5331952692_44e9b3fa1c.jpg

These aren't terrible but the only reason they're getting positive reviews is what they're replacing. Why the jersey striping doesn't match the helmet and pants striping is beyond me.

This new set is so close to being great but it doesn't make it.

Still an upgrade, though.

Needs:

Blue facemask

Wider stripes

blue pants

They do!! The new uniform kit has blue pants. Whether or not they wear them is another story, but they exist.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I like these just fine, as long as that thick navy stripe doesn't appear on the game jerseys. Feel sorry for anyone buying a replica. Otherwise, a nice modernization of the throwbacks.

The sleeve stripe issue is league-wide. Either they need to make full sleeves mandatory (they police everything else) or the Nike overhaul should do away with them or move them to the undersleeves.

Archived