Your Personal Scouting Report

Brave-Bird 08

Fun idea I had for a thread. Give your personal scouting report, for any and all sports you play, so us CCSLCers can get an idea of how athletically gifted or inept you are! Go!

I'll go at it first

---------------------

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 150 lbs.

Sports

Golf (played on team in high school):

Driving Distance: 75/100 (I probably hit 220 yards off the tee with a driver. Not a lot of difference in distance w/ my irons either, because I'm short and don't create a lot of leverage).

Driving Accuracy: 88/100 (I learned to swing easy and hit dead straight. I can go rounds at a time hitting every fairway, or landing in the first cut.)

Approach Accuracy: 70/100 (I rarely hit greens in regulation, but I usually get pretty close)

Sandshots: 50/100 (Awful, sporadic. If I'm in the sand, lord knows where my ball will be next. sometimes I never get it out...sometimes it flies over into the woods).

Putting: 80/100 (Usually a pretty good putter. 2 putt most holes.)

Average score: I usually hit around an 85, but every 4 or 5 rounds it seems I shoot up to a 100. I'm very inconsistent!

Basketball (never played on team, but I play 5 on 5 regularly):

3-Point Shooting: 82/100 (I'm THAT GUY who stands in the corner and waits for the ball. Usually because I play pick up at the rec center here and all of the ppl there who don't know me assume I suck because I'm short, skinny, and white. They quickly learn to cover me.)

Mid range shooting: 45/100 (For some reason I can't step an inch within the 3 point line without losing all ability to hit a jump shot)

Inside scoring: 80/100 (When I am playing with people who know me, I usually have the liberty to run with the ball more. I've made a habit out of slashing into the lane and finding creative ways to get the ball in the hoop. I usually destroy people with a reverse layup...until they figure out it's my real go to move...then it gets blocked a lot)

Ball handling: 45/100 (I have a right hand...that's it)

Defense: 60/100 (I try to be tenacious, but a lot of my friends are bigger...and will usually back me all the way down from the perimeter and hit a 6 footer in my face.)

Football (never played, and only play so often...even though it's my favorite sport)

Speed: 60/100 (I'm as slow as molasses.)

Route running: 80/100 (Always find a way to get open...don't think that's ever too hard for most people in pick up football)

Catching: 88/100 (The one thing I can take pride in. I have abnormally large hands, according to my doctor, for a person of my height. I consider myself the A.J. Green of my height/weight class :P)

Throw power: 69/100 (Not very good. I can't throw further than 35 yards standing straight up...and can only get it to go about 40 if I step into it.)

Throw accuracy: 85/100 (On a SHORT field, which we usually play on, I'm fine and can stick balls anywhere)

Pass coverage: 75/100 (Usually can run man to man with most people)

Tackling: 30/100 (30 might be too high. It's non existent. I can never even get angles on people. It's awful)

Not trying to be an ass, but...

This was done before. It might have been graveyarded or deleted, so I won't fault you if that's the case.

But this led to some seriously gross exaggerations of skill by certain individuals, which just let to a big flame war between many of the members here.

Letting it go for now, but keeping my eye on it.

/carry on

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 154

Sports -

Baseball

Position: OF (primary)/3B (secondary; one game of 3B experience)

Style: offensive - switch hitting slap-hitter, predominantly a singles hitter. Decent base stealer. Defensive - strong armed outfielder, relies more on timing and routes rather than speed when tracking hits into the outfield.

Batting power: 25/100 - can occasionally hit doubles into the gap, but power is limited from either side of the plate. No home runs in varsity career, and only one triple.

Batting contact: 77/100 - Level swing from both sides of the plate with decent contact. Hit .330 junior year in high school, and accumulated a .270 BA throught three years of varsity career (2008-2010). Hits singles more often than any other base hit.

Baserunning: 82/100 - Greatest offensive asset, only caught stealing once in three years. Decent speed, but relies more on jumps and timing. Ranked third on team in steals junior year, with 12 (in a 22 game season).

Defense -

Tracking: 90/100 - excellent tracker from all three outfield positions. Excels especially at tracking the deep ball. Times jumps and reads well, and though never flashy, gets job done in the outfield often.

Throwing: 93/100 - best asset defensively. Has a knack for throwing runners out or preventing extra bases with strong arm. Accuracy sometimes wavers, but throws straight, level strikes more often than not.

Miscellaneous -

Hustle: 98/100 - Best overall asset. Sprints to outfield postion, sprints back after three outs. Sprints to first base after a walk. Sprints in nearly all instances.

Contributing to teamwork: 93/100 - Very unselfish player, always puts team first. Usually leads cheers in tge dugout when not at bat.

Overall: 83/100 - lacks athleticism and talent of other teammates and most players, but tries to make up for it with work ethic and team first attitude. Prefers role of sparkplug, rather than star. Old injuries to right knee (football, undiagnosed) and ankle (basketball, blowout) have slowed him and affected him over time, but plays through nonetheless.

---

Secondary Sports

Football -

Position: Athlete (no primary position, played 8th-9th grade only)

Speed: 78/100 - Once was very fast before two seperate injuries to right leg. Can still turn it on at times, but has since never regained the same speed.

