Best and Worst College football uniforms

thespleenenator

People like it because it looks good. Looks a lot better than 90% of the crap that's been unveiled the last 11 years. There's no two-tone jerseys, no alt-color sleeves, no piping, no clunky font, no shadow-numbers...in general, no gimmicks. The cuff and collar design could go away and it'd still look awesome.

Thank you. *high five*

Yes, I'm the guy who high-fives.

Go Cougs.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pride stickers are hideous IMO,

Pride stickers work for about 4 schools: FSU, Stanford, Georgia, and Ohio State. I like them...but then again, I grew up in an era where far more teams wore them.

I just think they're a bit too childish for football. They remind me of the "good job" stickers that kids get in elementary school.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And it's really all about the helmet. There may not be a more timeless helmet out there. It's hard to believe it has been worn since the 70s. The spear has a modern yet classic look to it that is difficult to achieve in the logo world.

Texas. And it isn't close.

OK, I'm an Ohio State grad who can't stand Michigan, but U of M has he ultimate "timeless" helmet. And I'm pissed that you forced me to admit this in print.

My general attitude towards jerseys is to stick with what you win in. I like classic designs.

In my opinion:

one of the more underrated is Wake Forest

alphonso-smith.jpg

one of the worst besides Iowa State, TCU and other modern looking jerseys, is Akron

Zips%20football%20player.jpg

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

My general attitude towards jerseys is to stick with what you win in. I like classic designs.

In my opinion:

one of the more underrated is Wake Forest

alphonso-smith.jpg

one of the worst besides Iowa State, TCU and other modern looking jerseys, is Akron

Zips%20football%20player.jpg

Those numbers are freaking huge on Akron.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

And it's really all about the helmet. There may not be a more timeless helmet out there. It's hard to believe it has been worn since the 70s. The spear has a modern yet classic look to it that is difficult to achieve in the logo world.

Texas. And it isn't close.

OK, I'm an Ohio State grad who can't stand Michigan, but U of M has he ultimate "timeless" helmet. And I'm pissed that you forced me to admit this in print.

Add another Ohio State alum who thinks Michigan has one of the best helmets in all of football. (And I too am pissed that you forced me to admit this in print.)

BB52Big.jpg

This is no longer current, but the uni's Maryland had in 2000 were awesome and among my favorites. Love the pattern on the collar and sleeves that incorporate the checkered look from the Maryland flag. It was even more awesome when the basketball team was doing the same thing.

31_Bruce_perry_stiff_arm.GIF

those Maryland uniforms! great!

There is a lot of well deserved hatred towards the gophers in this thread. But I hope their coaching change will help to bring back this fantastic look.

51553662.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD509BBFB2DA87D21E1876BE4869D4DCEF5059DA8A29BACBD4F06BF04B24B4128C

23.jpg

Tim Brewster ruined the gophers, from uniforms to on the field product

Nope, still bad uniforms. The logo on the helmet is tiny, there are no kind of visible stripe patterns and the color combination looks atrocious.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

This is no longer current, but the uni's Maryland had in 2000 were awesome and among my favorites. Love the pattern on the collar and sleeves that incorporate the checkered look from the Maryland flag. It was even more awesome when the basketball team was doing the same thing.

31_Bruce_perry_stiff_arm.GIF

those Maryland uniforms! great!

They were even better when they had the black helmets

a-jordan-112099.jpg

When used correctly, red, black and yellow can be about the best color combo out there.

FSU2.gif

There is a lot of well deserved hatred towards the gophers in this thread. But I hope their coaching change will help to bring back this fantastic look.

51553662.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD509BBFB2DA87D21E1876BE4869D4DCEF5059DA8A29BACBD4F06BF04B24B4128C

23.jpg

Nope, still bad uniforms. The logo on the helmet is tiny, there are no kind of visible stripe patterns and the color combination looks atrocious.

He must have misread the thread title, it clearly says "Best and Worst College football uniforms in thespleenenator's superior opinion"

23.jpg

He must have misread the thread title, it clearly says "Best and Worst College football uniforms in thespleenenator's superior opinion"

:lol:

FSU2.gif

People like it because it looks good. Looks a lot better than 90% of the crap that's been unveiled the last 11 years. There's no two-tone jerseys, no alt-color sleeves, no piping, no clunky font, no shadow-numbers...in general, no gimmicks. The cuff and collar design could go away and it'd still look awesome.

Thank you. *high five*

Yes, I'm the guy who high-fives.

*High five back* ^_^

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived