NBA Replicas Are Hip to Hipsters?

touchdownindia

So when did NBA replica jerseys from the 1990's become all the fashion rage of the so called Hipsters at concerts this past summer? This Deadspin article is not only an eye opener but some of the comments connected to the hipsters choice of jersey and the connection to the player is probably most appreciated on this Forum. These are funny funny comments kids...

http://deadspin.com/5609266/look-at-these-:censored:ing-hoopsters-at-lollapalooza/gallery/1

I don't know about hipsters, but when I was in school at Ohio University (2006-2010) every douche at the outdoor fests would wear 1 size too small NBA jerseys from the 90's. To mock them I wore my Teemu Selanne Mighty Ducks jersey. I hope a few people got my little dig at them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wouldn't say hipsters are the types of people that wear these. The 90s NBA jersey is pretty common fraternity wear, though. I don't have any right now (but I do have a Hartford Whalers jersey that will be worn this week), but I've been looking for a Big Country Reeves jersey for a while now.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I wouldn't say hipsters are the types of people that wear these. The 90s NBA jersey is pretty common fraternity wear, though. I don't have any right now (but I do have a Hartford Whalers jersey that will be worn this week), but I've been looking for a Big Country Reeves jersey for a while now.

It's definitely hipsterwear. Been a staple of the Chicago music scene for a few summers now. Even saw a ton of them at the Indy 500 among the music/art/culture crowd. The hipsters wear 1990s NBA jerseys, the old-school douches wear cut-off tees and the modern douches go shirtless. I actually have the purple Glenn Robinson one. Found it at home in a box of my old stuff. Fits like a glove.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't know about hipsters, but when I was in school at Ohio University (2006-2010) every douche at the outdoor fests would wear 1 size too small NBA jerseys from the 90's. To mock them I wore my Teemu Selanne Mighty Ducks jersey. I hope a few people got my little dig at them.

Are you sure you weren't the one being the douche in this situation?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So when did NBA replica jerseys from the 1990's become all the fashion rage of the so called Hipsters at concerts this past summer? This Deadspin article is not only an eye opener but some of the comments connected to the hipsters choice of jersey and the connection to the player is probably most appreciated on this Forum. These are funny funny comments kids...

http://deadspin.com/5609266/look-at-these-:censored:ing-hoopsters-at-lollapalooza/gallery/1

DUDE!

That article is from LAST SUMMER! 2010!!

Retro jerseys are sooo 2010!

Get with the program and score yourself a Navajo print Pendleton jacket bro!!

It's definitely hipsterwear. Been a staple of the Chicago music scene for a few summers now. Even saw a ton of them at the Indy 500 among the music/art/culture crowd. The hipsters wear 1990s NBA jerseys, the old-school douches wear cut-off tees and the modern douches go shirtless. I actually have the purple Glenn Robinson one. Found it at home in a box of my old stuff. Fits like a glove.

I stand corrected then. Hipsters here probably don't wear them because they're such popular fraternity wear.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah.

As someone who also graduated from Ohio in 2010, I can absolutely confirm what McCarthy is saying. You cant go a weekend down in Athens in Spring Quarter without seeing some idiot wearing like a Youth XL random team jersey. It's ridiculous.

x0y5nq.png

Man, this is nothing new. I remember searching through vintage clothes shops back in the mid-90s and finding hundreds of old NBA jerseys - for some reason, they always seemed to have a lot of Run-TMC era Warriors and Bad Boys era Pistons Champion replicas...

Yeah.

As someone who also graduated from Ohio in 2010, I can absolutely confirm what McCarthy is saying. You cant go a weekend down in Athens in Spring Quarter without seeing some idiot wearing like a Youth XL random team jersey. It's ridiculous.

I also went to Ohio Univ.

I'm not understanding why this is bad? You prefer the current player, 2XL replicas with the wide shoulders over a trim fit retro jersey? A tank top that fits how a tank top is supposed to fit is, well, a good thing. I don't understand what makes any of this bad, unless it becomes a belly shirt, like the one photo.

YOU started this same thread back in August! Different gallery, but same thing.

Right here.

Right here.

I knew we had this thread before, but not from the same guy. :wacko:

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

http://deadspin.com/...looza/gallery/1

Right here.

Exactly.

Plus, Straightcashhomey.net has been posting people in odd jersey choices for years (2007).

Archived