PURPLES BACK! Rockies wearing purple again.

ltjets21

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO I think the purple jerseys with the all black cap is one of the best looks is baseball (but I like solid hats more than two-tone hats with, except maybe for Mariners, Braves, and A's) I'm not sold that the black/purple hat would would be an upgrade.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

Alternate Home #3: Black Vest, Purple Sleeves, All Purple Cap

They haven't worn the purple sleeves since they lost in them in the vest's debut, correct? Because some idiots thought "Oh, these are bad luck", while other idiots thought "This purple compromises my manly tendencies", and still more idiots thought "You know what would look awesome with these black vests? More black! Black sleeves, black vests, black eye black, black black black black" and then they moved onto Oakland.

Anyway, given MLB's coverage of alternate uniforms in Dressed To The Nines (post-Okkonen), I'm taking anything the style guide says about alts with a giant pile of salt.

Anyone have a pic of this?

you mean these? doesnt have all purple cap though uni_rockies.jpg

3535rx3.jpg

Alternate Home #3: Black Vest, Purple Sleeves, All Purple Cap

They haven't worn the purple sleeves since they lost in them in the vest's debut, correct? Because some idiots thought "Oh, these are bad luck", while other idiots thought "This purple compromises my manly tendencies", and still more idiots thought "You know what would look awesome with these black vests? More black! Black sleeves, black vests, black eye black, black black black black" and then they moved onto Oakland.

Anyway, given MLB's coverage of alternate uniforms in Dressed To The Nines (post-Okkonen), I'm taking anything the style guide says about alts with a giant pile of salt.

Anyone have a pic of this?

you mean these? doesnt have all purple cap though uni_rockies.jpg

Thnx. As much as I despise the black on black vest. This one looks worse.

The pinstriped look keeps the Rockies from having one of the best if not the best road uniform in baseball. If they switched out the pinstripes for simple purple piping like they used to wear, it would be a perfect look.

and they should just dump the black vests in favor of a black jersey with sleeves with white-purple-white piping on the sleeves, and go with a single thick purple outline on the numbers similar to what thier bp jerseys have.

The pinstriped look keeps the Rockies from having one of the best if not the best road uniform in baseball. If they switched out the pinstripes for simple purple piping like they used to wear, it would be a perfect look.

and they should just dump the black vests in favor of a black jersey with sleeves with white-purple-white piping on the sleeves, and go with a single thick purple outline on the numbers similar to what thier bp jerseys have.

100% agree. This would look tremendous.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

The Rockies need to just blow it all up and start all the way over.

(Speaking of, if this wasn't mentioned in the "Unused Color Combos" thread, I'll mention it here: purple and green. Right here. Rockies...make it happen.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

The Rockies need to just blow it all up and start all the way over.

(Speaking of, if this wasn't mentioned in the "Unused Color Combos" thread, I'll mention it here: purple and green. Right here. Rockies...make it happen.)

I've always thought green would be a great complimentary color to purple for the Rockies. Coors field uses green all over the place, on the seats, rails, staff uniforms, etc. Not to mention the Rockies use green for a lot of their event and charity logos.

tn_1998ASMegaTM1.jpg

rockies_fest_logo_2009.jpg

jNTsTyQ.png

^^ There you go...right there. That's perfect for the Rockies--don't even need to change the shades. That's what they need to go with in their next branding life.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

^^ There you go...right there. That's perfect for the Rockies--don't even need to change the shades. That's what they need to go with in their next branding life.

Seconded, always thought anything Rockies related in purple and green looked nice.

I love Purple and Green together, and also loved the 1998 All-Star Game graphics:

MLBAll-StarGame_PML1_1998_SOL_SRGB.png

MLBAll-StarGame_PML2_1998_SOL_SRGB.png

MLBAll-StarGame_PML3_1998_SOL_SRGB.png

MLBAll-StarGame_PML4_1998_SOL_SRGB.png

MLBAll-StarGame_PML5_1998_SOL_SRGB.png

Those alternate logos are supposed to represent views of the logo from different vantage points (right-field, left-field, third-base, first-base).

Good gosh...the Rox have been dangling that color combo out there for that long???

Go "green", Colorado...just gon' and do it.

(Also, interesting graphics. The differing vantage points thing is pretty cool.)

I know I'm late to the party on this thread (was at Opening Day and haven't checked since), but I feel like I need to express an AWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAAHHHHH for my favorite alternate for my home team and my favorite alt in all of baseball. Bow down before the purple.

They last wore them in the 07 postseason, and they weren't seen again for 3 years. I asked Bill Geivett in the Rockies' FO one time if they had been retired, and he just said that the marketing department had suggested to the pitchers to not choose the jerseys, because they weren't emphasizing the purple in the marketing.

However, the team seems to have woken back up to the idea of purple, and there's now a TON of purple happening with the team (new purple lights were installed in the upper deck of Coors Field to light up the stadium at night, and purple crosswalks were installed at 20th and Blake).

I really hope the loss on Friday doesn't discourage the Rockies from wearing the purple alts, because the team looks damn sharp in them.

Also, someone asked why they say Colorado on the front instead of Rockies - I'm pretty sure it's because they can officially be used as a home and away alt. The Rockies only have one "true home" alt, and that's the white vest look. They can wear the greys, purple, and black vests out on the road.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

They came out back in like 2000. For a few years around hat time lot of teams for some reason decided to use the away marks on their colored alts. Blue Jays said Toronto, the blue Texas jersey debuted. In 1999 The navy Seattle jersey was used After they moved into Safeco. Hell the navy Minnesota jersey was used at least a year before the navy Twins one. And both the D'Backs purple and black jerseys used Arizona. It was just kind of the trend I guess. And all these at one time were the only colored alts used by these teams so it wasn't lime they were just a counter to one with the home marks.

Archived