2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

This argument alone proves the intensity of the OSU Michigan rivalry.

Beats the hell out of the penis-waving rivalries of Arizona-Arizona State or, worse.....Idaho-Boise State.

The Ohio State-Michigan rivalry is at least interesting.

All those rivalries are interesting. Most rivalries are interesting for their own reasons. For instance, The AZ AZ St game last year with the blocked extra points just crushed the moral of the Zona team. You can't tell me that didn't produce some bad blood.

No....they aren't.

Figures. You're an SEC homer right? Doesn't surprise me. There is only one kind of forum user that I dislike, and that is an SEC homer. Newsflash, college football doesn't revolve around you guys.

Seven of 13 BCS champions have been from the SEC, including the last five. I don't actually like the SEC, but yeah, college football kinda does revolve around the conference. I've made my piece with that.

EDIT: Obviously, I meant "peace." What an idiot I am.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Figures. You're an SEC homer right? Doesn't surprise me. There is only one kind of forum user that I dislike, and that is an SEC homer. Newsflash, college football doesn't revolve around you guys.

In-state rivalries involving two schools with relatively-limited success just aren't interesting rivalries. No one outside the state of Arizona gets excited about an Arizona/Arizona State game. Even fewer people outside Idaho have an interest in Idaho/Boise State games.

Oklahoma-Texas is interesting. Michigan-Notre Dame is interesting. Army-Navy is interesting. USC-UCLA is interesting.

I'm a Georgia grad, and I can fully admit that Georgia-Georgia Tech isn't too interesting outside the state lines. More interesting than ASU-Arizona and Idaho-BSU, granted, but it doesn't hold a candle to other college rivalries.

Beats the hell out of the penis-waving rivalries of Arizona-Arizona State or, worse.....Idaho-Boise State.

All those rivalries are interesting. Most rivalries are interesting for their own reasons. For instance, The AZ AZ St game last year with the blocked extra points just crushed the moral of the Zona team. You can't tell me that didn't produce some bad blood.

No....they aren't.

You obviously havent been here long enough to realize why nobody cares about what happens in Arizona or Potato land.

1zqy8ok.gif

No....they aren't.

You obviously havent been here long enough to realize why nobody cares about what happens in Arizona or Potato land.

No, I know why. It's because most people here aren't college football fans. They're SEC fans, or Michigan fans, or Big XII fans, but not college football fans. College football fans are fans of the game where ever it is played. College football fans can appreciate the rivalry between Wisconsin-Whitewater and Mount Union, and the pain Northwest Missouri State suffered before they finally won a national championship, or how miraculous the resurgence of Prairie View A&M really is. Being a college football fan is about being a fan of all of college football.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

No....they aren't.

No, I know why. It's because most people here aren't college football fans. They're SEC fans, or Michigan fans, or Big XII fans, but not college football fans. College football fans are fans of the game where ever it is played. College football fans can appreciate the rivalry between Wisconsin-Whitewater and Mount Union, and the pain Northwest Missouri State suffered before they finally won a national championship, or how miraculous the resurgence of Prairie View A&M really is. Being a college football fan is about being a fan of all of college football.

You obviously have no clue.

People here dont care about Arizona or Potato land because there are posters here that think that the only 2 schools that deserve to be mentioned in college football are those kitty cats and blue potato eaters.

Trust me most people here care passionately about Collge Football (me included), we are just all annoyed when those 2 come on here and argue for argument sakes.

1zqy8ok.gif

No....they aren't.

People here dont care about Arizona or Potato land because there are posters here that think that the only 2 schools that deserve to be mentioned in college football are those kitty cats and blue potato eaters.

Trust me most people here care passionately about Collge Football (me included), we are just all annoyed when those 2 come on here and argue for argument sakes.

You just repeated my point. They don't care passionately about college football. They care passionately about those 1 or 2 teams (or conference).

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

No....they aren't.

You just repeated my point. They don't care passionately about college football. They care passionately about those 1 or 2 teams (or conference).

Yes but your original reply was directed to Hedley, from what I gather he is a level headed College Football fan, he's not one of the posters I was refering to in my post.

Wait till the blue potato eaters start 8-0 and you'll see what I mean.

1zqy8ok.gif

This thread means nothing to me until the SEC Media Days have started.....

quote from page 1.

Yep, not an SEC homer at all.

quote from page 1.

At least read the 2010 NCAA Football Thread, he roots for the SEC Conference, but he is also a Georgia Alumni. Far from a homer. I am an Arizona State Alumni and support the Pacific 12 conference. But I also appreciate the College Football Atmosphere at best. Just because people root for their teams, doesn't mean they don't appreciate college football at best. Trust me go look at the 2010 NCAA Football Thread, you'd be surprised what we talked about that wasn't about our teams.

quote from page 1.

I can assure you that he's not. You haven't been around here long enough to start calling out veteran members. Anyone that knows Hedley, knows that he's hardly a "homer." Learn the nuances and the people here before you make such accusations. Because right now you're just making your self look foolish.

For the record, I believe Hedley has said the same thing at the beginning of each season's college football thread. You're just not in on the joke.

BB52Big.jpg

quote from page 1.

I can assure you that he's not. You haven't been around here long enough to start calling out veteran members. Anyone that knows Hedley, knows that he's hardly a "homer." Learn the nuances and the people here before you make such accusations. Because right now you're just making your self look foolish.

For the record, I believe Hedley has said the same thing at the beginning of each season's college football thread. You're just not in on the joke.

You're right, I sincerely apologize to Hedley. My point still stands however.

I maybe a Washington fan (BTW, a Washingtonian rooting for Oregon would be akin to a Michigander rooting for Ohio State: A dumb fan based move worth getting hate thrown upon you) and, therefore, would have preference towards the Pac-12 (which means I have to deal with the Mildcat-Sun Dork slobfest every year)...

But, I also live in Iowa, so that also means I'm the middle of Big Ten and Big 12 country. Yet, I have serious respect for fans of college football. For states where college sports are king, like in Iowa, college football is the biggest game in town.

No....they aren't.

Leave.

Now.

I am a Nebraska fan by inheritance and an Indiana fan by adoption/alma mater-dom. I appreciate the SEC somewhat because of the better football played there and the fanatically maniacal zealotry that typifies the fanbase (especially now that I'm down there. I don't give a flying :censored: about the intensity of any of the Pac-10's picayune in-state rivalries that will have national implications on average once a decade at best. I really don't give a rip about Whitewater and Union's playing hot potato with the Stagg Bowl (Monon Bell now... :censored: those sheep :censored: ers at Wabash). Northwest Missouri's journey through this so-called wilderness is meaningless to me, and Prairie View will go back to being that one school with the band soon enough.

That does not make me any less of a college football fan.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No....they aren't.

Judging one's level of "fan-dome" is even more foolish as to judge and rank one's level of faith within her/his religion.

I guess you will rank fans who can afford to attend games next. Would it go like this?

Guy in last row > Student w/ chest paint > Male student in shirt/tie > Alumni in general seating > "Regular Guy" in general seating > Alumni in club seating > Logal man/woman working as usher > Tailgater who does not have tickets, but gets loaded

No....they aren't.

Judging one's level of "fan-dome" is even more foolish as to judge and rank one's level of faith within her/his religion.

I guess you will rank fans who can afford to attend games next. Would it go like this?

Guy in last row > Student w/ chest paint > Male student in shirt/tie > Alumni in general seating > "Regular Guy" in general seating > Alumni in club seating > Logal man/woman working as usher > Tailgater who does not have tickets, but gets loaded

No, i just think that people need to wake up and realize that there is football to be played outside of you own teams.

Yeah there is. It sucks though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That is possibley one of the most ignorant comments i have ever seen. I bet you that Mount Union could beat some d1 schools.

That is possibley one of the most ignorant comments i have ever seen. I bet you that Mount Union could beat some d1 schools.

I'll take that action. Now, become the promoter, get the game set and we will find out.

Archived