SNO

Davidson

Hey guys, thought you may be interested in a little project I've just been working on for a Brazilian Jujitsu company.

There name is SNO (Sangue No Ohlo) which roughly translates from Portuguese as 'Blood in the Eye'.

Here are some initial logo concepts I produced.

SNO.png

I think they are all pretty cool... but none of them really define what the brand is all about. They are all just clever, interesting ways to write 3 letters.

I would eliminate the bottom-right, because three letter written in script indicate the word "Sno" not the acronym "S.N.O."

The top-right is the best example of tying the name/idea into the logo. Using the O as an eye and indicating blood. Perhaps you can include more Brazilian or jujitsu elements into the logo?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Hey guys, thought you may be interested in a little project I've just been working on for a Brazilian Jujitsu company.

There name is SNO (Sangue No Ohlo) which roughly translates from Portuguese as 'Blood in the Eye'.

Here are some initial logo concepts I produced.

SNO.png

My two cents: I like the middle one. It seems to fit the MMA look with the flourishes. I do not, however, care for the skewed "S" and "O". I don't think it is necessary or adds anything. The top right one looks very much like a college logo. Almost seems too rigid for a sport as fluid as Brazilian Jujitsu. I think treating the "O" as an eye with blood is an avenue worth pursuing. The bottom right logo isn't a quick read, but the drop of blood is great. It doesn't read right to me because the "S" looks to be capital, but the "no" looks lowercase, as if it were one word. The bottom left one is pretty nice. Reminds me of some sort of WWE logo. I don't much care for the extra accents on the "S" and "O".

I definitely prefer the middle one the most. Maybe instead of that red vertical element in the top middle, turn that into the drop of blood.

The middle one made me instantly think of the EA MMA logo for some reason....

http://site.video-game-central.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ggn_ea_sports_mma_chung_le.jpg

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I think they are all pretty cool... but none of them really define what the brand is all about.

Do they need to?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Top right. It's a tad generic I suppose, but I actually already saw the O as being an eye at first glance...I mean, it does have the extra outline. Maybe work that into one of the other designs to strengthen them.

I'm a fan of the middle one. It's probably what you intended but I see an agressive looking eye when I look at it (White SNO = white of the eye). Changing around the red shapes and you can even get a drop of blood coming from the eye.

Example

44394839.png

Archived