Best New Mascot

Blue Falcon

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20048845-10391697.html

Preakness%2BInfieldfest%2B2011%2BKegasus.jpg

BALTIMORE -- Preakness organizers have unveiled a new marketing campaign for this year's second leg of the Triple Crown based on a mascot named "Kegasus" -- a half-man, half-horse centaur.

Greek mythology buffs know Pegasus was the child of Poseidon and the gorgon Medusa.

Preakness organizers looking to return younger fans to the often rowdy infield at Pimlico Race Course said the Kegasus mascot stepped into his man-stall after they organized an event so spectacular it accidentally ripped a hole in the fabric of awesomeness.

The mascot follows the introduction last year of unlimited refill beer mugs, a move made to bring the party back to the infield after a ban on bringing beer caused ticket sales to plummet.

Kegasus follows last year's "Get Your Preak On" campaign.

Watch Rob Roblin's report above to catch a glimpse of the mythical creature.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

That is not Sarah Jessica Parker...she has more chest hair.

As a veteran of many a Preakness going back to 1984, they are now trying to get back what they lost. A few years ago the got the "bright" idea outlaw bringing your own beer. The attendance dropped from 123,000+/- to 77,000 the next year. Then last year they offered an all you can drink ticket. The attendance went up to 98K or so, but the lines were a mile long. You essentially just stood in line all day. What I find really funny it they banned kegs in '85. Yep...you used to be able to bring kegs to a sporting event. You used to be able to bring ANYTHING...except glass...into the Preakness infield. It its prime, there was no other event like it.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

And here I was thinking Dartmouth had a new mascot.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yep...you used to be able to bring kegs to a sporting event. You used to be able to bring ANYTHING...except glass...into the Preakness infield. It its prime, there was no other event like it.

I remember those days . . . more or less.

I took a quick pass through the infield using my grandstand ticket when I was in my early 30s and felt like a sociologist observing a primitive culture. Within 5 seconds of exiting the tunnel on the infield side, I was fortunate enough to see a young female patron answer the call to bare her breasts for public display. Good times.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wow. No words for this at all. Fire the marketing guy.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Then last year they offered an all you can drink ticket.

And Kegusus is the product of that promotion. Hey, you give rednecks all they can drink and put them near some pretty horses...

I thought the Preakness infield was more of a Johns Hopkins frat party than a redneck convention

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I thought the Preakness infield was more of a Johns Hopkins frat party than a redneck convention

With that mullet/mane? I seem to recall that Homicide: A Year On the Killing Streets described a redneck area of Baltimore. Mind you that book came out 20 years ago. Still, rednecks live everywhere. And they all have the same accent. How is that possible?

Archived