Nike NFL uniforms "sneak peak"

fifthandlaurel

Saints and Redskins are not untouchable for 2012.

OH NO HERE YOU GO AGAIN GETTING ME ALL SCARED AND CONFUSED

lol...nah. It sounds like the 'Skins may be seeing a 3rd jersey instead of a major revamp of their home and away uni (at least from the sample jersey that was sent to them).

Are we talking yellow, black, throwback burgundy....

Oh....I duuuuunnnnnnnoooo. B)

Stop. it. right. now.

YOU'RE MAKING ME UNBELIEVABLY CONCERNED.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, the Skins' unis are very "touchable".

t_30269_01.jpg

Better helmet, better colors, better design.

I'd argue that wearing the exact same uniform for upwards of 90% of their games the last 40 years makes them a hard to touch look.

you mean 80's on the top and 60's on the bottom?

their current set is a hodgepodge of a mess

Nah, the Skins' unis are very "touchable".

t_30269_01.jpg

Better helmet, better colors, better design.

I'd argue that wearing the exact same uniform for upwards of 90% of their games the last 40 years makes them a hard to touch look.

you mean 80's on the top and 60's on the bottom?

their current set is a hodgepodge of a mess

The white over burgundy look did start in 79, a few years later then I had thought. Even still, that uniform was almost exclusive till 2003, when white over white was a half and half deal. So yes, it may not be 90%, but the uniforms are classics. Now, the gold pants are a different story. If they just matched the striping on the pants and socks, it'd be a completely coordinated and simple look.

potd 10/20/12

I'm still wondering how Nike is going to make $50 million per year selling only jerseys and sideline apparel. Reebok wasn't turning huge profit on their $20 million per year contract, and they had the rights to sell everything, including jerseys, sideline, fangear, headwear and hot market merchandise

we don't know that Nike won't be selling all those things. Is the '47 hat deal exclusive? Or is it like MLB, with multiple licensees? We don't know.

We do know that Nike will have the on-field stuff, except for caps which is New Era, but beyond that I don't think we know any of the contracts will be exclusive.

lol...nah. It sounds like the 'Skins may be seeing a 3rd jersey instead of a major revamp of their home and away uni (at least from the sample jersey that was sent to them).

Stop. it. right. now.

They aren't getting black jerseys, I guarantee it. He's bluffing. I'll put $100 on it.

90758391980.gif

Stop. it. right. now.

They aren't getting black jerseys, I guarantee it. He's bluffing. I'll put $100 on it.

I don't really believe him all the time. I do think gold would look fine though. This picture is a nice example, well, without the weird ass striping.

(Time to prune quotes?)

5160317464_ecd4fe2722.jpg

potd 10/20/12

Stop. it. right. now.

He may not know anything... but neither do you. The Redskins have been rumored for years (by reputable sources) to have been working on a black alt. I think that Gameplan may have actually designed it, but I may be misremembering. In fact, I vaguely remember it being confirmed that they were actually produced at some point, but scrapped at the end.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yea, there was the whole Gameplan create design a couple years back, and they looked AWFUL. The Redskins community rebuked them big time.

Snyder may be a terrible owner, a profit seeking whore, and a public relations dumb-ass, but he is a lifelong Redskins fan. Bruce Allen, who's our new GM, is more involved with the uniforms than anything else! (All he talked about last year was gold pants). Allen just screams TRADITION whenever he talks about this. I don't see THIS being the Redskins of the future.

potd 10/20/12

Yea, there was the whole Gameplan create design a couple years back, and they looked AWFUL. The Redskins community rebuked them big time.

Snyder may be a terrible owner, a profit seeking whore, and a public relations dumb-ass, but he is a lifelong Redskins fan. Bruce Allen, who's our new GM, is more involved with the uniforms than anything else! (All he talked about last year was gold pants). Allen just screams TRADITION whenever he talks about this. I don't see THIS being the Redskins of the future.

And despite that, he's already proposed the addition of black. I wouldn't put it past him to try again. Now Allen on the other hand, is a completely different story, and would do whatever he could to maintain tradition. So hopefully he's able to talk Snyder away from the edge of the black abyss.

spacer.png

And despite that, he's already proposed the addition of black. I wouldn't put it past him to try again. Now Allen on the other hand, is a completely different story, and would do whatever he could to maintain tradition. So hopefully he's able to talk Snyder away from the edge of the black abyss.

Agreed. Hopefully Snyder can find another way to make money.

I'm working on a Redskins rebrand for the NFL concept contest that will hopefully compartmentalize all of my expansive thoughts on the Redskins uniforms into one neat section. But until then, I'll be spewing random information.

potd 10/20/12

Stop. it. right. now.

He may not know anything... but neither do you. The Redskins have been rumored for years (by reputable sources) to have been working on a black alt. I think that Gameplan may have actually designed it, but I may be misremembering. In fact, I vaguely remember it being confirmed that they were actually produced at some point, but scrapped at the end.

This is Dan Snyder we're talking about. Of course they'll be black.

Sounds like we have some takers on my bet... DM me or something and we can figure out a way to ship the money.

and BBTV, who are the reputable sources? Or is that just a vague statement with no actual fact behind it?

90758391980.gif

I just wish the Saints would match the golds return to their original shade of gold and add a white stripe to the gold pants....then I'm good.....

FYP

As a Saints fan, I'm calling your bluff.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Woah...I NEVER said the Saints are changing, i just implied that they are not untouchable. As for the Redskins, I saw the prototype Nike jersey sent to them (very generic) with the flywire. All it is a basic jersey with the new material. All 32 teams got them, but all of them were in each teams' colors. It was just interesting what the 'Skins got. That is all....for now.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'm still wondering how Nike is going to make $50 million per year selling only jerseys and sideline apparel. Reebok wasn't turning huge profit on their $20 million per year contract, and they had the rights to sell everything, including jerseys, sideline, fangear, headwear and hot market merchandise

we don't know that Nike won't be selling all those things. Is the '47 hat deal exclusive? Or is it like MLB, with multiple licensees? We don't know.

We do know that Nike will have the on-field stuff, except for caps which is New Era, but beyond that I don't think we know any of the contracts will be exclusive.

The put everything up for separate bids. Nike got on-field jerseys and apparel. New Era got on-field headwear. Twins got fan headwear. VF got fan apparel. I don't know about hot market. Could be included in on-field, but I don't know for sure. I think the fact that Reebok isn't permitted to produce any NFL merch after the Super Bowl makes it sound like each piece of the deal is exclusive, but I'm not positive. Either way, even if Nike is able to sell in all categories, how are they going to increase revenue 150% from what it is now? I mean, Nike can sell the hell out of something, but I don't know if they're that good.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived