Kentucky Stickhorses

Burmy

i'm giving it an SMH, even though i may go to some games.

personally i think louisville stickhorses is slighly better but then again i think any team in louisville with the name kentucky makes no sense (if you aren't from here it would take too long to explain).

Yeah, the first image that nickname conjures up is a cloth horse-head mounted on a broomstick as a kid's toy.

My thoughts exactly.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The name sounds like something a college student would call his you-know-what.

"Hey... wanna see my stickhorse?"

"Eww, no..."

The logo isn't much better, but it's not like they were working with something inspiring to begin with.

Yeah, the first image that nickname conjures up is a cloth horse-head mounted on a broomstick as a kid's toy.

To wit:

aa_11083_pink_stick_horse.jpg

From apinkprincess.com. Maybe they can strike up a marketing deal with the Stickhorses...

lol! For all the wrestling fans out there, Pepe is back!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

That word mark is horrible and the logo and name is not much better. I guess the only great logo for minor league teams in Kentucky still belongs to the Kentucky Thoroughblades.

Kentucky_thoroughblades.png

i see your thoroughblades and raise you a panther

LouisvillePanthers.GIF

That word mark is horrible and the logo and name is not much better. I guess the only great logo for minor league teams in Kentucky still belongs to the Kentucky Thoroughblades.

Kentucky_thoroughblades.png

i see your thoroughblades and raise you a panther

LouisvillePanthers.GIF

Nice one! I seen these teams battle it out a lot over the years.

spacer.png

wish both teams were still playing. the stickhorses in freedom hall is a mistake of epic proportions. its part of the reason the panthers aren't here anymore.

for those who don't know, freedom hall seats 18,500 (officially) for basketball. another arena next door broadbent arena seats 8000 for hockey. they should be playing in broadbent.

Archived