PURPLES BACK! Rockies wearing purple again.

ltjets21

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rockies wearing purple jerseys

ifburq.jpg

I'm disappointed that they aren't wearing the even-more elusive purple hats to go with it, but still...

5lb6uh.jpg

...This is awesome.

... they need to at least wear the black with purple brim hat.

^This.

I have no idea why, but I've always had a soft spot for the Rockies' CR hat. Especially the all-purple one. And I normally hate purple.

Mariners | Sounders FC | Seahawks | Washington State

I love these jerseys and I hope they stay around.

Does anyone know if this jersey is in MLB 11 The Show?

They're not.

Really sharp look there for the Rockies. Hopefully the purple is replacing those god awful black sleeveless things they've worn the past few years.

FSU2.gif

They're not.

Really sharp look there for the Rockies. Hopefully the purple is replacing those god awful black sleeveless things they've worn the past few years.

Dang, hopefully theres a possibility of some uniform update thing.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

They're not.

I know I'm in a very small minority here, but I actually like the black vests.

jNTsTyQ.png

They're not.

Me too... reminds me of Rocktober '07. I never thought I'd like a purple baseball jersey btw, but these Rockies ones aren't half bad. Not great, but better than I'd expect a purple baseball jersey to look.

90758391980.gif

The official MLB Style Guide lists the Rockies' 2011 alternates as such:

Alternate Home #1: Pinstripe Vest, Black Sleeves, All Black Cap

Alternate Home #2: Purple Jersey, Black Cap with Purple Bill

Alternate Home #3: Black Vest, Purple Sleeves, All Purple Cap

Take that for what you will, but that's the official listing.

They're not.

I too love the black vests.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

They haven't worn the purple sleeves since they lost in them in the vest's debut, correct? Because some idiots thought "Oh, these are bad luck", while other idiots thought "This purple compromises my manly tendencies", and still more idiots thought "You know what would look awesome with these black vests? More black! Black sleeves, black vests, black eye black, black black black black" and then they moved onto Oakland.

Anyway, given MLB's coverage of alternate uniforms in Dressed To The Nines (post-Okkonen), I'm taking anything the style guide says about alts with a giant pile of salt.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't think that the cap always has to match the jerseys, but when they're both dark colors, they clash if not matched. At least a purple brim would provide some continuity between the jersey and cap.

Cool jersey, but a terrible look. This team angers me. So much potential, yet they f up every single one of the details.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think that the cap always has to match the jerseys, but when they're both dark colors, they clash if not matched. At least a purple brim would provide some continuity between the jersey and cap.

Cool jersey, but a terrible look. This team angers me. So much potential, yet they f up every single one of the details.

I completely agree. While I like the CR logo by itself, when you put it on a hat and look at it from more then 5 feet away it becomes very muddled and you can't tell which part is silver and which part is purple. The same can be said for their font on the jersey, they desperatly need a new font for their wordmarks. And while they have a great color scheme it's obvious they don't know how to utilize it well. They should be a purple first/black second team.

jNTsTyQ.png

They haven't worn the purple sleeves since they lost in them in the vest's debut, correct? Because some idiots thought "Oh, these are bad luck", while other idiots thought "This purple compromises my manly tendencies", and still more idiots thought "You know what would look awesome with these black vests? More black! Black sleeves, black vests, black eye black, black black black black" and then they moved onto Oakland.

Anyway, given MLB's coverage of alternate uniforms in Dressed To The Nines (post-Okkonen), I'm taking anything the style guide says about alts with a giant pile of salt.

Anyone have a pic of this?

I love the purple, but the filled-in serif type is getting really stale and never looked all that good in the first place. Too word-processor-y. It's not as bad as what the Brewers are doing, but it's close. Also, I wish they were named for Denver, as I do with the Avs. Maybe they'll follow the Miami Marlins.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Damn, Rox lose wearing them today... well, we might not see them again this year then.. :cry:

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Archived