2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Can I relinquish my title of Pac-12 Troll?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read most of this thread for the 1st time.

#1 - This is one of the worst arguments of all-time on this board. All-Time.

#2 - I need a translator.

I'm gonna try to steer this on topic with a little actual football talk:

SEC moves to stop oversigning by cutting signees by 3.

QB Russell Wilson continues to be the most courted QB in college football. Makes a visit to Wisconsin.

In that first story, the SEC voted to keep the Mississippi State cowbells legal for another season. This pleases me, since I've had a fever for a while now and my doctor only gives me one prescription for it.

You scream to us about not loving college football, but it is you who is being the biggest homer!

I will admit, that when it comes to autzen, yeah. But i follow college football very intently. Some say i'm obsessed.

Your little "Sports Fan" club calls you "obsessed". You are here now since you joined in April.

Here, you are a homer (and if you did not previously say that you liked Oregon, we would have found that out via your posts). You are up one or two levels now, so someone here can see through one's blind loyality.

What would you define as a homer?

YOU

Because...

You are personally hurt and must reply to every post from another member.

I reply to posts directed at me.

Anyway, a homer is some one who thinks that eveything revovles around their team and that everyone else can go suck it. When it comes to autzen stadium, i am indeed a homer, because i truly believe that there is no better gameday experiance. Of course, that is only my opinion.

You also said that a Division-III team could beat a Division-I team, then scattered on if it was a FCS or FBS team. Nice.

Stay being "obsesses" with your little followers in junior high and on HAM radio.

Fcs is d1. According to the NCAA they are just subdivisions of d1, hence the s at the end. Nobody has given me good a reason as to why im a homer or troll. Just because i deviate from the popular opiniondoesnt mean im a troll.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Well, you seem to solely exist to actively encourage conflict.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The role of 2010 Lights Out is now being played by thespleenenator. :P

enters stage left

Oh what a day to be a troll! The homers are homing, the traditionalists and the weirdos are engaging in spectacular combat, and thoust citizens watch to be entertained! But hark, a man enters.

Ram: Who goes their?

Spleen: Tis I, the knight off spleens!

Ram: What is thy message sir?

S: To inform the coming of the purple raiders.

Dw: Boulderdash! Those men are mere peasents!

Ram: Are you ill sir?

S: No, just simply marveling at akron"s nationl title.

Dw: but sir, ths kingdom of auburn won the last jousting tournament?

S: NO! It is a lie!

Jim: This man mad!

R: Candle snuff, you are free to go, for a new fool has been found.

L: Thank you sire!

Kevinw: Arizona!

L: i concur kevinw!

Dw: Yes! The king will indeed be plesed!

What the hell did I just read?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I just read most of this thread for the 1st time.

#1 - This is one of the worst arguments of all-time on this board. All-Time.

#2 - I need a translator.

1. Which one? The "Ohio State should die a slow and painful death" argument? The "All rivalries are great and you're an idiot if you don't agree" argument? Or the "You're all idiots because you don't follow Mount Union football" argument? There's a lot to choose from here Flame.

2. Nah, just stop reading dfwabel's posts. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Its obvious the NCAA is going to nail the Buckeyes, during their scholarship and bowl game loss with players being kicked out. I wonder if next year is when they lose to another Ohio school like Ohio U.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I just hope Indiana steals one from Ohio State during their pending time of troubles.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Then come up to Husky Stadium, where its been recorded at 135 decibels. Pretty sure one of the highest ever recorded at a college football stadium.

That would result in permanent ear damage. That reading was proven to be complete bull.

Your right, it is actually at the level of causing pain and damage in the ear. Good thing this was just a peak reading and not for an elongated period of time.

Continue on.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I just hope Indiana steals one from Ohio State during their pending time of troubles.

That would be nicee, but i think the lose of chapelle among others will be too great to overcome. One can dream though.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Personal opinion, I'd give Ohio State a one year institutional postseason and television ban, with the football team getting a second year of postseason ban. Oh, and Jim Tressel gets a show-cause penalty.

LvZYtbZ.png

That would be nicee, but i think the lose of chapelle among others will be too great to overcome. One can dream though.

Actually, losing Chappell will be an upgrade.

Today, we are all otaku.

That would be nice, but i think the lose of chapelle among others will be too great to overcome. One can dream though.

Actually, losing Chappell will be an upgrade.

He was your offense last season. You were 112th in rushing with only one person above 300 yards. And your defense was terrible last year. He was the only thing you had going for you.

No....the receivers were the offense last season. Chappell couldn't hit the blind side of a barn at point blank range. His wideouts made him look a lot better.

Today, we are all otaku.

Nobody has given me good a reason as to why im a homer or troll. Just because i deviate from the popular opiniondoesnt mean im a troll.

Your remark about "No SEC team can win at Oregon because the stadium is loud!" is a homer-ish statement. And a stupid reason, to boot.

You do realize that SEC teams routinely play in loud 90,000+ venues, right?

Nobody has given me good a reason as to why im a homer or troll. Just because i deviate from the popular opiniondoesnt mean im a troll.

Your remark about "No SEC team can win at Oregon because the stadium is loud!" is a homer-ish statement. And a stupid reason, to boot.

You do realize that SEC teams routinely play in loud 90,000+ venues, right?

None of that compares to Mount Union having to play in front of 237 screaming fans.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived