Nike NFL uniforms "sneak peak"

fifthandlaurel

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. The Seahawks have publicly confirmed that they will be in new uniforms next season.

I'm personally crossing my fingers that we're looking at a royal and green scheme again, or at the very least, silver helmet and pants. The current set, despite my liking for it at first, has really run it's course for me.

That all being said, my belief is that lime green is going to become much more prominent. Lime could work if it's balanced with other colors, like silver and say, that lighter Sounders blue. I'm thinking of a silver helmet especially, if it is to be paired with lime green (much like a mockup JohnnySeoul did in another thread). A blue helmet paired with lime wouldn't (and didn't, when they tried it) work as well, in my humble opinion.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

13. For God's sake, wear the white pants with the blue jersey, and the blue pants with the white jersey. If I want to see cheap-looking monochrome uniforms, I can visit any one of a dozen below average local highschool teams. You're an NFL team... enough already.

Yes, for God sake, you have to look like every other team in the NFL. You can't have any originality in the No Fun League. This is "professional" football. We must all adhere to the same uniform standards, no matter what the rest of tackle football is doing in this country.

How dare you wear monochormes! Just doesn't jive with Old School Viking man's wet dream on how every NFL team is supposed to look.

Guess what Old School....everybody doesn't have to look alike. Everybody doesn't have to look like they did when you were 9 years old. Its 2011.

If anything, Seattle needs to do more with the colors they have. Become the Oregon of the NFL. Which Nike will probably want to do.

Or maybe they should just wear the same uniforms for 16 games a year like Dallas and Cleveland do. That is sure awesome!

I think Seattle is pretty much perfect right now. I think they should drop the white pants completely and just go with the blue on both sets. The only modifications I'd make would be to enlarge the sleeve logo and use a little more of the lime green. Possibly a more-distinct number font, but what they have now is fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13. For God's sake, wear the white pants with the blue jersey, and the blue pants with the white jersey. If I want to see cheap-looking monochrome uniforms, I can visit any one of a dozen below average local highschool teams. You're an NFL team... enough already.

Yes, for God sake, you have to look like every other team in the NFL. You can't have any originality in the No Fun League. This is "professional" football. We must all adhere to the same uniform standards, no matter what the rest of tackle football is doing in this country.

How dare you wear monochormes! Just doesn't jive with Old School Viking man's wet dream on how every NFL team is supposed to look.

Guess what Old School....everybody doesn't have to look alike. Everybody doesn't have to look like they did when you were 9 years old. Its 2011.

If anything, Seattle needs to do more with the colors they have. Become the Oregon of the NFL. Which Nike will probably want to do.

Or maybe they should just wear the same uniforms for 16 games a year like Dallas and Cleveland do. That is sure awesome!

Lord, you are AMAZINGLY easy to provoke.

Lord, you are AMAZINGLY easy to provoke.

Attack the post, not the poster.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I think Seattle is pretty much perfect right now. I think they should drop the white pants completely and just go with the blue on both sets. The only modifications I'd make would be to enlarge the sleeve logo and use a little more of the lime green. Possibly a more-distinct number font, but what they have now is fine.

I completely agree with you on this. Drop the white pants once and for all.

spacer.png

I agree that the current look is great, though I think I've softening my stance on whether or not a silver helmet would be a better choice. I always thought the blue helmets were the best solution but now I'm not too sure. I also want to see the sleeve logo enlarged and wrapped around the sleeve as in their 80's jerseys. Not sure if I would drop the white pants completely. I actually prefer them on the away jerseys but I abhor them on the home blues.

I agree that the current look is great, though I think I've softening my stance on whether or not a silver helmet would be a better choice. I always thought the blue helmets were the best solution but now I'm not too sure. I also want to see the sleeve logo enlarged and wrapped around the sleeve as in their 80's jerseys. Not sure if I would drop the white pants completely. I actually prefer them on the away jerseys but I abhor them on the home blues.

While I like the blue-blue-blue and blue-white-blue looks, I think I'd be OK with a silver helmet. Maybe if it was a little big darker of a silver than the original. Then you'd have silver-blue-blue and silver-white-blue uniforms, which I think in the current designs would work well. I don't think that your nelmet has to be the same color as any of the other elements in your set in order for the uniform to work well, even if the shirt and pants match. To pull this off, they'd need to incorporate silver into the other elements somehow. I'm not sure what's the best way to do this, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that tough.

As for the wrap around sleeves, you should know that it's impossible with today's cuts. I think the way that the current logo terminates in the back makes it perfectly able to stand alone without any kind of wrapping effect, and if it was just made larger, it'd be fine.

They could also drop it all together and maybe place it under the collar instead of the wordamark, then work the colors into the sleeves somehow (not traditional stripes, but maybe a green/ blue/ white USC/Texans type of thing.) But now we're changing what is already a good jersey a little bit too much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If Nike was in full control of uniforms, this is what I wish they would do this to each team:

Patriots - Leave current set and add a alternate red jersey

Dolphins - New design of the uniform and helmet with the current colors.

Jets - Leave the current set as is

Bills - Add blue pants to the current set

Texans - Leave the current set as is

Titans - Leave the current set as is, suggest that the team wear baby blue on baby blue

Colts - Change design of uniform, add blue pants

Jaguars - Change design of uniform completely.

Steelers - Leave the current set as is.

Browns - Brown Jersey, Orange Pants, White Pants, Brown Pants, put a logo on the helmet.

Bengals - Remove the white side panels on the jersey and leave the rest of the uniform alone.

Ravens - Leave the current set as is.

Chargers - Make the powder blue the main set with powder blue pants.

Chiefs - Complete redesign of uniform.

Raiders - Leave the current set as is.

Bronces - Leave the current set as is.

Cowboys - Have one standard color of Blue.

Eagles - Keep current design, except change the color to Kelly Green

Redskins - Leave the current set as is.

Giants - Leave the current se as is except have a 1986 throwback.

Lions - Leave the current set as is.

Packers - Leave the current set as is.

Vikings - Leave the current set as is.

Bears - Leave the current set as is.

Bucs - Leave the current set as is.

Falcons - Change the away set to black pants

Panthers - Keep current colors and re-design the uniform

Saints - Have one standard color of Gold.

49ers - Make the gold more brighter for the whole uniform like the new Notre Dame helmet.

Seahawks - Leave the current set except add more neon green and use an updated throwback to the 1976 team.

Cards - Leave the current set and loose the black alternate.

Rams - Keep the current colors, but use the old L.A. Rams design.

I know this is a lot of wishful thinking, but that would be my idea NFL.

spacer.png

Browns - put a logo on the helmet.

brownswithlogo.png

Your funny...more like this:

324px-Cleveland_Browns_B_logosvg.png

Nah...that's their women's only merchandise logo. Other than the center stripes, ONLY numbers should ever grace that helmet. Vikings, Cardinals, and Falcons are living proof of what happens when you take a classic uniform and turn it into complete :censored: . No thanks.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Browns - put a logo on the helmet.

brownswithlogo.png

Your funny...more like this:

324px-Cleveland_Browns_B_logosvg.png

Nah...that's their women's only merchandise logo. Other than the center stripes, ONLY numbers should ever grace that helmet. Vikings, Cardinals, and Falcons are living proof of what happens when you take a classic uniform and turn it into complete :censored: . No thanks.

Interesting...the Vikings, Cardinals and Falcons are some of my favorite sets in the NFL.

How about this:

browns-logo.jpg

or this:

browns%20logo%20cool.png

spacer.png

Archived