Platypus logo concept

neo_prankster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where will the wordmark be? tilted to make a rectangle? If cleaned up I could dig it.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I think the platypus should be moving in an upward direction. Also, I realize this is a rough sketch, but the neck seems off. It would be useful to show how the head connects to the body with more detail. I love the idea, and I'm interested to see how it progresses.

IMO I think the team name should be the Portland Perrys. I mean its not the first time a team in "Oregon" has been challenged because of a team mascot and logo. Just to justify: The other day I was browsing online and stumbled across a story about Walt Disney having something to do with the Univ. of Oregon's mascot; Puddles.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

I can appreciate the creativity of creating a unique logo like that, but it looks like a turd with legs. I would put a little more definition between the tail and the body, instead of making it one big oblong body (which it isn't in real life). The idea of bringing them to Portland (as a combination between a duck and a beaver) is brilliant however.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I can appreciate the creativity of creating a unique logo like that, but it looks like a turd with legs. I would put a little more definition between the tail and the body, instead of making it one big oblong body (which it isn't in real life). The idea of bringing them to Portland (as a combination between a duck and a beaver) is brilliant however.

There needs to be a definite break between the body and tail. I totally agree. And I don't think platypus tails are pointy like that, are they?

gYH2mW9.png

There needs to be a definite break between the body and tail. I totally agree. And I don't think platypus tails are pointy like that, are they?

This should help.

duck_billed_platypus_1.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here's a logo concept for a Platypus fantasy team, maybe Portland to bring together the Oregon and Oregon State fans.

That is brilliant. I honestly laughed out loud when I read it.

I wouldn't have called this a logo concept. It's a sketch. The tail issue has been pointed out, but aside from that, I think it would be difficult to have a logo going diagonally down as a good logo.

the straight angle might be awkward to work with maybe try curling him more so that you could incorporate it into putting a P with it. This was my thought when I thought about putting together some sort of logo with this animal. lookin forward to seeing yours develop! good luck. What color scheme are you goin with?

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

No matter what, the platypus has to be brown. Anything else would just look weird.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived