Platypus logo concept

neo_prankster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much like the Ducks, and Perry the Platypus, like you mentioned before.

I think if you want to incorporate a teal/blue color perhaps make it with some sort of backdrop to signify water, and use a color scheme that helps further identify it as a platypus (like tans or browns).

Bump.

Color Concept:

portland_platypus_logo_by_neoprankster-d47plsz.png

C&C Welcome.

Download Inkscape and work in vectors. That's the best advice I can give you at this point. I'm not saying this to be a "logo snob" or look down on other software packages I'm saying it because working in a raster package (anything pixel based) is not doing your work justice! You clearly have talent and to get the best out of that talent you should be working with vectors because it will improve your presentation no end, and will leave you with files that will actually be useable, unlike what you have right now.

This concept has improved in leaps and bounds since the first version, and could probably be pushed a little further with regards the extremeness of the curve to excentuate the movement even further, but seriously consider working in vector graphics rather than raster you owe it to yourself.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Here's a different approach:

portland_platypus_logo_2_by_neoprankster-d47qgsb.jpg

NO. Simple as that I'm afraid. You've killed all the movement you had in the second version by hiding the curve in the body. The curve and movement was what made the second version 1000 times better than the first and by placing the Platypus in the oval you've killed that.

Sorry to be harsh but imo you want to be making the curve MORE extreme not hiding it.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

NO. Simple as that I'm afraid. You've killed all the movement you had in the second version by hiding the curve in the body. The curve and movement was what made the second version 1000 times better than the first and by placing the Platypus in the oval you've killed that.

Sorry to be harsh but imo you want to be making the curve MORE extreme not hiding it.

9erssteve

I agree with steve, this is a step backwards. You were headed in the right direction with the previous attempt.

The colours are the only improvement.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The dynamic shape that you made in your sketch is what makes the logo. Don't sacrifice that in order to incorporate another color. I think you could either use a backdrop that doesn't compromise the shape (having the logo extend beyond the backdrop), or perhaps just use a blue/teal outer stroke.

With that said, I would worry about trying to incorporate a backdrop last. With the right tools (using layers), that step is easy.

• 3 months later...

Archived