Is there any rule on how mlb players wear their pants

uuh70

What i am asking is now a days most players who have their pants down to their shoes have the so called "pajama pants" i was wondering if a player wanted the elastic at the bottom like players did around 10 years ago would he be able to get them. I am wondering this because in today you mostly see ether pajama pants, high socks or the stirrups (in my opinion the way it should be) i havent seen the tapered style (elastic at bottom) in more than 5 years except for Greg Maddux

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

There are no rules for pants. The rulebook stats this as far as uniforms:

(a) (1) All players on a team shall wear uniforms identical in color, trim and style, and all players uniforms shall include minimal sixinch numbers on their backs. (2) Any part of an undershirt exposed to view shall be of a uniform solid color for all players on a team. Any player other than the pitcher may have numbers, letters, insignia attached to the sleeve of the undershirt. (3) No player whose uniform does not conform to that of his teammates shall be permitted to participate in a game.

(b.) A league may provide that (1) each team shall wear a distinctive uniform at all times, or (2) that each team shall have two sets of uniforms, white for home games and a different color for road games.

(c.) (1) Sleeve lengths may vary for individual players, but the sleeves of each individual player shall be approximately the same length. (2) No player shall wear ragged, frayed or slit sleeves.

(d) No player shall attach to his uniform tape or other material of a different color from his uniform.

(e) No part of the uniform shall include a pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball.

(f) Glass buttons and polished metal shall not be used on a uniform.

(g) No player shall attach anything to the heel or toe of his shoe other than the ordinary shoe plate or toe plate. Shoes with pointed spikes similar to golf or track shoes shall not be worn.

(h) No part of the uniform shall include patches or designs relating to commercial advertisements.

(i) A league may provide that the uniforms of its member teams include the names of its players on their backs. Any name other than the last name of the player must be approved by the League President. If adopted, all uniforms for a team must have the names of its players.

• 3 weeks later...

I love stirrups as much as the next guy but if any of you have worn baseball pants up and down, the new "pajama style" is much more comfortable. Pants with elastic are just nowhere near as good as open legged pants.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

In high school I wore my pants with the cuffs on my shoes. Sorry I'm not sorry. It was more comfortable and in my honest opinion looks better than wearing knickers.

I also liked that little extra cushion on my lower left leg for whenever I had to slide.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The only rule of pants that I'm aware of is that you're required to wear them. Given the choice of HOW to wear them, I'd prefer this:

WdKw.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I could be wrong about this but IIRC, a few years ago Denard Span received a letter from the MLB about his pants style. Apparently they did not like how he sometimes wore his pants below his cleats and had the pants hooked into the spikes.

I didn't really bother to look it up, this is just what I remember.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I could be wrong about this but IIRC, a few years ago Denard Span received a letter from the MLB about his pants style. Apparently they did not like how he sometimes wore his pants below his cleats and had the pants hooked into the spikes.

I didn't really bother to look it up, this is just what I remember.

I don't know if it was him, but I know that tying them below the shoe is illegal and should be.

In high school I wore my pants with the cuffs on my shoes. Sorry I'm not sorry. It was more comfortable and in my honest opinion looks better than wearing knickers.

I also liked that little extra cushion on my lower left leg for whenever I had to slide.

I alternated between up and down but considering I'm 6'6", my pant legs looked kinda awkward partially on top my shoes and they weren't really baggy at all, so hiking them usually looked better.

Likewise. The "pyjama" look is just more comfortable.

the MLB

sigh

Is that a really particular grammar nitpick? Yes, he could have said "I sent a letter to MLB", meaning Major League Baseball, not the Major League Baseball.

But when you're typing it, you're thinking about how it sounds as an acronym, not how the lengthened version of the acronym works in the context of the problem.

25yzwqg.png

the MLB

sigh

Is that a really particular grammar nitpick? Yes, he could have said "I sent a letter to MLB", meaning Major League Baseball, not the Major League Baseball.

But when you're typing it, you're thinking about how it

sounds as an acronym, not how the lengthened version of the acronym works in the context of the problem.

I've always been of the mind that you treat an acronym as if it were the full term. "The MLB" is just awkward. The same thing bugs me in pro wrestling discussions when someone says/types "the WCW" or "the ECW."

the MLB

sigh

But when you're typing it, you're thinking about how it

sounds as an acronym, not how the lengthened version of the acronym works in the context of the problem.

I've always been of the mind that you treat an acronym as if it were the full term. "The MLB" is just awkward. The same thing bugs me in pro wrestling discussions when someone says/types "the WCW" or "the ECW."

I should have just said letter from Major League Baseball. I was going to write "letter from MLB" but that sounded too weird.. sorry, I thought it got the point across anyway.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived