2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I would also debate the second part since Forbes ranks us as one of the ten most valuable basketball programs in the nation. You don't get a ranking like that for nothing.

And ironically, tOSU still outranks you, in a sport they care a lot less about!

I'm not disputing that, but to call Arizona basketball irrelevant, as infrared is, is foolish.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking about the first part, numbskull.

And so was I. Outside of the month of March, no one gives a damn about college basketball.

Numbskull? Wow. You really put me in my place didn't you?

Maybe you don't, but millions of people do. Now you're just spewing nonsense and insults.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That doesn't sound like fun, it sounds like someone getting pissed.

Trust me, I'm not angry. I'm just giving Kev a hard time. It's nothing serious.

You are terrible at not being angry.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Arizona basketball is irrelevant. Outside of Mike Bibby and the 1997 team, nobody gives two :censored:s about Arizona basketball or Arizona in general.

Arizona is constantly one of the most relevant teams in college basketball. Do you not pay attention to basketball at all?

I would also debate the second part since Forbes ranks us as one of the ten most valuable basketball programs in the nation. You don't get a ranking like that for nothing.

I'm not disputing that, but to call Arizona basketball irrelevant, as infrared is, is foolish.

You're trying to show that your school is as relevant as Ohio State is on the sports landscape and all you've got is Arizona basketball? And I'm being foolish? Normally I'm just kidding about Arizona being the 13th grade but your argument is making me wonder if it's actually true.

BB52Big.jpg

Arizona basketball is irrelevant. Outside of Mike Bibby and the 1997 team, nobody gives two :censored:s about Arizona basketball or Arizona in general.

Yeah, clearly there was no good reason for Sean Miller to say no to Maryland and stay in Tucson. Hell, there was no good reason for Miller to come to Tucson in the first place. Arizona is far from irrelevant.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That doesn't sound like fun, it sounds like someone getting pissed.

Trust me, I'm not angry. I'm just giving Kev a hard time. It's nothing serious.

You are terrible at not being angry.

You really don't get this place do you?

BB52Big.jpg

Arizona is constantly one of the most relevant teams in college basketball. Do you not pay attention to basketball at all?

I pay plenty of attention to college basketball. Arizona is on the outskirts of relevancy. Kevin W, however, is pretending that they're on the Kentucky/UNC/Duke/UConn/Kansas/UCLA level of relevancy, or even the Butler/Louisville/Pitt/tOSU/Florida level of relevancy. They aren't. I hear the teams I mentioned talked about all the time during college basketball season in the media and in my daily life. Arizona? Not so much.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I can't speak for Lights Out but in my case, outside of March? Nope.

Listen rook, college football dwarfs college basketball. It doesn't mean basketball is bad. It just means that college football is far more popular; which was my point in the first place. Only an idiot would say that Arizona basketball is as relevant on the college sports scene as Ohio State football is. Ohio State football is much "bigger" than Arizona basketball. It's simply a fact.

BB52Big.jpg

Kevin W, however, is pretending that they're on the Kentucky/UNC/Duke/UConn/Kansas/UCLA level of relevancy, or even the Butler/Louisville/Pitt/tOSU/Florida level of relevancy.

That's not the point I'm trying to make. We'd be at the level of a team like UConn or UCLA if we had a few more national championships (just wait) but infrared is trying to say that we're not relevant at all. That's just not true. You don't make the kind of money Arizona makes if you're irrelevant.

Arizona basketball IS irrelevant in a Football thread.

While I am happy that you earned your degree, but placing basketball information into a football thread is not the best use of that degree. If you gave us information regarding a football program or athletic department, then I would give you a little credit.

Arizona basketball IS irrelevant in a Football thread.

While I am happy that you earned your degree, but placing basketball information into a football thread is not the best use of that degree. If you gave us information regarding a football program or athletic department, then I would give you a little credit.

I made one little point after infrared flipped his :censored:ing lid and then he blew it all out of proportion.

Kev, did it ever occur to you that we do this just because we know you'll get all riled up and go into Arizona homer mode? I'm just busting your chops kid. Believe it or not, I actually agree with you. Arizona is among the top tier of college basketball programs. That said, we both know that Arizona hoops is nowhere near as "big" nationwide as Ohio State football is. Nor are they as big as any of the football programs Lights Out listed.

(By the way, I agree with a lot of that list Lights Out.)

BB52Big.jpg

That said, we both know that Arizona hoops is nowhere near as "big" nationwide as Ohio State football is.

I won't deny that, but at the same time I'm not trying to make that claim either.

I made one little point after infrared flipped his :censored:ing lid and then he blew it all out of proportion.

I didn't "flip my f-ing lid" Kev. I pushed your buttons just so I could watch you do what you do. What can I say? It's Sunday night and I was bored. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Archived