Best and Worst College football uniforms

thespleenenator

Pretty simple: What do you think is the best, and or worst, college football uniforms. To avoid massive arguments, we will assume Oregon does not play football.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best:

Notre Dame

Michigan

Florida

USC

UCLA

Ohio State

Florida State

Texas

Worst:

Oregon

Iowa State

Northwestern

....a bunch of Sun Belt, MAC, etc teams

Read the first post. And from now on, let's try to limit to just 1 or 2 teams.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

MIght as well put my opinion.

Best: Arizona State Black alt, Texas

Worst: Cal all yellow

The only problem with Florida's uniforms is the helmet. I would love it if they went with the gator head or the F from their 2009 Pro Combats. Other than that, their uniforms are great.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Best:

Ohio State

Alabama

USC

Penn State's previous uniforms

Worst:

Penn State's new uniforms

Oregon

ASU

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Best:

Penn State

Worst:

Pro Combats (most have no history or real connection with the programs)

This is wrong...do some research every pro combat uniform has some significant tie to the program.

WV = coal mining

Pitt = Steel

TCU = Horned frog pattern

OSU = throwbacks

VT = computer board pattern

Miami = Palm trees

Alabama = houndstooth (bear bryant hat)

etc...

Best:

Penn State

Worst:

Pro Combats (most have no history or real connection with the programs)

This is wrong...do some research every pro combat uniform has some significant tie to the program.

WV = coal mining

Pitt = Steel

TCU = Horned frog pattern

OSU = throwbacks

VT = computer board pattern

Miami = Palm trees

Alabama = houndstooth (bear bryant hat)

etc...

I don't see a connection to the football program in most of those. I knew about OSU's throwbacks and Alabama's houndstooth. But there is no connection to the history of the football program in any of those others. Sure, there are connections to the regions where the school is i.e. West Virginia's coal mining roots and Pitt's steel mills. But the pro combats are just an excuse for Nike to create crazy walking billboards.

When you see PSU come out in their plain, no name plated uniforms you know it's because the name Penn State is more important than any name that could be on the back of that jersey not because Nike thought it would be cool.

Neither list is in any particular order....

Best

Alabama

Penn State

Notre Dame

Florida

Ohio State

Princeton

Virginia

Washington State

Texas Christian

UCLA

Southern California

Vanderbilt

Worst

Oregon (sorry, you can't pretend this team doesn't exist :P )

Boise State

Maryland

Virginia Tech (I love the Vick-era look though)

California

Texas Tech

Nevada (though the logo is nice)

Best: Texas (consistent, instantly recognizable helmet logo, unique color, aesthetically pleasing)

colt-mccoy.jpg

Worst: SMU's black alts (their regular uniforms are some of the best, though), Colorado State's orange alts and Miss St.'s black alts off the top of my head

Kyle+Padron+Bell+Helicopter+Armed+Forces+Bowl+yeQAi-Wkeoxl.jpg

paul_madsen_csu_rams_2.jpg

QMGKUEBCJTUTGUF.20091115033809.jpg

Archived