Best and Worst College football uniforms

thespleenenator

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My general attitude towards jerseys is to stick with what you win in. I like classic designs.

In my opinion:

one of the more underrated is Wake Forest

alphonso-smith.jpg

Eh, just another generic Nike template worn by others including Mizzou and Baylor.

I can't believe no one mentioned the sports bra look that Oregon State used to have. I hated those.

2007_new_Oregon_State_uniforms.jpg

And sit and comprehend the awfulness of this uniform matchup. Ironically, now I think Oregon and Oregon State have two of the nicer sets in all of college football.

501411.jpg

I think that's because most were trying to stick to uniforms that teams still wear.

I can't believe no one mentioned the sports bra look that Oregon State used to have. I hated those.

And sit and comprehend the awfulness of this uniform matchup. Ironically, now I think Oregon and Oregon State have two of the nicer sets in all of college football.

501411.jpg

I think that's because most were trying to stick to uniforms that teams still wear.

Hey man, we're 9 pages in. I think its alright to begin transitioning to all time good/bad uniforms. Lord knows some of the NCAA threads around here have been changing into much worse lately.

90758391980.gif

This is no longer current, but the uni's Maryland had in 2000 were awesome and among my favorites. Love the pattern on the collar and sleeves that incorporate the checkered look from the Maryland flag. It was even more awesome when the basketball team was doing the same thing.

31_Bruce_perry_stiff_arm.GIF

Yes...those were nice. Hell they can even keep the white lids/pants...all UMd needs to do is remember they have a M-flag logo, slap that back on the sides of the helmets, and roll with that...those would be the perfect MD uniforms.

But...since the U of Maryland is to UnderArmour what Oregon is to Nike, that prolly ain't gon happen.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is no longer current, but the uni's Maryland had in 2000 were awesome and among my favorites. Love the pattern on the collar and sleeves that incorporate the checkered look from the Maryland flag. It was even more awesome when the basketball team was doing the same thing.

31_Bruce_perry_stiff_arm.GIF

Yes...those were nice. Hell they can even keep the white lids/pants...all UMd needs to do is remember they have a M-flag logo, slap that back on the sides of the helmets, and roll with that...those would be the perfect MD uniforms.

But...since the U of Maryland is to UnderArmour what Oregon is to Nike, that prolly ain't gon happen.

ABSOLUTELY! That trim and usage of the best State flag in the nation was an awesome design, especially for basketball. It's a shame they've since downgraded their look, this one would still look great today.

More of the best uniforms:

army-camo.jpg

Kaipo.jpg

87Redskins.png

501411.jpg

Hey man, we're 9 pages in. I think its alright to begin transitioning to all time good/bad uniforms. Lord knows some of the NCAA threads around here have been changing into much worse lately.

I didn't say it wasn't alright. I was telling you why I thought no one had brought them up since you seemed so surprised.

Also, I know they're simple, but I like Rhode Island's too, with two different helmets for home and road.

2020238.jpeg

5088343544_1e0648d792.jpg

I'm fairly sure that's just the old and new helmet. They changed from the white to blue helmet in 2008. It also explains the two entirely different uniforms.

FSU2.gif

Also, I know they're simple, but I like Rhode Island's too, with two different helmets for home and road.

2020238.jpeg

I'm fairly sure that's just the old and new helmet. They changed from the white to blue helmet in 2008. It also explains the two entirely different uniforms.

Do people in rhode island have trouble reading the front of their jerseys or something?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Nothing wrong with FSU's, but I think it is very overrated. Very 90s. Solid shirt. Solid pants. Unique trim on jersey. Logo on one hip of pants.

Come again?

fsu_smith2007_01.jpg

If I knew how to read further I would have seen this:

the Seminole head logo is on both hips, and it's a look that goes back to the 80s.

My list without homerism (aka Florida State is out of the conversation)

Best:

Virginia

This one features 2 nice looks: Rutgers and UConn

Everyone rips on UCF but I like their black jersey. And y'all had the wrong gold jersey anyway.

Western Michigan

BYU

Middle Tennessee

And despite how much I dislike their current uniforms, I loved the Oregon highlighters.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

2020238.jpeg

Do people in rhode island have trouble reading the front of their jerseys or something?

I've watched them on TV before and it is almost impossible to make out any number on their jerseys. Surprised they haven't went all Tennessee on everybody, who added black outline to their unreadable numbers in the 90s, and added navy trim to the numbers.

FSU2.gif

Worst:

New Mexico St.

034.jpg

Can't show that picture without also mentioning how awful those Nevada uniforms are.

True. Funny thing is how much people liked 'em when Miami wore 'em though. Also, why can't Nevada find a facemask that matches the rest of the gray they use (or vice versa)?

Probably because that template is clearly designed for a team that uses at least two colors besides white.

Worst:

New Mexico St.

034.jpg

Can't show that picture without also mentioning how awful those Nevada uniforms are.

True. Funny thing is how much people liked 'em when Miami wore 'em though. Also, why can't Nevada find a facemask that matches the rest of the gray they use (or vice versa)?

Probably because that template is clearly designed for a team that uses at least two colors besides white.

You mean like navy and silver?

This one cannot be emphasized enough.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This one cannot be emphasized enough.

Those are great, until the players turn around and reveal the stupid butt/back of the leg marks.

Eh, that's fairly minor because those uniforms are a huge improvement over what they wore before.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived