Anahiem Basketball

33hooligan

Diablos1.jpg

I am excited about my county getting a new Basketball team here in the O.C. I have made a concept that I would like to see them use. I think if they come they will use the original team name from there time in Rochester, the Royals. I know the Maloof's are hip guys with interests in, gambling, skateboarding and hotels so, I think they should use something more updated that speaks to the people from this area. Being that we have a heavy hispanic culture and the fact that the Angels are across town from here is what gave me the idea for the Diablo's.

For one, it's "ANAHEIM." Not "ANAHIEM," as you have it. Second, being that Diablos is plural, the pronoun should be "LOS," not "EL."

Grammar and spelling aside ... the wordmark is nice, but I would be concerned at how such fine details like the spikes in the wordmark would reproduce, especially embroidered at small sizes.

For the logo itself, I'm not sure what exactly it's supposed to be. In some ways, it looks like a humanoid face, as the devil has been depicted many times. Yet, in other ways, it looks more bovine or goat-like -- again, another occasional depiction -- especially in the eyes, the nostrils and the tufts of hair or ears or whatever those are supposed to be. Figure out which of these you want it to be, and go whole hog in that direction.

Also, the crown floating above the head does nothing for me. I would either attach it or get rid of it altogether.

I'm not loving the name Diablos. It just doesn't seem like a NBA quality name, but more like a D-League type name.

And FYI, it's Anaheim. E before I.

+1

And it's all but confirmed that when and if they move, the name is going to be Royals. But I really like your design so I'd love to see what you could do for the Anaheim Royals

I would thicken up the lines on the wordmark basketball, either thicken up or solidify the shading on the wordmark and work with the logo from the front to help avoid dealing with perspective which can be very tricky, particularly with features such as horns. With a bit of tweaking it could breathe more life into your design.

I'm not loving the name Diablos. It just doesn't seem like a NBA quality name, but more like a D-League type name.

And FYI, it's Anaheim. E before I.

Well :censored: nba quality names

If Padre (Spanish for Father) is mlb quality then Diablo (spanish for Devil) is nba quality, got it ese?

I agree on the E before I part, other than that, Β‘Me encanta!

as MC2 said, I made a logo of the same name recently on here, so I guess we both like that name. I dont find the name D-League-ish. I mean lots of current names seem unprofessional sounding when you really think of it, but that feeling goes away with years of familiarity (Jazz, Heat, etc...).

Onto the logo, it looks as if the basketball face is holding in a sneeze or about to puke or something. He doesnt look angry. I dont understand the ears either. they look like leaves. and as others have said, the thin red spikes in the wordmark are too small and from far they just look like gradients. They would be impossible to embroider. the lines on the basketball are thinner than the other black lines in the logo and on the word. They should be the same or at least close to the same thickness. the flaming crown seems out of place too. it could work as a separate secondary logo on its own though.

Diablos2.jpg

I made some suggested changes and added some sample looks. The mascot is a cross between a bull, a goat and other devilish things. The floating crown is from Hellboy and it is also a tie back to the Kings logo.

The mascot kind of freaks me out... I'd hate to see how the kids in the arena react to it.

Β 

Β 

Diablos2.jpg

I made some suggested changes and added some sample looks. The mascot is a cross between a bull, a goat and other devilish things. The floating crown is from Hellboy and it is also a tie back to the Kings logo.

The mascot kind of freaks me out... I'd hate to see how the kids in the arena react to it.

Meh, it doesn't freak me out, besides, devils shouldn't be kid friendly, but that's just me :D

Where is this Anahiem you speak of?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

Archived