Chad Ochocinco

raysox

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the guy, he has a love for soccer and hopefully he has the skills to go with the passion for the sport, cause it would be awfully interesting with him in the league.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

No way he makes it, but it oughta be good for a few laughs once the video comes out & selfcross-promotion.

Master P 2.0??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would laugh my ass off if it turned out that he was actually good at playing the game. God knows he won't make the same kind of money in the MLS as he will in the NFL but it'd be hilarious to see him playing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Heard it earlier and think it'd be awesome. I wonder if they'll actually keep him after the trial, but...it'd be neat if he managed to get into an actual game before deciding to "retire" from the sport. I doubt he'd want to do it for a whole season, much less in Kansas City, but...no downside to this for either side.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I remember a ton of chat a while ago about how Allen Iverson could be the greatest soccer player of all time. Does anyone else remember that?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm pretty damn well certain Landon Donovan still plays in the league. And in your area, no less.

Or are you trying to insinuate something? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

No way he makes it, but it oughta be good for a few laughs once the video comes out & selfcross-promotion.

Master P 2.0??

Holy crap, I almost forgot about him seriously trying out for the Hornets. Not even on some "let me just put my name out here & get a free jersey with "MASTER P" on the back." He was legitimately trying to make the team. That was great, Master P was everydamnwhere back then.

For what it's worth, Flame, he also tried out for the Raptors. Even managed to drop it into one of his singles ("can I really hoop fool/ask Vince Carter", from the single "Step To Dis"). But yeah, Percy Miller sure was one omnipotent sumbeesh back then, wasn't he?

During the Rugby Sevens tournament, the announcers mentioned that one of the US players was an out-of-work NFLer who saw a sevens game on TV and told his agent to get him on the team. This work stoppage could be a great thing for some of the sports/leagues that aren't quite as mainstream since a lot of these guys' talents could be applied in other ways.

As far as Ocho... if he has a genuine love for futbol, then good on him! But even if this is just about publicity, it'll still give MLS a well-needed shot in the arm.

Master P actually played in the CBA too. But the difference here is, Chad is already a professional athlete. This isn't Garth Brooks with the Padres and Mets in Spring Training. He actually appreciates the sport and says he works out with it during the off-season. Probably similar to guys like Tony Gonzalez wanting to play in the NBA during the off-season but not being able to. But unlike them, Chad didn't play soccer because of the season. Meh. If MJ can play baseball and improve over a season, Ochocinco probably isn't far off here. If he did it until the lockout ended and the team let him, it'd be a boon to their otherwise forgettable club.

Here's an interview from 2007 with Ochocinco talking about his love of soccer. This isn't a new thing.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=420353&root=us&cc=5901

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Publicity stunt...I'm sure he's passionate about it and would take it seriously, but kicking a PAT is nothing like dribbling through defenders and putting one past the keeper.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived