Shaq Retires

Cujo

Would have been nice to see him play a season in Newark but its time.

This is a great way to go btw

Shaq ooout. #ShaqRetires http://www.tout.com/9944wo

He's one of the greatest players to ever play the game. I'll miss Shaq, and I can't wait until we retire his number 34.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

As much attention as he got during his career, I don't think he ever got enough credit.

I thought of him as the greatest active player all-time wise, a title that will now fall to Kobe Bryant in my book.

Shaq is a dying a breed of player. The dominant center. For alot of years he was the only one in the league that could be said about, right now I think that can only be said about Dwight Howard. Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, Al Horford are all nice players, but Howard is the only one you can build a team around.

Its just because of that very reason that I don't think he got the credit he deserved. Teams had to come up with an entire new defensive strategy to guard him. (aka Hack a Shaq)

God knows what his career numbers would look like if he had actually stayed healthy and kept himself in better shape. (from '95 on only played in 70+ games four times.) Offensively the most dominant player of his era, and really good defensive player as well. High basketball IQ, great personality. He should and I think will be regarded as one of the games all-time greats.

One of the greatest of all time and of the genuinely nice guys in the sports world. It's a bit of a shame that he and Kobe couldn't work things out and he spent his last few years as a journeyman, but I think in the end he'll be remembered for his completely dominant years with the Magic and Lakers. He's got a truly magnetic personality and is well known for all of the charitable things he does. I had the pleasure of meeting him last summer and it was easy to see why he's been so loved everywhere he's gone.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I guess it is sad to see him go, but he was never one of my favorite players and hasn't done much for his team in the past 2-3 years, so farewell I guess.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Here's just a few of his nicknames over the years:

"The Diesel"

"Shaq Fu"

"The Big Aristotle"

"The Big Daddy"

"Superman"

"The Big Agave"

"The Big Cactus"

"Wilt Chamberneezy"

"The Big Baryshnikov"

"The Real Deal"

"Dr. Shaq"

"The Big Snowplow"

"The Big Shamrock"

"Shaqovic"

"The Big Conductor"

6uXNWAo.png

^ You forgot to add "Steel".

(I know I ain't the only one who seen that movie...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Here's just a few of his nicknames over the years:

"The Diesel"

"Shaq Fu"

"The Big Aristotle"

"The Big Daddy"

"Superman"

"The Big Agave"

"The Big Cactus"

"Wilt Chamberneezy"

"The Big Baryshnikov"

"The Real Deal"

"Dr. Shaq"

"The Big Snowplow"

"The Big Shamrock"

"Shaqovic"

"The Big Conductor"

You forgot "The Shaqtus", "Shaqattack" and "The Big Leprechaun".

07Giants.pngnyy.png

My Shaq Magic jersey was one of 2 basketball jerseys I ever owned. Will miss the big guy but hey, we'll always have Twitter.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived