NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was a huge-ass letdown.

In Shero I still trust.

But if only...

Shero obviously doesnt like getting effed around with.

I feel like Jagr's agent is more to blame here. We know Jagr said he wants to come back, and Shero made an offer, and Jagr had days to say "Yes, I will do it." I feel like his agent was the one who forced him into a bidding war.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

In Shero I still trust.

But if only...

I feel like Jagr's agent is more to blame here. We know Jagr said he wants to come back, and Shero made an offer, and Jagr had days to say "Yes, I will do it." I feel like his agent was the one who forced him into a bidding war.

I dont necessarily disagree with this, but he could have called Mario or Shero on his own and and committed to the Pens. Reports had been out there for a couple of days that he had done just that, with the Pens withdrawing the offer, he apparently didnt.

EDIT: Wings have also now pulled out of the Jagr sweepstakes.

In Shero I still trust.

But if only...

I dont necessarily disagree with this, but he could have called Mario or Shero on his own and and committed to the Pens. Reports had been out there for a couple of days that he had done just that, with the Pens withdrawing the offer, he apparently didnt.

The whole thing is somewhat confusing.

Hopefully his agent was threatened by the Russian mob to force Jagr back to Russia. If we can't have him, nobody can!

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

In Shero I still trust.

But if only...

The agent works for the player, and can't "force" anything (though some have been known to intentionally deceive players into thinking that a team doesn't want them if it's not in the agent's best interest for the signing to happen, which sucks... and I think is illegal.)

The blame for this has to fall on Jagr, who either thinks he's worth more than he is, or wasn't really 100% set on playing for the Pens (though I can't imagine why he wouldn't be - it's a perfect situation for him.)

Just heard the Flyers mentioned for the first time in all of this, which I hate, because it's just so right for him to be a Penguin, and he'd just be a guy wearing an orange jersey as opposed to a "Flyer", if that makes any sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Blurbs goin' around that Jagr might be a Senator. It looks like all 32 teams are having a powwow trying to decide who has to end up with Jagr.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Stan Bowman appears to be intent on drudging up old crusted cat turds from under the fridge. Signs Brett MacLean and Jamal Mayers.

*sigh*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There goes Campoli. What the hell is Bowman doing?

twitter

Eager to Edmonton for 3 years

I've also read Theodore to Florida and possibly Kaberle to Calgary.

Where did you find this? And please God no. Feaster needs to realize it's time to start fresh and starting sending our older guys out. We lose Adam Pardy to Dallas for 4 Million over 2 years, but sign Chris Butler to a 1.25 million over 2 years. Good value for us!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Eager to Edmonton for 3 years

I've also read Theodore to Florida and possibly Kaberle to Calgary.

Where did you find this? And please God no. Feaster needs to realize it's time to start fresh and starting sending our older guys out. We lose Adam Pardy to Dallas for 4 Million over 2 years, but sign Chris Butler to a 1.25 million over 2 years. Good value for us!

Crappy ass Eklund so take it with a gigantic grain of salt.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Puckguy may have been joking on Twitter, but I think he's right: Jagr to Florida. They can give him whatever money he wants without any expectation of performance attached to it.

O'Donnell, MacLean, and Mayers. Um, please call security, because it appears someone mistakenly let Bob Pulford back in the office and he's doing things on the Scotch again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Puckguy may have been joking on Twitter, but I think he's right: Jagr to Florida. They can give him whatever money he wants without any expectation of performance attached to it.

O'Donnell, MacLean, and Mayers. Um, please call security, because it appears someone mistakenly let Bob Pulford back in the office and he's doing things on the Scotch again.

At least MacLean is a 2 way deal.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

O'donnell can bring some toughness and maybe get Scott the hell out as the 7th d-man. He's insurance in case Campoli peaces out, and adds some veteran edge that was missing last year. Mayers and MacClean to me are nothing contracts. Mayers won't play 30 games for the Hawks this year, MacClean's backup in case Beach/Stalberg fail out.

twitter

Archived