Nike NFL uniforms "sneak peak"

fifthandlaurel

Question that I have with this Nike thing. I think the current game on field jerseys are made by another company and they just have the Reebok logo slapped on them. Will this be the case with the NFL next year or is Nike making the on field jerseys too?

I'm pretty sure that nike contracts out 100% of its manufacturing to 3rd parties...so the question may be around are they planning to use the same vendors and templates as reebok?..I'm pretty sure that when reebok went exclusive all they kept production as is and changed the logo patches to reebok.

I believe Rippon in Wisconsin has been producing almost all game jerseys (regardless of manufacturer) for over 20 years. The game jerseys will likely be produced by the same company regardless of the Nike change.

I think Rippon is still the main one. My buddy at Partex will still partially (if not mostly) handle the retail authentics and replica jerseys.

FYI - There's only one "p" in Ripon.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ripon does make the gamers, except the newer seamless-style jerseys (like the Giants wear). I think those are made in Israel.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ripon does make the gamers, except the newer seamless-style jerseys (like the Giants wear). I think those are made in Israel.

So how does that work? If RBK or whoever develops a new fabric, do they just send a stock to Ripon along with the specs of the cuts? Or does Ripon have a little more autonomy?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 4 weeks later...

Chalk this up as just a rumor for now, but my friend at Partex said we should expect a lot of monochrome looks from the Panthers next season. He said they are getting a special Nike treatment. I think that's pretty funny considering the main Panthers superstar in under an Under Armour contract. Looks like Nike wants to cash in on some Newton jerseys. haha

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Chalk this up as just a rumor for now, but my friend at Partex said we should expect a lot of monochrome looks from the Panthers next season. He said they are getting a special Nike treatment. I think that's pretty funny considering the main Panthers superstar in under an Under Armour contract. Looks like Nike wants to cash in on some Newton jerseys. haha

It is about time the Panthers get a new uniform look. 16 years without a change is way too long.

edit ** I do realize they added the Carolina Blue jersey after their inaugural season **

spacer.png

This could be interesting. Especially because as there are NFL guidelines to uniform use and the times you can use an alternate, however there are no guidelines for pants. So who knows? Maybe they'll go all white/all black/all light blue. Then again, with the NFL policy of one helmet (except for throwbacks), I wonder if they'll change that up? Maybe a black lid? I do hope they at least get rid of the ugly striping on both the garments and helmets. It looks so outdated.

Then again, with the NFL policy of one helmet (except for throwbacks), I wonder if they'll change that up? Maybe a black lid?

I don't see the NFL changing that rule - helmets are too much a part of the teams' brand identity to water down with alternates.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off that the NFL would change the policy. I meant it in the sense that the Panthers might change their helmet.

Then again, with the NFL policy of one helmet (except for throwbacks), I wonder if they'll change that up? Maybe a black lid?

I don't see the NFL changing that rule - helmets are too much a part of the teams' brand identity to water down with alternates.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off that the NFL would change the policy. I meant it in the sense that the Panthers might change their helmet.

I can see the Panthers having a primary black helmet next season. This also allows them to use the silver one as an alternate since it is already in their uniform history.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I can see the Panthers having a primary black helmet next season. This also allows them to use the silver one as an alternate since it is already in their uniform history.

I hope they lose the silver helmet and go with a blue helmet and make the panther black and silver. That Carolina blue may look great as a helmet color and that way they could use silver, black, or white pants and it would go great together, but then again that also works for a black helmet.

spacer.png

Question that I have with this Nike thing. I think the current game on field jerseys are made by another company and they just have the Reebok logo slapped on them. Will this be the case with the NFL next year or is Nike making the on field jerseys too?

I'm pretty sure that nike contracts out 100% of its manufacturing to 3rd parties...so the question may be around are they planning to use the same vendors and templates as reebok?..I'm pretty sure that when reebok went exclusive all they kept production as is and changed the logo patches to reebok.

I believe Rippon in Wisconsin has been producing almost all game jerseys (regardless of manufacturer) for over 20 years. The game jerseys will likely be produced by the same company regardless of the Nike change.

Per one of my contacts with Adidas, Ripon was informed that Nike will not be using them to manufacture NFL on-field jerseys next season, as was ACO. Nike will be using the same supplier that is responsible for their college line. Several teams are trying to block this move. Every team has already received proposed jerseys from Nike, none of them done by Ripon.

It is about time the Panthers get a new uniform look. 16 years without a change is way too long.

That's asinine. There is no reason whatsoever to change a uniform if it is good. The Panthers unis aren't my favorite, but it's a good set with a unique look; instantly recognizable as the Carolina Panthers. Whatever ultra-hip monochrome garbage Nike makes for them will be dated a few months after its revealing. And unless Nike gets the NFL to change its five year rule (which I think we all know they are trying to do), teams that go with this modern Nike garbage will be stuck wearing them for five seasons, after which they will wear a completely different, equally horrible set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

100% correct, but this is where I'm curious to see if the NFL bends for Darth Nike.

Didn't the league just strengthen the alternate jersey rules in anticipation of Nike trying to work around them? Based on what we know, it sounds like the league won't be bending over for anyone.

Archived