Throwing: 85/100 - Good power, but inconsistent accuracy. Very "gunslingy" in style.

Catching: 80/100 - Good deep ball reciever, but inconsistent slot-range reciever.

Tackling: 81/100: Good form, but does not possess much strength. Could slow a runner down, but rarely "levels" ballcarrier.

Overall: 80/100 - Hustles and works hard, but lacks talent.

---

Basketball -

Position: PG

Style: Distributor/Assist Machine on Offense, Shut-down defender/great stealer on Defense. Models style of play after John Stockton.

Court Vision/Playmaking: 88/100 - Sometimes throws risky passes, but sees court well. Flashy passer with good playmaking ability. Likes no-look passes and "fastball" passes, which are thrown with good speed and acurracy.

Scoring: 76/100 - Has good shooting range and touch, but prefers not to shoot. Aims for assists, rather than points. Most points scored in a game in lifetime is only 12.

Defense: 89/100: Great defender, loves to disrupt plays. Great defensive positioning and covers man well. Quick hands and reflexes contribute to great stealing ability.

Free-Throws: 78/100 - Struggles at the line, but progressively is getting better.

Overall: 80/100 - Best assets are passing and defense. Aggresive style of play sometimes leads to foul trouble. Lacks talent, but contributes a good deal with get-the-job-done mentality.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Fun idea I had for a thread. Give your personal scouting report, for any and all sports you play, so us CCSLCers can get an idea of how athletically gifted or inept you are! Go!

I'll go at it first

---------------------

Weight: 150 lbs.

You remind me a lot of myself actually. Haha, it's rather funny. We both can shoot the three. Both of us play with our friends all of the time, and both us have a right arm... and that's it when it comes to dribbling. And our height and weight are similar.

Weight: 145 lbs

Ethnicity: White (or Caucasian for you politically correct people.)

Sports: Football: Played in High School

Position: CB (I preferred LB though, my natural position. Even though I'm rather small for a LB, and whenever I was on the scout team in practice, I played WR. I never liked playing WR but my coaches wanted me to play WR on the first team. Never understood why to be honest.)

Quickness: 89/100. (I'm quick, but not fast. Meaning, I have good acceleration and I always have, but I don't have good top speed.)

Jumping Ability: 85/100. (Only thing that I was really good at. I can almost dunk on a standard 10 ft rim.)

Pass Coverage: 70/100 (I was decent, but nothing special)

Tackling: 85/100. (Despite my size, I have a knack for finding the ball carrier and bringing him down)

Overall: 65/100. (It's my favorite sport, I was only average at best. I may have at times had signs of really good play, but I was never good to be honest.)

Basketball: Never played organized, but I play 5 times a week at local parks where I'm always the youngest player, and usually smallest.

Position: SG (Even though I'm only 5'9, I'm a shooter instead of a passer.)

Style: Scorer with ability to create own shot and can be spot-up shooter if need be on Offense; Shut Down defender on Defense.

3-Point Shooting: 65/100. (I can be a spot up shooter, but I'm the guy that prefers to take fade-away 3-pointers. Weird thing: If I'm right at the 3-point line from standard high school range, I shoot about 30-49%, but if I take a couple of steps back I shoot about 60-70%)

Mid-Range Shooting: 90/100. (My favorite shot to take is in the mid-range, and it's usually accompanied with a fade-away. I love these shots.

Inside Range Shooting: 60/100: (I'm dreadful at fast breaks. Just awful. I always miss for some reason. But I'm good at driving in if I'm in a half-court set. I just can't hit fast break lay-ups)

Ball-Handling: 40/100. (I like to drive in with right hand, can use left hand for some jukes, but don't ask me to drive in with my left. I'll probably lose the ball. I'm not the guy who you want to bring the ball up the floor.)

Passing: 50/100. (I can make good passes, but more often than not they're picked off. Probably because I try to fit it in tight spaces and I don't have the ability to do that)

Rebounding 85/100. (Despite my size, I'm really good at boxing out bigger players, and because of my hops, I can grab the ball and secure it. My friends used to give me the nickname Spider-Man because I'd come in from the 3-point line and snag the boards, usually while jumping really high. So to my friends, who would sit and jump to get the board, they'd just see me come put of nowhere getting the board before they do.)

Defense 85/100. (I pride myself on my D. If I'm not having a good offensive game, I can relish in my ability to defend the other team's best perimeter player. I like to guard players who are much, much better than me. It gives me a challenge. And, plus, I can learn from my mistakes. I can guard perimeter players in the post, my I'm awful at defend bigger players in the paint. They just go over top of me every time.)

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Style: Scorer with ability to create own shot and can be spot-up shooter if need be on Offense; Shut Down defender on Defense.

So, basically you have no weaknesses on the basketball court. Let me guess, you can throw a football 65 yards from your knees like JaMarcus Russell too. :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

So, basically you have no weaknesses on the basketball court. Let me guess, you can throw a football 65 yards from your knees like JaMarcus Russell too. :rolleyes:

Didn't I say my weaknesses are dribbling and passing? And no. Haha, I can barely manage 35 yards and that's if I step into it.

He never said anything about not having weaknesses, he just stated that he can shoot and play great defense. You're making it sound like he said he was Kobe or something.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 162 lbs.

Sport: Baseball

Position: SS/2B

Power: 80/100 (Can still rake in the batter's box for a little guy)

Aggressiveness in the box: 95/100 (Likes to swing the bat not too many strikes go by without a swing, lot of first or second pitch hits)

Fielding Ability: 90/100 (Good technique makes a lot of plays, a couple bobbles then and there but otherwise solid)

Throwing Accuracy: 85/100 (Decent arm for accuracy not great but still better then most)

Throwing Power: 74/100 (Clocked at 74 in tryouts while pitching, not a spectacular arm, but at second he can get away with it)

Range: 90/100 (Good hustle toward the ball and good read off the bat)

Speed: 90/100 (One of the faster players on the team and steals a lot of bases)

Aggressiveness on base path: 100/100 (Steals whenever he can, but also gets picked off/in a pickle for going too soon sometimes)

Overall: 86 (Great hitter, needs a little help on defense but it's a work in progress)

He never said anything about not having weaknesses, he just stated that he can shoot and play great defense. You're making it sound like he said he was Kobe or something.

Thanks man. Lights Out, probably due to being a Clippers fan, always likes to be sarcastic with people even though he's probably a 5'1 scrawny white dude, with a chod to match :P

You remind of my friend. He's 5'3, and like you prefers to pass and play great defense. You'd be a fun dude to play some ball with!

Thanks man. Lights Out, probably due to being a Clippers fan, always likes to be sarcastic with people even though he's probably a 5'1 scrawny white dude, with a chod to match :P

You got me! :rolleyes:

All in good fun, my friend. ;)

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 195 lbs

Sport: Sloth

Position: lazyass guy eating doritos and drinking ancient cans of surge

Speed: mouse click is recklessly fast, as is typing speed, but prone to errors and the occasional sprain

Efficiency: WASD is almost a perfect 100% but due to frequent alcohol intake, all other keys are subject to debate

Fielding: Reknowned for one-handed pringle-sleeve grabs, RBI (rapid beer inhalation), and diving remote-reaches

Range: Versatility in console and pc gaming or general couch potato activity, coaches reported high marks on Falling Asleep On Toilet, looking around for something and forgetting what it was, and channel surfing. Stumbling Upon also received high praise.

Overall: meh

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 195 lbs

Sport: Sloth

Position: lazyass guy eating doritos and drinking ancient cans of surge

Speed: mouse click is recklessly fast, as is typing speed, but prone to errors and the occasional sprain

Efficiency: WASD is almost a perfect 100% but due to frequent alcohol intake, all other keys are subject to debate

Fielding: Reknowned for one-handed pringle-sleeve grabs, RBI (rapid beer inhalation), and diving remote-reaches

Range: Versatility in console and pc gaming or general couch potato activity, coaches reported high marks on Falling Asleep On Toilet, looking around for something and forgetting what it was, and channel surfing. Stumbling Upon also received high praise.

Overall: meh

And we have a winner. :P

I'm still trying to figure out where the Clippers fit into this. I guess it fits because you'll be getting snippy when you're looking up at the Clips in the standings next year. :P

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I play all sports.

5' 10"

170 lbs

Football(Guard), Baseball(catcher) and Lacrosse(Defense) in High School.

With friends I play basketball, hockey, etc

Im the kinda big guy(bigger in high school) who likes to get in the way.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

6'7" 232 lbs.

I was an all-conference volleyball player in high school, but my all-time personal favorite athletic feat was kicking a 42-yard field goal (I didn't play in high school, so that's with no rush, no snap to time, etc, just kicked and through from 42 one day).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm still trying to figure out where the Clippers fit into this. I guess it fits because you'll be getting snippy when you're looking up at the Clips in the standings next year. :P

You just remind me of my friend who's a die-hard Clippers fan and always says things like, "Clips would be a 1-3 seed if it weren't our dismal 1-13 start" among other things like that. Hey, one of my dreams is to see a Clippers-Lakers Western Final. That'd be awesome. :P

Hustle: 98/100 - Best overall asset. Sprints to outfield postion, sprints back after three outs. Sprints to first base after a walk. Sprints in nearly all instances.

Overall: 83/100 - lacks athleticism and talent of other teammates and most players, but tries to make up for it with work ethic and team first attitude. Prefers role of sparkplug, rather than star

David Eckstein?

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Overall: 83/100 - lacks athleticism and talent of other teammates and most players, but tries to make up for it with work ethic and team first attitude. Prefers role of sparkplug, rather than star

David Eckstein?

He is definetely an inspiration for me, as well as other "little guys" past and present like Dustin Pedroia, Pee Wee Reese and Enos Slaughter.

And @ Rockstar Matt, I'm not a very good basketball player haha but I'd try to be fun! Chances are I'd always dish it out to ya, so you'd get to shoot alot! :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Archived