Ballpark in Arlington

NickNickNick

Here's an article:

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?ID=83081

Rangers rename Ballpark at Arlington

Sports Ticker

5/7/2004

ARLINGTON, Texas (Ticker) - The Texas Rangers on Friday reached a 30-year agreement with mortgage company Ameriquest and renamed its stadium Ameriquest Field in Arlington.

Ameriquest is the official mortgage company of Major League Baseball and the title sponsor of in-stadium and on-line MLB All-Star balloting. The company is headquartered in Orange, California but has 17 offices in Texas.

While financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed, Rangers owner Tom Hicks called the deal an "another important step toward our goal of building a team that is competitive every year."

The extra money could help Hicks get out of the hole created by the 10-year, $252 million contract that attracted Alex Rodriguez to Texas after the 2000 season. Hicks still is paying a chunk of the deal, even after trading Rodriguez to the New York Yankees.

Without Rodriguez, the Rangers are off to the best start in baseball at 19-10.

The stadium was known as The Ballpark in Arlington.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

that's too bad the ballpark in arlington was a great name, the good thing is that the new sponsor name doesn't sound better than great american ballpark, still the greatest sponsor name in all of sports go reds.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

that's too bad the ballpark in arlington was a great name, the good thing is that the new sponsor name doesn't sound better than great american ballpark, still the greatest sponsor name in all of sports go reds.

Too bad the ballpark isn't that great! :D

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

Ok, if they were going to sell the naming rights, couldn't it have become the Ameriquest BALLPARK in Arlington?

People...

Everyone is bitching about just that on the sports talk stations here in Dallas. The only thing I can figure is that if they called it Ameriquest Ballpark at Arlington, everyone would just continue calling it The Ballpark, so they wanted to change that part of the name in order for the "Ameriquest" part to be dominant. It sucks, though, because I like the name "The Ballpark in Arlington".

Yet another corporate sellout.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Damn, I loved the name The Ballpark in Arlington

Ditto Chris. I was there 5 years ago for a game, Rangers lost to the A's. Not a bad seat in the house. Great Ballpark!!!

. . . 30 frickin' year is a long time . . .

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

If only most of America only knew where Arlington is... (It's near Dallas right?)

It's between Dallas and Ft. Worth (closer to Ft. Worth). It's a big suburb, basically. Six Flags is there as well.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Arlington the only suburban locale for mlb? By that I mean the only team to play in a suburb of a major city. Not that there ever were many (I can only think of the Twins in Bloomington, Rangers in Arlington, ....and I guess that's it). And before anyone says it, the Angels don't count now that they are actually known as "Anaheim".

If only most of America only knew where Arlington is... (It's near Dallas right?)

It's between Dallas and Ft. Worth (closer to Ft. Worth). It's a big suburb, basically. Six Flags is there as well.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Arlington the only suburban locale for mlb? By that I mean the only team to play in a suburb of a major city. Not that there ever were many (I can only think of the Twins in Bloomington, Rangers in Arlington, ....and I guess that's it). And before anyone says it, the Angels don't count now that they are actually known as "Anaheim".

Then the Rangers wouldn't count because they're called Texas, they play in Texas, not a suburb of Texas (which I guess would be like Santa Fe, heh :) )

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

"No, if you look at what I said again, I was asking if the Rangers are 'the only team to play in a suburb of a major city'. The name is irrelevant."

What about the Detroit Pistons who play in Auburn Hills, Michigan, or another Dallas team, the Cowboys, who play in Irving, Texas, or the New York Football Giants and New York Jets, who play in East Rutherford, New Jersey, or the Phoenix Coyotes, who now reside in Glendale, Arizona or the Ottawa Senators, who play in a suburb of Ottawa, Ontario?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

It's just a matter of time before our country name itself is named after a corporate sponsor. The United Microsoft States of America brought to you by Nextel and sponsored by Coca Cola.

I don't know UMSA does not sound right.

I saw, I came, I left.

What about the Detroit Pistons who play in Auburn Hills, Michigan, or another Dallas team, the Cowboys, who play in Irving, Texas, or the New York Football Giants and New York Jets, who play in East Rutherford, New Jersey, or the Phoenix Coyotes, who now reside in Glendale, Arizona or the Ottawa Senators, who play in a suburb of Ottawa, Ontario?

And obviously, all of those are in MLB. Nice reading.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

My favourite is TD Waterhouse Centre in Orlando, Florida, home of the Magic.

You know what TD stands for? TORONTO DOMINION, which is a Canadian bank that bought out Waterhouse... who operate in the US. Funny eh?

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived