MLB on FOX new graphics

sportsfan0518

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After all of the FSN baseball scoring graphics changed (except ROOT sports), I am not surprised that FOX changed their graphics also. I am trying to find a photo and I will post one soon. I don't like it that much, I hate the 3 dots for 3 outs and the teams are on opposite sides. What do you all think of it?

UPDATE:

Before207ua89.png

Aftervdlumh.png

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

They tried to model them after the football graphics, which were great. However, they really dont translate as well to baseball IMO. I love tho older onees

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Much prefer the old graphics. As MDC said, the football graphics really don't translate all that well to baseball.

Also, put a pitch counter on there. Ever since YES lead the way in adding a pitch counter onto their bug, I've hated having to watch a game without it.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Is there a reason that Fox and other companies annually change their scorebug? I mean if you have one that works as well as last years did, why change it up for the hell of it? It'll all look good in HD so why bother?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think it's great. I was originally concerned about the gigantic score, but I think I figured out the reason for that. Fox Sports and Fox Sports Regional(at least our regional affiliate) have switched over have switched to exclusively showing games in widescreen format. For people with standard def, 4:3 TVs, that creates a wider but much, much smaller picture. The score at it's old size would be nearly unreadable depending on the size of ones TV. This seems like a decent compromise.

ADD PITCH COUNT!

YES Network does it.

The new graphics do have a pitch count. In the screenshot above, the count is 1-1.

Not the batter's count; the number of pitches thrown by the pitcher currently on the mound. I've seen on YES, NESN, and ESPN. Anywhere else?

image001.jpg

nesn2010.png

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I think it's great. I was originally concerned about the gigantic score, but I think I figured out the reason for that. Fox Sports and Fox Sports Regional(at least our regional affiliate) have switched over have switched to exclusively showing games in widescreen format. For people with standard def, 4:3 TVs, that creates a wider but much, much smaller picture. The score at it's old size would be nearly unreadable depending on the size of ones TV. This seems like a decent compromise.

Yeah I agree with that. I don't have HD, and the FOX BOX they used last year was almost unreadable. This newer one, though uglier in my opinion, is more legible.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I love that information, but I feel like I don't want it clogging up my score bug. I wouldn't mind if it was one of those things that flashed up there in the same way MPH often does and then goes away.

Yeah, I don't need to know the pitch count in the 3rd inning. I'm fine with the old fashioned way of having the announcers talk about how many pitches a guy's thrown if and when he's getting up there. What do I care that a starter has thrown 45 pitches through 4 innings? Or some middle reliever comes in for the top of the 7th and has thrown 14 pitches?

i like it better but it still looks out of date. web 2.0 has been on the way out for a couple of years now. not that they shouldnt have gradients/highlights, but this looks like a button on a website made in 2001

No offense, but what are you talking about?

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I love the new graphics package. Then again I'm fro flashy and legible. IMO, last years graphics struck me as too generic, too much like they should be produced by a local news station and not enough like they're from a professional sports broadcaster.

Archived