BFBS in Canadian CFB

RevNet

Université Laval's Rouge-et-Or football team, which has won 5 of the last 8 Vanier Cups (including last year's), had decided to go BFBS for their game against their rivals, the Carabins of Université de Montréal. (Laval won 24-14):

plesius.jpg?w=659&h=413

They appear at about 10 seconds in, and there are close-ups towards the end of the video:

There are also red and white versions, too:

photo_1855340_resize.jpg

379956-julian-feoli-gudino-heros-victoire.jpg

Old/Current:

91775.jpg

5067800394_576080c952.jpg

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

Université Laval's Rouge-et-Or football team, which has won 5 of the last 8 Vanier Cups (including last year's), had decided to go BFBS for their game against their rivals, the Carabins of Université de Montréal. (Laval won 24-14):

There are also red and white versions, too:

photo_1855340_resize.jpg

Whoa. That's actually a really nice uniform I think. The gold-white-red combo is nice too. The black one actually seems like it could fit, seeing that apparently Laval uses some black trim here and there. Also, am I spotting the Miami palm numbers? They actually look pretty neat here.

I've always been interested in Canadian CFB, and it's cool to see some of this! Thanks for sharing.

This makes me think we should have Canadian CFB Uniform thread, like the NCAA one!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

plesius.jpg?w=659&h=413

For a team called the 'Rouge-et-Or', it seems to be lacking in the 'Or'. I can live with the use of black trim in their uniforms but this is definitely BFBS.

tigercatssignature-1.png

plesius.jpg?w=659&h=413

For a team called the 'Rouge-et-Or', it seems to be lacking in the 'Or'. I can live with the use of black trim in their uniforms but this is definitely BFBS.

Yeah, teams that are named after colours are the last ones who should be hopping aboard the BFBS train.

On the Canadian university baseball front I'm just happy to see the Western Mustangs finally get off the BFBS bandwagon.

old....

rp_primary_BSBL20061021CGbrock2.jpg

new...

rp_primary_BSBL20100926brockCG12.jpg

Just a nitpick. Technically it's University football in Canada. Colleges and Universities here are two different things, unlike in the states.

On topic I think a CIS Football thread would be nice to have. I'll try and collect some examples.

And CFB is actually used in Canada to stand for Canadian Forces Base--referring to military bases.

So I thought this was a post about the military.

If they have Gold helmets, I'd like to see gold pants or a gold jersey every time--and then red or whit for the other as appropriate for home or away unis.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I guess my question is this: If black is part of their color scheme, is it really Black for Black's Sake?

See, that's my thought. I get that they're the Rouge-et-Or, but they obviously use black as a decent trim and thier logo itself features a good amount of black. In this day and age, the aforementioned really sets you up for a black uniform. I'm not sure I'd call it BFBS. Sure, it's probably MBTN (more black than necessary), but in my humble opinion, not quite BFBS.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I guess my question is this: If black is part of their color scheme, is it really Black for Black's Sake?

See, that's my thought. I get that they're the Rouge-et-Or, but they obviously use black as a decent trim and thier logo itself features a good amount of black. In this day and age, the aforementioned really sets you up for a black uniform. I'm not sure I'd call it BFBS. Sure, it's probably MBTN (more black than necessary), but in my humble opinion, not quite BFBS.

LMMAFTTWBUIAGTWAW

Let's Make More Acronyms For Teams That Wear Black Uniforms In Amounts Greater Than We Agree With

lol.

Is it a lot of black for a team that previously didn't wear much? Yeah. Is it Black for Black's Sake? It just looks like an alternate to me. If it's in the color scheme, it's not just a cry for attention (see Carolina Hurricanes and Chicago Blackhawks thirds as opposed to Tennessee Football's black jersey). If it's part of the color scheme at all, it's not BFBS. If it's only a small part of the color scheme (Mets black, Eagles black), then it's good to discourage, but even then it's not quite at the same level.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I guess if a team has gold, black, and red with white as their main colors... I can't possibly understand how its BFBS. Now, if the Minnesota Vikings decided to come out with an all black uniform, then sure... its BFBS. But this whole idea of a team wearing a black uniform because they don't typically wear a black uniform is ridiculous.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I guess if a team has gold, black, and red with white as their main colors... I can't possibly understand how its BFBS. Now, if the Minnesota Vikings decided to come out with an all black uniform, then sure... its BFBS. But this whole idea of a team wearing a black uniform because they don't typically wear a black uniform is ridiculous.

The team is named the Rouge-et-Or. That's French for the Red and Gold. I think it's fair to call it case of BFBS when a team named the Red and Gold wears a uniform that's primarily black with little red and even less gold.

football.jpg

This was a new one for me this season...seeing SMU with black in their unis. Normally it is just maroon and white.

they forgot to take the soccer goals off the field

What is that thing that the centers snapping or is this just a weird picture?

It would appear to be a ceramic polar bear named Ursula.

(That has to qualify as one of the oddest sentences I've ever written.)

My link

I can haz sig?

The team is named the Rouge-et-Or. That's French for the Red and Gold. I think it's fair to call it case of BFBS when a team named the Red and Gold wears a uniform that's primarily black with little red and even less gold.

I disagree. Black is part of their uniform from the jump, so its not just black for black's sake. The Red Sox have a blue jersey. How come its not BlFBlS?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived