MLB Teams in Cream

Bouj

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice, thanks. I'll add that to my next Brewers concept - if any town could pull it off, it's the Cream City.

My suggestion was gonna be the Brewers for this reason... how'd I know you were gonna beat me to it? :P

Heck, I beat you to it years ago - here's a concept I worked up in May of 2009, although I should update it now with the official cream color, mine's way too light.

I prefer the Phillies' throwback look, mostly because I don't like red pinstripes.

Part of that's the reason I prefer the alternates, but more-so because of the giant white outline on the Phillies regular duds that make them look more like patches, compared to scripts.

Fair enough on that point, but since the outline is white, the only place where you can really tell that there is an outline is where it meets a pinstripe. Other than that, the wordmark, name and NOB don't look like they have outlines, whereas on the alternate, everything is illegible (except for MAYBE the wordmark) because of the blue outline which appears from a distance.

All I'll say is that for YEARS I had hoped the Mets would pair their pinstripes with cream.

Then they did it last year and I changed my mind. I prefer the white.

Teams it'd work with:

Giants

Twins

Rockies (cream and a tad-lighter purple = fantastic)

Orioles

Brewers

Nationals (if they got an identity that works)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I prefer the Phillies' throwback look, mostly because I don't like red pinstripes.

Part of that's the reason I prefer the alternates, but more-so because of the giant white outline on the Phillies regular duds that make them look more like patches, compared to scripts.

Yeah the "patch" effect sucks. It got a lot worse once Majestic took over for Russell. It sucks because their chain stitching is so nice, until you realize that it's just stitched onto the patch, and not the jersey.

They'd look a lot better IMO if they did like the dodgers and got rid of the white all together - straight red and blue against the gray, and only a white hairline outline around the red on the home (may be OK sans outline.).

Fair enough on that point, but since the outline is white, the only place where you can really tell that there is an outline is where it meets a pinstripe. Other than that, the wordmark, name and NOB don't look like they have outlines, whereas on the alternate, everything is illegible (except for MAYBE the wordmark) because of the blue outline which appears from a distance.

Yes. The cartoonish font is made so much worse with the thick blue outline. Many numbers are borderline illegible, and NOBs look silly for some names.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a Phillies fan I prefer the "cream" uniform over the traditional set.

Yeah the cream is superior. They remind me of TBS cause the phillies seem to play every TBS home game with these on.

This would be because the Phillies have a strict rule for wearing the cream alternates. Day home games mean blue hats and cream uniforms. Night home games mean red hats and white uniforms with red pinstripes. TBS regular season games are all day games.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

All I'll say is that for YEARS I had hoped the Mets would pair their pinstripes with cream.

Then they did it last year and I changed my mind. I prefer the white.

I think it would look a lot better if they got rid of the awful black drop-shadow.

It would...but I still think it looks too "dirty". Maybe a tad-lighter cream to replace the snow whites would work, but not with the pinstripes.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived