Rick Rypien dead

TheClevelandHockey

Did a quick google and couldn't find any news sources except a police twitter and the HF boards.

Apparently he hung himself.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the opportunity to see him play once. The guy had a lot of heart. Shame to lose him so early.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So, will the Winnipeg Jets' part deux become the first team in Pro Sports history to begin an existence with a memorial patch?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So, will the Winnipeg Jets' part deux become the first team in Pro Sports history to begin an existence with a memorial patch?

The ironic thing is that he wore #37.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ripper was one of my favourite players when he was with the Canucks. The guy had a lot of heart and played with no fear out there. His fights against Boris Valabik and Hal Gill I'll never forget, 5'11" Rypien vs 6'7" Valabik and Rypien manhandled him. RIP

8prlQWA.png

I doubt a patch, but a helmet sticker should follow suit.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Listed as #11 on the Jets' website. Odds are it will just be an "RR" type of logo, most likely a helmet sticker, yes, but you just never know, they could go all out with a patch.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ripper was one of my favourite players when he was with the Canucks. The guy had a lot of heart and played with no fear out there. His fights against Boris Valabik and Hal Gill I'll never forget, 5'7" Rypien vs 6'7" Valabik and Rypien manhandled him. RIP

Ripper was actually 5'11, but that's still an outstanding job.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Under the Marlins inaugural season patch was the name Carl for team President Carl Barger who died during the 1992 Expansion Draft.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Listed as #11 on the Jets' website. Odds are it will just be an "RR" type of logo, most likely a helmet sticker, yes, but you just never know, they could go all out with a patch.

They could always screen-print his name on the inside collar of the sweaters....

They could always screen-print his name on the inside collar of the sweaters....

Oh God the asspain the NHL had with the JHM was awesome.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Ripper was one of my favourite players when he was with the Canucks. The guy had a lot of heart and played with no fear out there. His fights against Boris Valabik and Hal Gill I'll never forget, 5'11" Rypien vs 6'7" Valabik and Rypien manhandled him. RIP

Ripper was actually 5'11, but that's still an outstanding job.

Ah yes I knew that too, just had Valabik's height in my head when I was typing.

8prlQWA.png

Its hard to imagine someone that was "living the dream" could be hurting so much inside.

Just because a person is a professional athlete making a lot of money, doesn't mean they don't have other things going on in their lives. That's what a lot of people forget. They have lives outside of what you see and are normal people too and have emotions and problems just like you and I.

Rypien was a really troubled guy apparently, he was gone from the Canucks most of this year for personal reasons,and had had the same thing happen in other years. It's a shame that presumably with access to the best resources, he wasn't able to overcome his demons.

Archived