MLB Draft

Dexter Morgan

I'm going to be annoyed when 2008 Yankee first round pick (28th overall) Gerrit Cole gets drafted 1st overall. :mad:

and more annoyed when the Rays draft 4 or 5 times before the Yankees do. We just had to give up our first round pick for a reliever. :cursing:

Are you still annoyed when people point out the fact that the Yankees consistently get top-5 or top-10 talent with picks in the late 20s almost every year because they're one of a few teams willing to meet the salary demands of those players? Didn't think so.

6fQjS3M.png

I'm going to be annoyed when 2008 Yankee first round pick (28th overall) Gerrit Cole gets drafted 1st overall. :mad:

and more annoyed when the Rays draft 4 or 5 times before the Yankees do. We just had to give up our first round pick for a reliever. :cursing:

Tough :censored: stop stealing players from other teams if you want to draft youth. Brian Cashman told the Steinbrats Soriano was not a good pick up, he was right. He is the best baseball man in your organization and he was ignored now they have a waste on the DL and the Rays getting some talent in a pitching rich draft.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tough :censored: stop stealing players from other teams if you want to draft youth. Brian Cashman told the Steinbrats Soriano was not a good pick up, he was right. He is the best baseball man in your organization and he was ignored now they have a waste on the DL and the Rays getting some talent in a pitching rich draft.

Thank you for pointing out exactly why I'm annoyed.

Are you still annoyed when people point out the fact that the Yankees consistently get top-5 or top-10 talent with picks in the late 20s almost every year because they're one of a few teams willing to meet the salary demands of those players? Didn't think so.

Yes the Yankees draft overslot, but that doesn't mean they always get top 5-10 talent. You are overstating it. The very best never drop because of $$$. It's one thing to say they got 1st round value in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round, it's entire different ballgame when you say Top 5-10 talent.

Normally, I don't appreciate personal posts, but my best friend was drafted by the Seattle Mariners today.

Round 28 (Pick 843): Brett Shankin, 6-foot, 200-pound right-handed pitcher, Wayne State (Michigan)
. Shankin was 7-3 with a 2.79 ERA in 15 games (13 starts), including seven complete games. In 80 2/3 innings, he gave up 63 hits, walked 15 and struck out 70.

The Rangers drafted someone who is paralyzed from the waist down. No disrespect to this guy, but what do the Rangers expect to get out of him?

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Normally, I don't appreciate personal posts, but my best friend was drafted by the Seattle Mariners today.

Round 28 (Pick 843): Brett Shankin, 6-foot, 200-pound right-handed pitcher, Wayne State (Michigan)
. Shankin was 7-3 with a 2.79 ERA in 15 games (13 starts), including seven complete games. In 80 2/3 innings, he gave up 63 hits, walked 15 and struck out 70.

You should design a logo of some sort, using "28" and "843" as commemoration points, and have something made for him with it (t-shirt, cap, coffee mug, whatever). It'd be a nice gesture, GFB.

nav-logo.png

Its better than what the Mets did they drafted someone who never played HS baseball out of High School in the friggen first round.

Nimmo though probably has the best upside of anyone in the draft though. His projected ratings have him being a superstar. Almost to Bryce Harper level.

Its going to be at least three years I'd say before he'll be up in the bigs though. He's way more raw then Harper was/is. The draft is such a crapshoot though, who knows what will happen. I remember when they were saying Mike Pelfrey was going to be the best pitcher of this generation. We've seen how that's worked out. He's good, but I think what you see now is about as good as he'll ever be. No name Dillon Gee is looking like the ace of the future.

Its better than what the Mets did they drafted someone who never played HS baseball out of High School in the friggen first round.

Nimmo though probably has the best upside of anyone in the draft though. His projected ratings have him being a superstar. Almost to Bryce Harper level.

Its going to be at least three years I'd say before he'll be up in the bigs though. He's way more raw then Harper was/is. The draft is such a crapshoot though, who knows what will happen. I remember when they were saying Mike Pelfrey was going to be the best pitcher of this generation. We've seen how that's worked out. He's good, but I think what you see now is about as good as he'll ever be. No name Dillon Gee is looking like the ace of the future.

Well we shall see. It just does give me reason to pause. It syas he is in Legion bal I wonder if Nimmo will play in the Midnight Sun Game. At least he was not drafted because he was releated to Elvis.

Gee does look good I like Niese too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Depends on the round.

The MLB Draft is different from those of any other major professional sport... after about the first 20 rounds or so, clubs aren't really drafting with an expectation that the guy they're selecting is going to make it to the Major League level. It's obviously happened before, but the expectation isn't really there.

That said, teams taking guys as a token gesture, while not beneficial, likely isn't harmful either. Now if they took someone like that in Round 3, that'd be another story.

nav-logo.png

Why does a Yankee fan care about the Draft? I hear the mets are shopping Reyes, there you go Yankee fans, you new shortstop.

Because you can't build a championship team only with free agents and trades. Has to be a combination of those 3 and international free agency.

Some people who live on the same planet that I do were drafted as well. I take pride in this because I feel my region is well represented.

C'mon. The two posts right above you (which I assume you were responding to) weren't ridiculous, especially GFB's.

Archived