2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Nobody has given me good a reason as to why im a homer or troll. Just because i deviate from the popular opiniondoesnt mean im a troll.

Your remark about "No SEC team can win at Oregon because the stadium is loud!" is a homer-ish statement. And a stupid reason, to boot.

You do realize that SEC teams routinely play in loud 90,000+ venues, right?

Yeah, Autzen's never had an Earthquake Game.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody has given me good a reason as to why im a homer or troll. Just because i deviate from the popular opiniondoesnt mean im a troll.

Your remark about "No SEC team can win at Oregon because the stadium is loud!" is a homer-ish statement. And a stupid reason, to boot.

Tell that to lloyd carr

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Tell that to lloyd carr

Lloyd Carr never coached in an SEC stadium.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I never said they could beat fbs teams. I said they could beat d1 teams. Fcs is d1.

So i'm assuming one of your ten commanments is "thou salt not play football outside of the south."?

Listen :censored: wit. I'm originally from the Midwest. I cheer for teams in the Big 10 and will have that Conference's back. I went to a :censored: ing D3 school complete with obligatory longstanding "PASSIONATE" rivalry. None of that :censored: holds a candle to my observed fan passion of the Southeast for their major college football teams. And yes, the SEC does tend to have per capita the best teams in the nation more often.

There's also a huge gulf between being able to beat Valpo (which doesn't even play with a full scholarship complement) and beating...hell...Wofford or Delaware. Or Auburn. So the list of D-I teams Mount Union could hang with is rather decidedly limited.

I seem to remember from somewhere (maybe in discussions about them being a top-10 party school), but you went to DePauw, right?

I just hope Indiana steals one from Ohio State during their pending time of troubles.

That would be nice, but i think the lose of chapelle among others will be too great to overcome. One can dream though.

Actually, losing Chappell will be an upgrade.

He was your offense last season. You were 112th in rushing with only one person above 300 yards. And your defense was terrible last year. He was the only thing you had going for you.

And Tre Roberson, this year's Mr. Football here in Indiana, has a pretty damn decent shot of winning the starting job and being better than Chappell.

6fQjS3M.png

I never said they could beat fbs teams. I said they could beat d1 teams. Fcs is d1.

So i'm assuming one of your ten commanments is "thou salt not play football outside of the south."?

Listen :censored: wit. I'm originally from the Midwest. I cheer for teams in the Big 10 and will have that Conference's back. I went to a :censored: ing D3 school complete with obligatory longstanding "PASSIONATE" rivalry. None of that :censored: holds a candle to my observed fan passion of the Southeast for their major college football teams. And yes, the SEC does tend to have per capita the best teams in the nation more often.

There's also a huge gulf between being able to beat Valpo (which doesn't even play with a full scholarship complement) and beating...hell...Wofford or Delaware. Or Auburn. So the list of D-I teams Mount Union could hang with is rather decidedly limited.

I seem to remember from somewhere (maybe in discussions about them being a top-10 party school), but you went to DePauw, right?

I just hope Indiana steals one from Ohio State during their pending time of troubles.

That would be nice, but i think the lose of chapelle among others will be too great to overcome. One can dream though.

Actually, losing Chappell will be an upgrade.

He was your offense last season. You were 112th in rushing with only one person above 300 yards. And your defense was terrible last year. He was the only thing you had going for you.

And Tre Roberson, this year's Mr. Football here in Indiana, has a pretty damn decent shot of winning the starting job and being better than Chappell.

I guess so, but if Indiana wants to be successful, they are going to have to get much better on defense. You should never allow someone to score 83 points... ever.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ayup. For undergrad.

And Annoying Oregon fan #14, you're preaching to the choir about the Hoosier defense.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can I relinquish my title as CCSLC's Biggest Homer?

Yes. Easily.

There is no way anyone can be more of a homer than KevinW.

Yes. Easily.

You're getting up there though.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

OK, to finish the debate about Autzen stadium, just google loudest college football stadiums, and on almost every list, Autzen will be either #1 or in the top 5.

Here's proof

LSU for comparison

"I saw it on the internet! It must be true!"

Today, we are all otaku.

Big Ten Championship game to be played in Indy through 2015

Makes sense to me. Chicago may be a nicer city, but New Soldier Field is a far :censored: tier stadium.

Today, we are all otaku.

Big Ten Championship game to be played in Indy through 2015

Makes sense to me. Chicago may be a nicer city, but New Soldier Field is a far :censored: tier stadium.

And that retractable roof at LOS has a better chance of getting opened for the Big Ten Championship Game than it does for a September Colts game! :P

Although, really excited to have it here in town. Hopefully I'll be able to get tickets. Another question, though, what happens if Ohio State gets a postseason ban? Would they still be allowed to play in the conference championship game?

6fQjS3M.png

Conference Championship Games are technically postseason, so OSU would be ineligible.

Today, we are all otaku.

OK, to finish the debate about Autzen stadium, just google loudest college football stadiums, and on almost every list, Autzen will be either #1 or in the top 5.

Here's proof

LSU for comparison

This....I don't know what this is. You're trying to use two different videos, made with different cameras with different sound recording equipment from two different general locations to try and prove that one stadium is louder then another? This doesn't come close to being proof. Sorry.

Yes. Easily.

And yet you found a way. Kudos.

Here's proof

LSU for comparison

This....I don't know what this is. You're trying to use two different videos, made with different cameras with different sound recording equipment from two different general locations to try and prove that one stadium is louder then another? This doesn't come close to being proof. Sorry.

Point is that we are all supposed to shake our heads vigorously to make an impression of a greater sound.

I choose two videos that were similar quality. The Duck fans were excited because we were about to "beat" Oklahoma (no way we should have won that game). What is so hard about admitting that the majority of sports writers will tell you that Autzen stadium is one of the loudest stadiums in the nation? In most circles, this is a known fact.

Archived