Toronto Blue Jays concepts

Has2916

As you can see from my sig and name, I usually make hockey concepts. I thought I'd try baseball concepts for once. This isn't my first ever, it's the first one I feel comfortable posting.

It sounds like the Jays are going to change their uniforms next season. I thought a combination of the two previous styles would be excellent for the Jays!

JerseysPres.png

LogosPres.png

I tried to keep the "Canadiana" to a minimum, but I think a small leaf on the sleeve is appropriate. The leaf appears on every left sleeve, the theory being that it is closer to the heart. I also tried something different with a fauxback alternate.

As you can see from my sig and name, I usually make hockey concepts. I thought I'd try baseball concepts for once. This isn't my first ever, it's the first one I feel comfortable posting.

It sounds like the Jays are going to change their uniforms next season. I thought a combination of the two previous styles would be excellent for the Jays!

JerseysPres.png

LogosPres.png

I tried to keep the "Canadiana" to a minimum, but I think a small leaf on the sleeve is appropriate. The leaf appears on every left sleeve, the theory being that it is closer to the heart. I also tried something different with a fauxback alternate.

The home jersey is beautiful. I can see that the cap is a nod to the 70s and 80s, but I really think that the solid blue cap is all you need. It's perfect other than that. The font and sleeve striping is perfect and consistent throughout everything(something I need to work on). The road jersey is perfect too. I like how you didn't make the split-lettering red like in the 1996-2003 look. The first two alternates are, again, perfect. Nothing to change. Not sure how I feel about the fauxback. Part of me likes and it and another part says: The Blue Jays are an expansion team from the 60's. They've never worn anything like that. It's too simple. I would make the powder blue striping navy. It looks out of place because I don't see it anywhere else in the jersey. I give this set as a whole a 9.5/10.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

It's a good set. The navy blue doesn't look too bad, even though it would be a dramatic change for the Jays if this were real life. The old script looks good in navy blue. The white script on the powder blue however, not so much. It's hard to read the way it is and it needs some more navy. Interesting idea with the fauxback. I almost thought Toronto really had an old time baseball team :P.

Still, overall a pretty nice set Ryan!

I really like this look for the Jays. The scripts and numbers look really good, and I like the color choices for the jerseys. However, I would be consistent with the jersey fronts. The home and road just have the scripts, one has script and logo, and one has script and numbers. I would either put numbers on the front for all four sets or just go with the scripts. And I'm not a huge fan of the fauxback. I would either replicate and old uniform to make a true throwback or drop it.

All that said, this would be the best look the team has ever had IMO.

The leaf on the shoulder is a nice compromise between the Blue Jays wanting to be all of Canada's team and not having the leaf in every single variant of their logo. Nice work.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

JerseysPres.png

LogosPres.png

The home jersey is beautiful. I can see that the cap is a nod to the 70s and 80s, but I really think that the solid blue cap is all you need. It's perfect other than that. The font and sleeve striping is perfect and consistent throughout everything(something I need to work on). The road jersey is perfect too. I like how you didn't make the split-lettering red like in the 1996-2003 look. The first two alternates are, again, perfect. Nothing to change. Not sure how I feel about the fauxback. Part of me likes and it and another part says: The Blue Jays are an expansion team from the 60's. They've never worn anything like that. It's too simple. I would make the powder blue striping navy. It looks out of place because I don't see it anywhere else in the jersey. I give this set as a whole a 9.5/10.

I agree!!! Ditch all the caps except for the all navy and the fauxback and this set is 100% perfect! A perfect marriage of all Blue Jays eras. I'm disappointed now, because what we are really going to get next season will be definately worse than this!!! CHEERS!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

The fauxback could be worn each September 14 on Babe Ruth Day, to honor the Bambino, he hit is first professional HR in Toronto facing the professional team known as the Maple Leafs

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I thought the throwback was to pay homage to the former AAA International League team Toronto Maple Leafs. It did well enough that it was probably the reason why Toronto got the Blue Jays in the first place.

As for the team itself, the last few years in Toronto it was the farm team of the Boston Red Sox. But they wanted the team closer to Boston so they moved it to Pawtucket, RI where it still there as the Pawtucket Red Sox aka "PawSox'.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Thanks for all of the comments!

It would be my personal choice to just go with the solid blue hat for the home and road jerseys. I used the 80's style, with the white in the front, because I thought it was popular amongst others.

I knew I was taking a chance with the fauxback, I just thought that I'd go with it because a lot of people in Toronto (not everyone) like simple and classic. The "T" on the cap is inspired by Intercounty's Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team.

I was going to use the logo on both the dark blue alt and the light blue, but I switched them up to, hypothetically, give fans a choice on which style to purchase (number or logo?) Personally, I would have done a logo on both alts.

Really nice work. I've been thinking about doing a jays concept myself, and this is pretty close to how I was imagining it.

Suggestions:

1. I'm not sure how I feel about the inner stripe (I don't know what to call that!) on the lettering being a different colour than the jersey.

2. Could you try making the maple leaf one of the colours from the jersey? I have a problem with canadian teams throwing clashing maple leafs/flags on their jerseys. (I'm from BC, so don't flip!).

Edit: I forgot to mention that the logo looks great like that.

Archived