Spartan Logo

JJSCOTT

Working on a couple logo concepts for a local Jr. High that really has no current logos other than a typical spartan clip art kinda thing.

Colors are black and gold. C&C to help me come up with some improvements would be great!

18fd82b9.png

91e3e5ff.png

6f2fbc58.png

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

This looks really nice right now, but it's coming off more as an illustration than anything. I'd thinken up the outlines maybe 4 or 5 times more. Also, for that spartan head, could i see a version where it's just black, gold, and white (replacing vegas gold with black)?

If you're planning to use all 3 marks, I'd keep the S's consistant. I see that a black S on the black spear is a bit of an issue, but a white/yellow outline on the S could probably fix it.

Just a few minor issues here. Great work as always.

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback... I'm really an illustrator by trade so that is something I feel I always struggle with makin the switch to logo forms. I should just learn to increase the lines a few more strokes than what I start with cause that seems to always be an issue for me when I work with logos.

Took the advice and made some tweeks... really glad you guys suggested these cause I already like the look much better.

Not sure if all three logos would be used but I wanted a few options.

05c4fd52.png

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Good job simplifying the original version, it looks much better. But I'd say you could afford to simplify the plume on the helmet further. It's gonna sound kind hypocritical to say this having just said simplify it but you need to make the breaks in it bigger, but have less of them. Right now it seems to bity, when I think you need bolder but fewer details on it. Personally I'd think about losing the white highlights on the whole thing as well. If you're going with such a bright yellow the difference between the white and yellow, especially when viewed at a distance, is so negligable as to make it almost not worth the effort. If you wanna keep the white highlights then I'd recommend using a darker shade of yellow or even a proper bronze for as the main colour.

Great job though and look forward to seeing this progress.

9ersteve

9ersstevesig.png

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback... I'm really an illustrator by trade so that is something I feel I always struggle with makin the switch to logo forms. I should just learn to increase the lines a few more strokes than what I start with cause that seems to always be an issue for me when I work with logos.

Took the advice and made some tweeks... really glad you guys suggested these cause I already like the look much better.

Not sure if all three logos would be used but I wanted a few options.

05c4fd52.png

Honestly staring at this you could almost do away with the white, due to the intensity of the yellow in some players, the Plume like others have mentioned could be simplified even more...

It's nice, but ya, you could simplify the plume.

The "S" in the cape is cool. You could remove one of the yellow creases on the bottom of the cape and enlarge that "S".

The bottom of the s could run down to the corner.

Would it look crisper by taking the yellow keyline out of the S in the shield? (just have it black on white?)

The improvements made are well done. This is looking real nice.

Another update...

a098145c.png

If it were up to me I'd go with a fourth option where the highlights on everything that's metal are yellow and the highlights on everything that's not are white. It'll just make the whole thing easier to read with regards what's what, especially from a distance.

Like the updates, but feel you could push the simplification of the plume even further without causing it to become unidentifiable.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I think there might be too much yellow... Does that make sense. Like not thinning them down. But make them a little less prominent. Like on the helmet, especially the visor. The fan and coat look fine, I just would like a little less on the helmet... IMO

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived