Rick Rypien dead

TheClevelandHockey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I understand. We make different words by emphasizing different syllables too.

It's hard to write the tonation of chinese on a basic keyboard.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I know that their syllables are either rising, falling, high, or low, and that each one is different, but that's hard to type out, you're right, and conceptually it's pretty foreign as well. Interesting that they make a distinction somehow, though.

Did you know that Prozac was only successfully marketed to Japan when they began calling depression "a cold of the soul"? Prior to that dynamite marketing campaign, the Japanese thought it was perfectly normal to feel miserable sometimes and as such went unmedicated.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know that their syllables are either rising, falling, high, or low, and that each one is different, but that's hard to type out, you're right, and conceptually it's pretty foreign as well. Interesting that they make a distinction somehow, though.

Did you know that Prozac was only successfully marketed to Japan when they began calling depression "a cold of the soul"? Prior to that dynamite marketing campaign, the Japanese thought it was perfectly normal to feel miserable sometimes and as such went unmedicated.

No but given the culture of Japan that's perfectly reasonable.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Without coming out for or against the propagation of the I Am A Cardinal meme, I will say that I should have liked to have had a discussion on mental illness in sports without everyone getting so buttshook.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Today, we are all Jets who never left the runway.

You know....the "Today...we are...." crap is making any death thread unreadable at this point. Just my opinion, and I'm sure a few shots will be fired off in my direction for voicing it....So be it.

To be honest, I found that one to be mildly amusing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They're just ganging up on you because your views differ from their own. Like in high school.

I assumed it was a rip on me, because JQK can't ignore me. But I'm not getting the wheelchair reference?

JQK, clear that up for me? Or did you turn tail? I'm just wondering how that could've possibly been PotD or PotY, when apparently only you and ICS know what it meant.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=157677810977804

Not sure if this link will work, but it's a piano piece that Canucks prospect Yann Sauve wrote in tribute for Rick Rypien.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So, I tried to go the PM route to get clarification on JQK's comment that didn't make any sense. He meekly refused to explain, so I'm left to guess. Does he think I'm wheelchair bound? If he does, does he think it's okay to include that as part of an insult? ICS, you thought that his post was PotY material, you must understand what it meant. Enlighten us?

So, I tried to go the PM route to get clarification on JQK's comment that didn't make any sense. He meekly refused to explain, so I'm left to guess. Does he think I'm wheelchair bound? If he does, does he think it's okay to include that as part of an insult? ICS, you thought that his post was PotY material, you must understand what it meant. Enlighten us?

I thought you've stated before that you're in a wheelchair due to your condition / namesake? If I thought it then it's reasonable that someone else did too, though of course that doesn't make the post any more necessary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dude...give it up already.

Archived