CCSLC Badges

raysox

Ok, just so I understand.

If there is a panel of judges, lets say 5 members, how is it determined who is the judges, if one is not around to judge a concept, what happens next? if they never com back around, how do they get replaced? how are the concepts to be graded?

Here is my idea, i know it may sound complicated and a long process, but to make it so not just any concept gets a badge, u need to have the best judging.

Make a thread so members can nominate the judges, then put all the nominations in a thread and have all the members vote on who should be the judges, based on there designs. Each judges needs to want to be a judge. If a judge is not able to judge on a concept you can have 2 alternates, so if the primary one is not here for lets say 24 hours, they alternate judge can step in and complete it.

As for grading, i think it should be in 3 categories; Design, Colors, Presentation. grand from 1-10 10 being the highest in each category. to get a badge you must receive a score of 25 or higher from 3 of the 5 judges.

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought, but the MLB badges could just be the cap logos and backgrounds (backgrounds being the color of the cap).

I like the NFL badges on Page 1: the logo and then the helmet stripe and color. It's simple and I guess it would just make a lot of sense.

GatorHunter, that does sound really complicated. And I think if we make this thread, it's gonna start out small, so IMO one of the simpler ideas would be better to determine the giving of the badges. Not saying it's a bad idea, though, just slightly complicated. I also think that it if there are going to be judges then the judges wouldn't be allowed to give C&C.

The number is just the serial number like a baseball card. It's just a way to keep track of who and how many you have. I'm still talking to some guys about what we could do.

I think to make both sides happy would have a nomination thread, and have the panel judge. best of 5 decides whether the concept is badge worthy. If it's a panel member's concept, then a wildcard judge would be asked and that breaks the tie if it's 2-2.

Simplicity, people. I think a point system wouldnt work like that because it would just be easier to say yes or no than some BCS thing.

The number is just the serial number like a baseball card. It's just a way to keep track of who and how many you have. I'm still talking to some guys about what we could do.

I think to make both sides happy would have a nomination thread, and have the panel judge. best of 5 decides whether the concept is badge worthy. If it's a panel member's concept, then a wildcard judge would be asked and that breaks the tie if it's 2-2.

Simplicity, people. I think a point system wouldnt work like that because it would just be easier to say yes or no than some BCS thing.

I think you just revived the concept forum. After all of the trolling that's been going on for years and a seemingly lackadasial trend going on where these 30 minute concept were being spewed out(not calling anyone out because I started out with a concept that was blurry and pixelated. We all start somewhere, but its those repeated offenders that never want to change that are the problem), we might have finally began a revoulution. You even have members here that have incentive to begin making concepts. Even those who currently make concepts will find ways to improve them.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Ok, just so I understand.

If there is a panel of judges, lets say 5 members, how is it determined who is the judges, if one is not around to judge a concept, what happens next? if they never com back around, how do they get replaced? how are the concepts to be graded?

Here is my idea, i know it may sound complicated and a long process, but to make it so not just any concept gets a badge, u need to have the best judging.

Make a thread so members can nominate the judges, then put all the nominations in a thread and have all the members vote on who should be the judges, based on there designs. Each judges needs to want to be a judge. If a judge is not able to judge on a concept you can have 2 alternates, so if the primary one is not here for lets say 24 hours, they alternate judge can step in and complete it.

As for grading, i think it should be in 3 categories; Design, Colors, Presentation. grand from 1-10 10 being the highest in each category. to get a badge you must receive a score of 25 or higher from 3 of the 5 judges.

Your idea makes sense, but instead of making it a complicated matter, what's to stop us from using the PotD method (in case you didn't read my post before)?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This reminds me of when I used to play computer games: most were boring, but the ones that awarded trophies/medals were so much more fun. It sounds dumb, but it was actually true. Let's hope it works at least close to the same way here.

Bubba gave me an idea. I think if three people mention badge, like the PotD, then one of a select group decides and posts the badge. That might save people time from a request thread or something.

Wouldn't that make every concept a fight for badges? Every comment will be either:

A) I love how you incorporated black into the Cardinals color scheme. Badge from me.

B) This concept doesn't do it for me. No badge.

I still think that a single thread for badges is the best option, but I fully support whatever you decide.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Bubba gave me an idea. I think if three people mention badge, like the PotD, then one of a select group decides and posts the badge. That might save people time from a request thread or something.

Wouldn't that make every concept a fight for badges? Every comment will be either:

A) I love how you incorporated black into the Cardinals color scheme. Badge from me.

I still think that a single thread for badges is the best option, but I fully support whatever you decide.

Isn't that a good thing? In every concept, the OP would really try hard for that badge. But if you restricted it to 500 posts/1 year or whatever, there would be less clutter and "yes", "no", "yes". "no". Another thing would be people's different criteria. Does it have to be very good, excellent, or blow-you-away? Who views what as what?

Isn't that a good thing? In every concept, the OP would really try hard for that badge. But if you restricted it to 500 posts/1 year or whatever, there would be less clutter and "yes", "no", "yes". "no". Another thing would be people's different criteria. Does it have to be very good, excellent, or blow-you-away? Who views what as what?

That's the whole point, right? to get a badge. If your first starting out(like me) my goal would be to improve myself so i can get a badge. But as Big Bubba said, my style, design, or what i think looks good is different from what someone else thinks. So there should me some time of criteria to go by.

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

What happens when someone makes a concept for a fantasy team or a made-up team? Do you have a generic concept badge? That would be cool.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived