Nike NFL uniforms "sneak peak"

fifthandlaurel

train_wreck.jpg

i agree....so johnny hear anything new lately?

Nothing much right now except my close friend at Partex hinted at the following (not confirmed):

- The Panthers are getting a brand new look and expect a few monchrome combinations and a new helmet.

- The Seahawks are getting an update that will focus on their dark navy blue and a new helmet (probably just a different color).

- The Steelers are wearing a different alternate throwback uniform.

- The Redskins may tamper with black *runs for cover*.

- The Falcons are more than likely going back to a primary black jersey and possibly (not likely) a red helmet.

PLEASE be somewhat inspired by the '66 throwbacks!!! No more piping or panels! They look so good in the throwbacks.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

train_wreck.jpg

Nothing much right now except my close friend at Partex hinted at the following (not confirmed):

- The Panthers are getting a brand new look and expect a few monchrome combinations and a new helmet.

- The Seahawks are getting an update that will focus on their dark navy blue and a new helmet (probably just a different color).

- The Falcons are more than likely going back to a primary black jersey and possibly (not likely) a red helmet.

YOU CANNOT HIDE

:evil: :evil:

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

No disrespect intended for anyone who may actually "be in the know"...but I personally don't believe a word of none of this stuff, and won't believe any of it until I see it with my own four eyes. That's just my take, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

train_wreck.jpg

YOU CANNOT HIDE

hahaha...sorry, man. Hopefully it doesn't happen. But, when the generic flywire Nike prototypes were sent out to all 32 teams, the Redskins did recieve a black one. Why I find this enteresting is that every other team received one in their team colors. Take that with the fact that black has been hinted for a few years for the Redskins and that Reebok made a few black prototypes for them in the past that were rejected, and now my friend brought it up....I dunno, man. Doesn't sound good for the 'Skins.

It is important to know that even prototypes mean nothing. Back in 2005, Reebok had made 6 prototypes for the Browns as possible uniform changes for the 2006 season. One of them greatly resembled the Denver Broncos. As we all found out, the only change they did to their uniform in 2006 was the elimination of the thin brown stripe on the sleeves of the brown uniform.

We shall find out around January/February for sure.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

good to hear that the falcons are probably going back to the black jersey...i missed that amazing jersey

It does sound like it's their former black jersey and not the current alternate/throwback. I wonder if this will also mean that their alternate uniform will be the classic red jersey.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Now Jonny,

My views on black for the Redskins aren't completely negative. If the Redskins ever do change or tweak, black will almost certainly be included. After all, it goes great with their colors. I don't mind seeing black trim or a black jersey (SO LONG AS THERE IS TRIM IN THE HOME AND AWAY), but I'm just kind of anxious about it. What I really don't want to have to do is go explain this whole thing to my favorite Redskins blog (Hogshaven), as most of them still think the "leaked Nike prototypes" are real. God help me.

After all, in my NFL concept Championship post, i gave the Redskins black trimmed uniforms.

potd 10/20/12

train_wreck.jpg

YOU CANNOT HIDE

hahaha...sorry, man. Hopefully it doesn't happen. But, when the generic flywire Nike prototypes were sent out to all 32 teams, the Redskins did recieve a black one. Why I find this enteresting is that every other team received one in their team colors. Take that with the fact that black has been hinted for a few years for the Redskins and that Reebok made a few black prototypes for them in the past that were rejected, and now my friend brought it up....I dunno, man. Doesn't sound good for the 'Skins.

It is important to know that even prototypes mean nothing. Back in 2005, Reebok had made 6 prototypes for the Browns as possible uniform changes for the 2006 season. One of them greatly resembled the Denver Broncos. As we all found out, the only change they did to their uniform in 2006 was the elimination of the thin brown stripe on the sleeves of the brown uniform.

6 prototypes for the Browns? Wow. I definitely remember team owner Randy Lerner showing NFL Films one that was pretty much exactly what they ended up going with, but I don't recall seeing any of the others. I'd be curious to know what they looked like.

train_wreck.jpg

YOU CANNOT HIDE

6 prototypes for the Browns? Wow. I definitely remember team owner Randy Lerner showing NFL Films one that was pretty much exactly what they ended up going with, but I don't recall seeing any of the others. I'd be curious to know what they looked like.

Yea, 6. I saw 2. One had the Broncos side piping (I think it's the same one Kellen Winslow talked about in a Penthouse interview) and the other one slightly resembled the Hurricanes stripe pattern (Willis Mcgahee era). At least those two would've been a disaster. I never saw the other 4 or know what they looked like.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Now Jonny,

My views on black for the Redskins aren't completely negative. If the Redskins ever do change or tweak, black will almost certainly be included. After all, it goes great with their colors. I don't mind seeing black trim or a black jersey (SO LONG AS THERE IS TRIM IN THE HOME AND AWAY), but I'm just kind of anxious about it. What I really don't want to have to do is go explain this whole thing to my favorite Redskins blog (Hogshaven), as most of them still think the "leaked Nike prototypes" are real. God help me.

After all, in my NFL concept Championship post, i gave the Redskins black trimmed uniforms.

No, it doesn't look great with their colors. It looks terrible with their colors. Unlike the Falcons, their red is too close to the black. Throw in the bright yellow and it will make the red bleed into the black even more. There is no way a Redskins uniform can look good incorporating black (unless it is a single superfluous sleeve stripe that doesn't greatly detract from the look).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Now Jonny,

No, it doesn't look great with their colors. It looks terrible with their colors. Unlike the Falcons, their red is too close to the black. Throw in the bright yellow and it will make the red bleed into the black even more. There is no way a Redskins uniform can look good incorporating black (unless it is a single superfluous sleeve stripe that doesn't greatly detract from the look).

Roman, sounds like if they do infact approve Nike's black (though they have constantly rejected Reebok's idea), it will probably ONLY be with some sort of 3rd alternate uniform and not the primary home and away.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Browns - put a logo on the helmet.

I know this is a lot of wishful thinking, but that would be my idea NFL.

brownswithlogo.png

Your funny...more like this:

324px-Cleveland_Browns_B_logosvg.png

Nah...that's their women's only merchandise logo. Other than the center stripes, ONLY numbers should ever grace that helmet. Vikings, Cardinals, and Falcons are living proof of what happens when you take a classic uniform and turn it into complete :censored: . No thanks.

Interesting...the Vikings, Cardinals and Falcons are some of my favorite sets in the NFL.

How about this:

browns-logo.jpg

or this:

browns%20logo%20cool.png

I find it interesting that the idea of putting a logo on the Browns' helmets is a hot topic that never seems to go away, yet there are more than a handful of prominent college teams that don't have logos on their helmets but no one seems to want to put logos on their helmets. Does that mean that a logo-less helmet is more of a college tradition and not fitting for the NFL??? I'm being serious...is it? Haven't the Browns worn logo-less helmets for almost as long if not longer than Ohio State, Penn State & Notre Dame to name a few? I would imagine that is long enough to establish a tradition that is well worth keeping and leaving untouched. Is it because an all orange helmet looks garish??? I've always been puzzled by this. Any thoughts?

I don't even think the Browns HAVE to put a logo on their helmet. It would be nice though, if they could at least establish a logo that is official and well known that can be used on NFL broadcasts, sports shows, newspapers, websites ect. Not having a logo on your helmet, fine. Making a picture of your helmet or an orange square, circle or blob your "logo" is not fine!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Now Jonny,

Don't mean to plug a thread here, but in my signature there's a link to the concept championship I'm in, in which I have Redskins unforms featuring black trim. What do you think about that use of black? I personally think black looks amazing with the lighter burgundy and gold. The unforms are on page eight or nine.

potd 10/20/12

I don't like the thought of the redskins and black but if they are to do make a change it would be at the hands if the NFL and the redskins organization, i feel like nikes gonna get alll the blame though. I'm sure if they do however that it'll be because nike presented a different, look that is preferred over anything reebok presented.

On another note, I don't think the panthers in a black helmet would look bad. I could see that working, and I really hope to see an updated wordmark.

Yea, 6. I saw 2. One had the Broncos side piping (I think it's the same one Kellen Winslow talked about in a Penthouse interview) and the other one slightly resembled the Hurricanes stripe pattern (Willis Mcgahee era). At least those two would've been a disaster. I never saw the other 4 or know what they looked like.

It's funny that Reebok proposed changing the Browns' uniform to something like two of the most iconic Nike-designed uniforms of all time.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived