Nike NFL uniforms "sneak peak"

fifthandlaurel

... logo above the NOB, possibly reversing the colors on the pants stripe.

So, you want to take the throwbacks and make them bad?

Well, yes, I guess so! :P

I know a lot of people hate the logo above the NOB but I've never seen why. Seems pretty harmless to me, and there's no other place on the throwback for the norseman head logo (which I'd really like to see stay on the uniform). As for reversing the pants stripe colors... the jersey is purple and white seperated by thin gold... I'd just like to see that matched on the pants.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any word with the steelers......are they are going with the 1933 unis as the alt, could they consider going back to the block numerals and name font, will the vikings go throwback full-time. will the giants go with the 1986 unis as an alt and will the dolphins change unis.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

... logo above the NOB, possibly reversing the colors on the pants stripe.

So, you want to take the throwbacks and make them bad?

Well, yes, I guess so! :P

I know a lot of people hate the logo above the NOB but I've never seen why. Seems pretty harmless to me, and there's no other place on the throwback for the norseman head logo (which I'd really like to see stay on the uniform). As for reversing the pants stripe colors... the jersey is purple and white seperated by thin gold... I'd just like to see that matched on the pants.

I hate back logos and wordmarks on the front of jerseys and I don't think there would ever be an instance where they would look good, but that's just me.

I thought about the striping matching the numbers, but I don't think they need to. If the pants stripes were changed as you suggested, the yellow would fade against the white. It largely fades on the numbers, but that is the best solution because it would look bad if they used yellow numbers with a purple outline. I think it looks best when dark stripes are on the outside of the lighter one, but the reversal being "a Cleveland thing" that doesn't look good on anybody else.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Anyone have anything on the Patriots. I love their current dark set, not so much the light.

These are the changes I would accept or even hope for...

- No more Navy Blue pants and striped socks. Use the silver pants and blue socks with both home and away.

- Make the red side pannel stripes the same thickness as they are on the pants.

- A simplified/modernized Pat Patriot on the current silver hemet/red mask.

- A slight lightening of the navy blue, not a return to the '90s blue.

I like most of what you're proposing. My two cents...

- I'd kill to see the silver pants with the white jerseys.

- Get rid of the rechid side panels completely.

- Tighten up the striping on the blue pants. I really don't the blue 'stripe' on the blue pants. Maybe have red/white/red, or red/silver/red.

- Incorporate more silver onto the road set. The helmet sticks out like a sore thumb.

- I'm gonna hear it for this, but a Pat Patriot patch on the shoulder like the Jets and Steelers currently have.

Anyone have anything on the Patriots. I love their current dark set, not so much the light.

These are the changes I would accept or even hope for...

- No more Navy Blue pants and striped socks. Use the silver pants and blue socks with both home and away.

- Make the red side pannel stripes the same thickness as they are on the pants.

- A simplified/modernized Pat Patriot on the current silver hemet/red mask.

- A slight lightening of the navy blue, not a return to the '90s blue.

I like most of what you're proposing. My two cents...

- I'd kill to see the silver pants with the white jerseys.

- Get rid of the rechid side panels completely.

- Tighten up the striping on the blue pants. I really don't the blue 'stripe' on the blue pants. Maybe have red/white/red, or red/silver/red.

- Incorporate more silver onto the road set. The helmet sticks out like a sore thumb.

- I'm gonna hear it for this, but a Pat Patriot patch on the shoulder like the Jets and Steelers currently have.

No, I don't think we really want to see the current silver pants with the white jerseys - remember that camera commercial from a couple of years ago? It had the "Patriots" in white jerseys and silver pants and the current silver is too light - it washes out completely. Now if they darkened the silver pants back to the shade they used in the 1990s it would work.

I'd like to see if Nike will offer the shiny silver helmet that was worn by Ohio State last weekend to Detroit, Oakland, Dallas, Carolina, or New England. Or will the NFL nix that on the grounds that they might be too reflective?

130776802_crop_650x440.jpg?1320024318

I'd like to see if Nike will offer the shiny silver helmet that was worn by Ohio State last weekend to Detroit, Oakland, Dallas, Carolina, or New England. Or will the NFL nix that on the grounds that they might be too reflective?

The helmets are made and finished by outside companies. I wonder how teams handle that kind of ordering, given how many different helmets we see in the NFL. Many college teams only use one or two styles

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is what it would look on a current Browns player if they were to bring back the orange pants:

5163453118_4a2c81622b.jpg

That right there is amazing. That would be a win if they wore those at home every time.

That uni combination has so much balance there.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Got info from a pretty reliable source that there may be changes coming for the Panthers next year...and of course, the rumored Seahawks, which we already knew...

Panthers changing uniforms is old news.

Yeah, do you remember who broke it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Any reason to post that picture makes my day :)

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I'm hearing more around the 904 that Nike is going to add some more gold back into the Jaguars uniform and fix the striping and possibly more teal. Has anyone else heard anything ?

I'm hearing more around the 904 that Nike is going to add some more gold back into the Jaguars uniform and fix the striping and possibly more teal. Has anyone else heard anything ?

Ingore the double.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Got info from a pretty reliable source that there may be changes coming for the Panthers next year...and of course, the rumored Seahawks, which we already knew...

Uniwatch, I believe.

Uniwatch, I believe.

Good news. I hope the change is full and complete.

I've never liked the logo, seems just so blocky and unrefined. I know I may be in the minority here and I think even Communication Arts awarded it when it came out but I just don't think it works.

Ingore the double.

I'm not too sure, I think I remember someone saying they actually contacted the Jags' equipment manager and asked them about next year's changes. He said that they are not changing the design of the uniform, but since they will be using Nike's equipment, the striping problem that they currently have will be taken care of.

Ingore the double.

I'm not too sure, I think I remember someone saying they actually contacted the Jags' equipment manager and asked them about next year's changes. He said that they are not changing the design of the uniform, but since they will be using Nike's equipment, the striping problem that they currently have will be taken care of.

sigh

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ingore the double.

I go back and forth with Drew Hampton equipment manager of the Jaguars on twitter.Its sounding like same unis just striping being fixed no gold addition.He also hints at the return of an all black set (new style)introduced around the draft.

Archived