2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, hey, hey, I'm actually very calm. I don't get too worked up about these games. I meant to put the tongue.gif face at the end of that last post, it was certainly in a joking manner. The other post had no judgment attached to the refs also. In fact, earlier in the thread, I posted about the deceiving nature of free throw differential. Don't worry guys, I'm cool. What tackling were you referring to, TFoA?

I just hate the Heat.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Hey, hey, hey, I'm actually very calm. I don't get too worked up about these games. I meant to put the tongue.gif face at the end of that last post, it was certainly in a joking manner. The other post had no judgment attached to the refs also. In fact, earlier in the thread, I posted about the deceiving nature of free throw differential. Don't worry guys, I'm cool. What tackling were you referring to, TFoA?

I just hate the Heat.

Hahah, that's good man. I was just trying to save someone from making the same mistake I did, looks like you don't need it though. :P

But, that other dude might ^_^

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I just hate the Heat.

The tackle was basically the tip of the :censored: iceberg when it came to the officiating in that game (& most of the series). There was a play late in Game 5 when Rose was at the top of the key with Jeff Teague guarding him. Teague goes for and gets the steal, but Rose gets it right back by grabbing Teague across the waist. "Tackle" is an exaggeration, but that's still a clear foul. Anyways, this happened right in front of a ref, nothing was called, I damn near threw my remote. :lol: Doesn't help that the Hawks folded like a stack of cards from that point on in the game (& series), but that call came when the game was close & basically killed whatever momentum the Hawks had at that point. As far as the inadvertent whistle goes, that pretty much came when the game was in hand, and it made me go "Really? THAT'S the call you admit to missing?" :P

So yeah, the officiating definitely tilted towards the Heat (it's the playoffs, they have 3 players on star status. They're gonna get the calls.) in this round, and it was just interesting to see the Bulls receive the other side of it just one round later.

Since both series ended in 5 games, that means The Finals will start next weekend, right?

Nope. Next Tuesday.

Wow. The NBA caught up to...and passed...the NHL's calendar.

And that's despite the NBA's first round seemingly taking a month to finish. Of course, the NBA's only had one Game 7 this postseason, and the NHL's had a ton of them.

#2 - Yeah, the Heat have put it together. That basically made up for all of the high-profile games that they choked away during the regular season. They've finally become the scary machine that we all thought that they would be, nearly a year ago when LeBron & Bosh signed with the Heat. That being said, I think Dirk & the Mavs can take them (assuming, like rams80 said, the officiating is on the level and not 2006 NBA Finals-level where looking at Wade as he drove to the basket = made basket AND ONE.). It should be a really entertaining finals series.

The only thing I remember about that series is that Wade took over, and Dirk settled for 15-foot jumpers over and over and over again. You could complain about the officiating during those games, but that would be to overlook the Mavericks' complete lack of heart. If ever a team was clearly happy to just be there, that was them. The Heat played like they wanted to win a championship (and I say that as a Knicks fan -- remember when that was relevant?).

This year? Who knows. Jason Terry is playing like Stephen Jackson of the old Spurs teams and Dirk is playing like he knows what he's doing, so all bets are off.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Anyone up for some editing?

12218070.jpg

The Heat also currently have another former point guard from the Kings. Kind of funny how terrible refereeing cost him a championship 9 years ago, but it's helping him now.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

12218070.jpg

The Heat also currently have another former point guard from the Kings. Kind of funny how terrible refereeing cost him a championship 9 years ago, but it's helping him now.

If you're speaking about Jason Williams, he wasn't on the Kings in 2001-02; he was traded to Memphis.

12218070.jpg

If you're speaking about Jason Williams, he wasn't on the Kings in 2001-02; he was traded to Memphis.

No, I was referring to Mike Bibby, who is on the Heat right now.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

12218070.jpg

No, I was referring to Mike Bibby, who is on the Heat right now.

My mistake. Carry on.

Here's a story from today that's raised a few eyebrows....

Pippen takes LeBron over MJ

Jordan would break Pippen's neck if it meant he could win another NBA title. LeBron...would seek other options.

I don't think its possible to top Jordan's competitive fire (and sadistic joy in breaking others). LeBron might have slightly better talent, but he just doesn't have THAT level of will.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here's a story from today that's raised a few eyebrows....

Pippen takes LeBron over MJ

Jordan would break Pippen's neck if it meant he could win another NBA title. LeBron...would seek other options.

I don't think its possible to top Jordan's competitive fire (and sadistic joy in breaking others). LeBron might have slightly better talent, but he just doesn't have THAT level of will.

That's pretty true. I recommend "Playing for Keeps" by David Halberstam. I think it's from the mid-1990s, but you learn a lot about the changing sports/hoops landscape during Jordan's years and also about how unbelievably driven and competitive Jordan was.

Pippen may be getting ahead of himself right now. James is still only 26. Let's see how it shakes out. He'll never be considered as good as Jordan or Kobe because any titles he wins will come from having joined a super team. But his talent is undeniable and he's been pretty clutch in this postseason.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived