Best and Worst College football uniforms

thespleenenator

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of well deserved hatred towards the gophers in this thread. But I hope their coaching change will help to bring back this fantastic look.

51553662.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD509BBFB2DA87D21E1876BE4869D4DCEF5059DA8A29BACBD4F06BF04B24B4128C

23.jpg

Tim Brewster ruined the gophers, from uniforms to on the field product

Nope, still bad uniforms. The logo on the helmet is tiny, there are no kind of visible stripe patterns and the color combination looks atrocious.

Oops, I forgot my opinion didn't matter. I'll go back to lurking. Again, I'm sorry.

256dy87.jpg

On 4/28/2011 at 11:45 PM, bucskick20 said:
On 4/27/2011 at 11:02 PM, thespleenenator said:
On 4/27/2011 at 10:39 PM, bucskick20 said:

There is a lot of well deserved hatred towards the gophers in this thread. But I hope their coaching change will help to bring back this fantastic look.

Nope, still bad uniforms. The logo on the helmet is tiny, there are no kind of visible stripe patterns and the color combination looks atrocious.

Oops, I forgot my opinion didn't matter. I'll go back to lurking. Again, I'm sorry.

I'm with you here. These were nice uniforms...particularly at home. The only thing that bugged me was the black outline on the M. It should have either been white, no outline, or the current superfluous double-outline (which I actually like).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This one cannot be emphasized enough.

Those are great, until the players turn around and reveal the stupid butt/back of the leg marks.

Ok so say they didn't have any pants stripes, then they would be completely plain jerseys....might as well be penn state then

these are boring, at least pants stripes make them a little bit unique

This one cannot be emphasized enough.

Those are great, until the players turn around and reveal the stupid butt/back of the leg marks.

Ok so say they didn't have any pants stripes, then they would be completely plain jerseys....might as well be penn state then

these are boring, at least pants stripes make them a little bit unique

I have two problems with those pants.

1) They look terrible. They initially just look like boring pants which is boring, but whatever. Then there's pointy streaks coming down from the ass side for no apparent reason.

2) They would have looked better with the slightly less stupid Titans stripes they used to have on the helmets. The pants they previously had with the traditional striping would have worked much better with their newer, more traditional uniforms.

Worst:

New Mexico St.

034.jpg

Can't show that picture without also mentioning how awful those Nevada uniforms are.

True. Funny thing is how much people liked 'em when Miami wore 'em though. Also, why can't Nevada find a facemask that matches the rest of the gray they use (or vice versa)?

Probably because that template is clearly designed for a team that uses at least two colors besides white.

You mean like navy and silver?

I was referring to how it looked on NM State, although I think the reason they didn't work for Nevada is because silver is too close to white. They were made specifically for the U, which uses two colors that contrast with white and each other. The same has to hold true for any other school to be able to pull it off.

What's wrong with this? I think it's awesome

981950.jpg

Now this is terrible.

newjers.jpg

They are nice, I like both of them. Although the white jersey, I think it only looks good when the players wear it, when its tight, the game used ones, and not like this made for consumers.

I think the best jerseys they have had are these from 2005:

yIvUh.jpg52t57.jpg

51553662.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD509BBFB2DA87D21E1876BE4869D4DCEF5059DA8A29BACBD4F06BF04B24B4128C

23.jpg

I'm with you here. These were nice uniforms...particularly at home. The only thing that bugged me was the black outline on the M. It should have either been white, no outline, or the current superfluous double-outline (which I actually like).

Completely agree.

What's wrong with this? I think it's awesome

981950.jpg

Now this is terrible.

newjers.jpg

I like both of those, but the white one considerably more than the orange one.

Eh, I hate the orange green ones, but don't mind the white ones.

23.jpg

All spleeneater did was voice his opinion too, he didn't insult your mother or anything like that.

But that being said, I'm with you BucsKick, I think those jerseys look classy and I love the color scheme.

90758391980.gif

23.jpg

All spleeneater did was voice his opinion too, he didn't insult your mother or anything like that.

But that being said, I'm with you BucsKick, I think those jerseys look classy and I love the color scheme.

I like the look as well, but I have two issues with it:

1) The helmet "M" is small and the outline is black (I think that had been mentioned earlier)

2) The maroon color on the jerseys looks more red to me. Does anyone have an official pantone or RGB for Minnesota's maroon?

On another note, I always thought as the Golden Gophers they should really feature the color gold in their uniforms more. But by that logic, so should Tulsa and Cal.

Go Cougs.

23.jpg

Ok, I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear, but IN MY OPINION, these are bad uniforms.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Worst:

New Mexico St.

034.jpg

Can't show that picture without also mentioning how awful those Nevada uniforms are.

True. Funny thing is how much people liked 'em when Miami wore 'em though. Also, why can't Nevada find a facemask that matches the rest of the gray they use (or vice versa)?

Probably because that template is clearly designed for a team that uses at least two colors besides white.

You mean like navy and silver?

I was referring to how it looked on NM State, although I think the reason they didn't work for Nevada is because silver is too close to white. They were made specifically for the U, which uses two colors that contrast with white and each other. The same has to hold true for any other school to be able to pull it off.

I actually think New Mexico State looked best with that template. I thought Miami looked awful and Nevada as well. And New Mexico State looked awful too, but they looked better.

I think the best jerseys they have had are these from 2005:

yIvUh.jpg52t57.jpg

You really like the cop-a-feel octopus tentacles? This is the set I like the least. I think previous uniforms from 80s, 90s, early 2000s, and the current version are much better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As for the Miami Hurricanes, I liked their 2001 uni's

2001Hurricanes.png

These Miami uniforms looked awful, I think people are just biased towards them because they did well in them. Every time I see this template I just smh.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Archived