2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys even know who mount union is, or where it is?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yes, I do. That is why I took you up on your "bet". Now get a company together and have that game played.

In fact, this site has a member whose father is a coach on a staff of......

a FCS school!

This yearly thread has had him give us information which we do not really care about regarding the Big Sky Conference. FCS playoff time is when we care to talk about it, or if they are on TV against a FBS opponent.

Yes, they're a D-3 school. Whereas you see about two or three FCS over CFB upsets per year, the difference between CFB and D-3 is ginormous. Let alone going into the fact D-3 athletes don't even get scholarships (that's not to say there isn't talent in D-3, but comparing that to the huge budgets and talent pool of the CFB, well...). It's really a world of difference between the two levels

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Yes, I do. That is why I took you up on your "bet". Now get a company together and have that game played.

a FCS school!

This yearly thread has had him give us information which we do not really care about regarding the Big Sky Conference. FCS playoff time is when we care to talk about it, or if they are on TV against a FBS opponent.

It really is a shame that you guys don't care about the smaller schools. There is nothing like the atmosphere between two top d2 schools yo open the season. Those schools don't schedule patsies. They play top teams to begin the season. There is so much passion.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yes, they're a D-3 school. Whereas you see about two or three FCS over CFB upsets per year, the difference between CFB and D-3 is ginormous. Let alone going into the fact D-3 athletes don't even get scholarships (that's not to say there isn't talent in D-3, but comparing that to the huge budgets and talent pool of the CFB, well...). It's really a world of difference between the two levels

Talent wise, the purple raiders and the warhawks are mot d3. These teams are like the little lrague teams that hold back all of the 12 year olds so that they can beat up all of the younger kids and win the championship.

a FCS school!

It really is a shame that you guys don't care about the smaller schools. There is nothing like the atmosphere between two top d2 schools yo open the season. Those schools don't schedule patsies. They play top teams to begin the season. There is so much passion.

I care about my parent's alma mater, which is a NAIA school. Every two years, I go to their Homecoming (just to enable drunkiness from my parents and their friends), so there.

Talent wise, the purple raiders and the warhawks are mot d3. These teams are like the little lrague teams that hold back all of the 12 year olds so that they can beat up all of the younger kids and win the championship.

So they could beat Valparaiso. They couldn't beat Akron, New Mexico, or San Jose St. The talent and training differential is just to much. Shoot...Indiana would reduce the Mount Union players to tears.

And there's not a whole lot of enjoyable passion if you're clearly outmatching teams, so I think Mount Union just undermined your own argument.

/You want passion? Come down to where I'm at now. SEC football is organized religion.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So they could beat Valparaiso. They couldn't beat Akron, New Mexico, or San Jose St. The talent and training differential is just to much. Shoot...Indiana would reduce the Mount Union players to tears.

And there's not a whole lot of enjoyable passion if you're clearly outmatching teams, so I think Mount Union just undermined your own argument.

/You want passion? Come down to where I'm at now. SEC football is organized religion.

I never said they could beat fbs teams. I said they could beat d1 teams. Fcs is d1.

So i'm assuming one of your ten commanments is "thou salt not play football outside of the south."?

a FCS school!

I care about my parent's alma mater, which is a NAIA school. Every two years, I go to their Homecoming (just to enable drunkeness from my parents and their friends), so there.

In addition, while the SEC coaches cry, the SunBelt may rejoice in terms of oversigning.

I never said they could beat fbs teams. I said they could beat d1 teams. Fcs is d1.

So i'm assuming one of your ten commanments is "thou salt not play football outside of the south."?

Listen :censored: wit. I'm originally from the Midwest. I cheer for teams in the Big 10 and will have that Conference's back. I went to a :censored: ing D3 school complete with obligatory longstanding "PASSIONATE" rivalry. None of that :censored: holds a candle to my observed fan passion of the Southeast for their major college football teams. And yes, the SEC does tend to have per capita the best teams in the nation more often.

There's also a huge gulf between being able to beat Valpo (which doesn't even play with a full scholarship complement) and beating...hell...Wofford or Delaware. Or Auburn. So the list of D-I teams Mount Union could hang with is rather decidedly limited.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I strongly recommend that you do not pull that s#!% here and with this group. You have proven already in your lack of FCS/FBS distinction in terms of NCAA Division I Football that it could work well with your little circle of friends, but it does not work here. Your retreat within the last 2 hours illustrates to me that you need to recognize that.

Listen :censored: wit. I'm originally from the Midwest. I cheer for teams in the Big 10 and will have that Conference's back. I went to a :censored: ing D3 school complete with obligatory longstanding "PASSIONATE" rivalry. None of that :censored: holds a candle to my observed fan passion of the Southeast for their major college football teams. And yes, the SEC does tend to have per capita the best teams in the nation more often.

There's also a huge gulf between being able to beat Valpo (which doesn't even play with a full scholarship complement) and beating...hell...Wofford or Delaware. Or Auburn. So the list of D-I teams Mount Union could hang with is rather decidedly limited.

All i said was that they could beat some d1 teams, not that they could dominate the sec. The seec is mot the best conference on college football. There is not a single sec team that could beat oregon at autzen.

All i said was that they could beat some d1 teams, not that they could dominate the sec. The seec is mot the best conference on college football. There is not a single sec team that could beat oregon at autzen.

Auburn last year.... :rolleyes:

Today, we are all otaku.

Saying the SEC is not the best conference is ridiculous. And I guarantee that if all Oregon's schedule was the whole SEC at home they would not go undefeated. And the fans in the south ARE more passionate than anywhere else. It's not good or bad, that's just the way it is.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Saying the SEC is not the best conference is ridiculous. And I guarantee that if all Oregon's schedule was the whole SEC at home they would not go undefeated. And the fans in the south ARE more passionate than anywhere else. It's not good or bad, that's just the way it is.

You have obviously never been to autzzen stadium.

And no Pac-10 (or 12) team has won at Penn State since 1967.

What's your point?

You might be overestimating Autzen Stadium's advantage.

By a lot.

120 decibals is not overestimating. Just ask any team that has played their.

Archived