Nike NFL uniforms "sneak peak"

fifthandlaurel

That's asinine. There is no reason whatsoever to change a uniform if it is good. The Panthers unis aren't my favorite, but it's a good set with a unique look; instantly recognizable as the Carolina Panthers. Whatever ultra-hip monochrome garbage Nike makes for them will be dated a few months after its revealing. And unless Nike gets the NFL to change its five year rule (which I think we all know they are trying to do), teams that go with this modern Nike garbage will be stuck wearing them for five seasons, after which they will wear a completely different, equally horrible set.

My concern is that they are going to look a little too much like the current Jaguars uniforms. But at least it won't look as bad as the Steelers 2012 alternate uniform....ugh.

100% correct, but this is where I'm curious to see if the NFL bends for Darth Nike.

Didn't the league just strengthen the alternate jersey rules in anticipation of Nike trying to work around them? Based on what we know, it sounds like the league won't be bending over for anyone.

We all hope that is true. But then again, only a handful of teams are seeing a true change.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's asinine. There is no reason whatsoever to change a uniform if it is good. The Panthers unis aren't my favorite, but it's a good set with a unique look; instantly recognizable as the Carolina Panthers. Whatever ultra-hip monochrome garbage Nike makes for them will be dated a few months after its revealing. And unless Nike gets the NFL to change its five year rule (which I think we all know they are trying to do), teams that go with this modern Nike garbage will be stuck wearing them for five seasons, after which they will wear a completely different, equally horrible set.

My concern is that they are going to look a little too much like the current Jaguars uniforms. But at least it won't look as bad as the Steelers 2012 alternate uniform....ugh.

wait, what steelers jersey?

spacer.png

spacer.png

wait, what steelers jersey?

Expect something VERY close to this.

File:AFCN-UNIFORM-PIT-2012.png

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

hahahaha YES!

am i seeing the collar that nike is using for most of its college teams on that template as well?

Yes, the Nike flywire will be on their collars, but the color of them will greatly vary.

like, the "wires" will be a different color than the jersey?

Oh lord I hope not. The generic prototypes that were sent to each team matched the team color of their collar (for the most part). Some were grey though.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

oooo what i would do to see those prototypes hahahaha

Nothing great about them actually. Pretty generic.

well thats dissapointing

They were sent so each team could see/test Nike's materials and flywire technology. Basically, Nike sent them to get their feedback so each team can have them customized to their liking. To me, they almost all looked the same, just in each team's colors.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

different nfl equipment patch as well?

That was a Reebok thing.

That was an idea that was created and developed by Reebok for the NFL. That branding belongs to the NFL, not Reebok.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived