Best and Worst College football uniforms

thespleenenator

BYU takes the cup. Ugly as sin

I thought we were only talking about relatively recent uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah cuz their current uniforms, are by far one of the best looks in CFB. If sex was allowed at BYU, I'd be :censored:ing these uniforms all night long.

byu-football-008.jpg

FSU2.gif

*meta-puke* Wow, those are terrible. Also think these were baaaaaaaaaaad:

Miami-Pro-Combat3.jpg

I want to add a favorite for a couple of reasons:

RackMultipart.12472.0_display_image.jpg?1262363195

Great color combination. Not overdone. Helmet is classy (not many red facemasks in division 1) and stickers are a plus. Plus I like the trim on the jersey with the Seminole-print. Nice touch!

Nothing wrong with FSU's, but I think it is very overrated. Very 90s. Solid shirt. Solid pants. Unique trim on jersey. Logo on one hip of pants.

FSU, TCU, A&M and many others did the exact same thing.

the Seminole head logo is on both hips, and it's a look that goes back to the 80s.

I know those FSU uniforms date back to the 80s. It is just a very 90s look for college football and I don't get why people like it so much

yeah cuz their current uniforms, are by far one of the best looks in CFB. If sex was allowed at BYU, I'd be :censored:ing these uniforms all night long.

byu-football-008.jpg

I wouldn't go that far, but those are def some of my favorites.

byu-football-008.jpg

Nice. I like the stripes on the pants

Great color combination. Not overdone. Helmet is classy (not many red facemasks in division 1) and stickers are a plus. Plus I like the trim on the jersey with the Seminole-print. Nice touch!

Nothing wrong with FSU's, but I think it is very overrated. Very 90s. Solid shirt. Solid pants. Unique trim on jersey. Logo on one hip of pants.

the Seminole head logo is on both hips, and it's a look that goes back to the 80s.

I know those FSU uniforms date back to the 80s. It is just a very 90s look for college football and I don't get why people like it so much

People like it because it looks good. Looks a lot better than 90% of the crap that's been unveiled the last 11 years. There's no two-tone jerseys, no alt-color sleeves, no piping, no clunky font, no shadow-numbers...in general, no gimmicks. The cuff and collar design could go away and it'd still look awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

People like it because it looks good. Looks a lot better than 90% of the crap that's been unveiled the last 11 years. There's no two-tone jerseys, no alt-color sleeves, no piping, no clunky font, no shadow-numbers...in general, no gimmicks. The cuff and collar design could go away and it'd still look awesome.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I love them. It's plain, but there's enough there to keep you interested. And it's really all about the helmet. There may not be a more timeless helmet out there. It's hard to believe it has been worn since the 70s. The spear has a modern yet classic look to it that is difficult to achieve in the logo world.

FSU2.gif

Yeah, that's pretty much why I love them. It's plain, but there's enough there to keep you interested. And it's really all about the helmet. There may not be a more timeless helmet out there. It's hard to believe it has been worn since the 70s. The spear has a modern yet classic look to it that is difficult to achieve in the logo world.

Texas. And it isn't close.

That's debatable, since several classic designs, such as Ohio State and Alabama, have been worn for longer.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Texas is another one. Ohio State and Alabama are old looks that look old.

FSU2.gif

That's debatable, since several classic designs, such as Ohio State and Alabama, have been worn for longer.

Not sure I would call Alabama's helmet "timeless." It still very much works, but is definitely dated.

Pride stickers are hideous IMO, and Alabama's helmet would be better with the "A" logo.

To be honest, Alabama would do well to put the A on the helmet and switch over to these full-time, with a white version:

Alabama-Pro-Combat-Uniform-4.jpg

Strongly disagree.

Pride stickers are hideous IMO,

Pride stickers work for about 4 schools: FSU, Stanford, Georgia, and Ohio State. I like them...but then again, I grew up in an era where far more teams wore them.

Pride stickers work for about 4 schools: FSU, Stanford, Georgia, and Ohio State. I like them...but then again, I grew up in an era where far more teams wore them.

Why Stanford?

Why Stanford?

I like the axe :)

Archived